Phasing technique (HELP)

Previous topic - Next topic

SirMike

I was reading the guide on phasing from Ryan's site, and I got a bit frustrated.
There is one part where it says if you notice on the outer edge of your vision, it helps keep your mind
active. So I tried this but my eyelids keep opening or my attention goes right back to the center -_-
Can someone help me  :?

Lionheart

Try using an Eye Pillow/Eye Covering as a tool to aide you until you can handle the eye problem. I still use an Eye Pillow everytime I Phase, I know it's training wheels but it works for me and that's all that's important. I just stare into the darkness, no corners or anything. Just the darkness in front of me and then I await the Astral. Know that you are going to be successful always expect it and it will happen. Positive Mental Attitude = Success in all forms of life!  :-)

astraladdict

It might be one of those things where you just need to push through it with practice.

~astraladdict
My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...

Xanth

Quote from: SirMike on September 29, 2011, 00:01:28
I was reading the guide on phasing from Ryan's site, and I got a bit frustrated.
There is one part where it says if you notice on the outer edge of your vision, it helps keep your mind
active. So I tried this but my eyelids keep opening or my attention goes right back to the center -_-
Can someone help me  :?
Heya... since you're reading my eBook, I guess I should try to explain.

I'm not exactly sure which part you mean though.  Could you give me a quick page number I could glance over quickly?  Because I think you might be misreading it... or else I'll need to re-write something to provide further clarification.  :)

SirMike

Quote from: Ryan_ on September 29, 2011, 09:12:04
Heya... since you're reading my eBook, I guess I should try to explain.

I'm not exactly sure which part you mean though.  Could you give me a quick page number I could glance over quickly?  Because I think you might be misreading it... or else I'll need to re-write something to provide further clarification.  :)

Here this is the part where it talks about peripheral vision and stuff -_-

"When I actually get to the part of my routine when I begin "noticing", I stare into the blackness. It's the same blackness that you see when you close your eyes (however non-uniform it may look). My goal is to notice any changes that happen within that blackness. It can be literally anything, as Frank put it, it could be a flash of something, or perceiving some kind of movement. When you begin to see anything (again, do not outright dismiss anything you see) consciously zero in on it. Your goal is to "passively observe", this means (and this is very important) to keep an
air of curiosity about what you're seeing. As I see this stuff, I kind of talk to myself while observing it, but I do so without actually talking verbally or thinking it.
To explain that last part... take a piece of paper, this piece of paper is going to represent the "blackness behind your eyes". Draw a single dot in the middle of the page then hold the page up to your face and stare at the dot (it is okay to allow the dot to become unfocused). The dot represents your fixated gaze (depending upon how closely you're holding the paper to your face, you could see two dots) within the blackness (or in this case the whiteness of the paper). Now, consciously take in the rest of what you can see of the paper, but don't actually look around, use your peripheral vision. Try to see any irregularities in the paper. There might be a speck of something somewhere, or a small crease somewhere else that you didn't notice before and you might be noticing that the paper isn't uniformly white and you begin to focus in on these new-found items of interest. Notice these irregularities and retain that air of curiosity regarding them. Become more and more curious and take your consciousness deeper and deeper with each and every aspect that you notice in the paper. The more you do this, the more you will begin to forget about the physical world around you and the more your consciousness shifts within that which you are gazing at. This is the act of becoming fixated within."

Or for easier reference, end of pg 15 and 16. lol.