Problems with Glass

Previous topic - Next topic

Sthomo

Recentaly I've been playing around with how it feels to go though different materials out-of-body. I found that mirror confuse the hell out me and that I can't always go though them, at least while ending up no the other side; similarly I've a few problems going though some non-reflective glass. I've heard of other people having problems with mirrors and glass. I wanted to ask if this is a mechanical problem, something inherent in oobes, or a mental problem that can be overcome with the right thinking.

kiwibonga

There's definitely something weird about glass... I've gotten trapped in it as well...

Glass is actually a crystal that has the same composition as quartz... New age "stoners" (:)) are very fond of quartz for its properties when it comes to storing energy and whatnot...

Something potentially interesting would be to see if the same effects are encountered when going through a plexiglas window (plastic)... If there's a big noticeable difference between the two, it would be a breakthrough in astral dynamics, for sure.
OBE counter: Lost track! 35+ since 3/21/2006

Clarky

When I project, if I have the option of going through my wall or window then I usually go through the wall.  My wall seems really easy to pass through and less dense where as my window is the opposite and I'm not too keen on that glassy scratchy feeling as your trying to pass through.

Greytraveller

About mirrors.

I have read many OBE reports of people using mirrors as a portal to go 'somewhere' else. That 'somewhere' always varies. It could be another location somewhere on earth. It could be somewhere on an astral "plane". It is strange that the mirror portals seem to lead to different places for different people and some people don't go anywhere at all. Very mysterious.

Confused  :?
Grey  8-)

myst59

Grey,
It is a world wide web,
myst....

Lysear

I also had difficulties passing through glass during a projection.

myst59

Pasting these from older threads.  Just that sthomo's
post, first sentence seems related:

Quote from: Sthomo on December 24, 2007, 15:33:41
Recentaly I've been playing around with how it feels to go though different materials out-of-body.

Any feedback appreciated...

QuoteOccurred to me today that we may be able to find resolve via the astral forums on the web. My thoughts are that we could look therein to find people who do conscious OBE, the advanced stuff. Forum moderators might point us in the right direction, and to certain posts which would verify conscious OBE (doublevisioner=DV). From there, I'm thinking that we could befriend them and try to tug at their heartstrings, to see what they might might have to offer/find/experiment as far as resolve. Just that only they have the ability to experiment.
Well, just my 2 cents,
Joni

Quote from: myst59 on March 26, 2007, 18:29:48
Cheers,
It just occurred to me that there might be some here who
are experienced OBEers, while fully conscious/awake; and moving
around the house. I know I've seen them standing in my mirror, &
I in theirs.
Well, it dawned on me today that such individuals
would be able to experiment, in order to find objects,
materials, or states in which the astral negs would not be able
to physically withstand, would have to leave the situation. For instance,
there has been talk that astrals avoid running water, certain stones,
metals, magnets, etc, but has anyone here actually tested any of these
things for himself, remote, and awake, to see any physical reaction?
Anyone making a list, cause/reaction? Yea, looking for that "silver
bullet"; implant. I do know one thing, that the cause would have to be
a permenantly fixed object. Well; any feedback would be appreciated;
& contact me privately if preferred.
Just trying to consider a little reverse psychology, and/or asking
that spirit move, here, to such resolve. One would think that
with negs, bickering and frustration, that one would get fed-up and
spill the beans, give it up, spread the gospel, would even be able to
take the credit (justice) for it.
Anyone know what happened to usenet OBE user Peanut/Tony, from
a few years back? Just that he began obe at age 12, appeared credible,
respected. I know one woman who began at age 4. I'll google....
Interesting stuff, please consider,
myst...

Quote from: myst59 on June 11, 2007, 04:15:24
Hello,
   Many governments reportedly are now using Astral and Remote
Viewing for intelligence and defense purposes.  Some of these people
can literally walk on both sides of the veil, while conscious, awake.
If this is true, then such peeps, if approached about it, might well be
willing to work with the major scientific and pharmaceutical research
groups, for possible resolve, to try to banish negs using elements from
the elemental table. Could you imagine a Neg Spray?  How about a Neg
Pill?   
Ela

myst59

PS: Exterior walls of most houses contain fiberglass
(insulation).  Also of interest, may be "wool".
myst...

CFTraveler

I have never had too many problems going through (glass) windows, but mirrors are another thing.  I kept wondering why I kept 'landing' in the back of my house when I tried to go through the front wall, when I realized (duh!) that I was getting bounced off the mirror.
Double duh.  And at the time I didn't realize mirrors have been used as portals- so that explained it.

myst59

Glass bogs me down, stuck, where I have to roll my self away from it.
I guess it must be shapeshifting, dont' want the truth to come out; 
or maybe it prefers delusions of grandeur.
myst...

Amodia

I might have found the reason why.

Everyone say that walking through walls easy but glass is  hard.
I did a little research and found out that glass has a much higher density (kg/m3).
Glass has a dencity of 2500 kg/m3 and wood has around 300-600 kg/m3 i.e glass is much more compact then wood.

When we walk through objects and stuff it could be possible that we travel through the small space in between the molecules and because there's much smaller space in glass it would be the reason why it's much harder to walk though glass then walls.  :-D

myst59

amo,
  Interesting, in that glass is actually at the lower end of
the scale as far as density. For anyone that may want to
experiment:   
http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/periodic/density.html
myst...

Gandalf

In my view, any resistance is due to your mind. Other than that, there are no barriers.

For some reason, people have issues with glass and this manifests in the form of some kind of barrier. I would say it is the projector who is projecting the barrier.

Think about it logically for a moment. If you can go through walls and doors, then you can go through a glass window.

The talk about densities etc doesnt really cut it, as you have people who have psychological blockages with doors and walls also. Once they overcome this, they can pass through them no problem.

For some reason, glass also generates psychological issues with regard to going through it, but I pass through windows no problem at all.
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Greytraveller

Gandalf
your quote
QuoteIn my view, any resistance is due to your mind. Other than that, there are no barriers.

I basically agree. But it does bring up the question -- that if a more evolved mind/conscience wishes to erect barriers and keep us out of a place then those barriers (though not physical) are still very real indeed.
There are limits even in the astral and those limits are probably imposed/created by more powerful discarnates.

It would be nice if I'm wrong but suspect not.
Grey

myst59

Hi,

Eye Open OBE (conscious obe)
http://tinyurl.com/ysrhbn

myst59

iNNERvOYAGER

The only problem or experience  I've had with glass, is the impulse to go through the nearest glass window or door to explore outside of the room I find myself in.

In a way it makes sense because when deciding to go out of a room, you can see where you're going through the glass, where as if you go through a wall, door or ceiling, it's always a surprise after you go through.

When passing through the glass, I hear specific sounds associated with the event, a sqwoosh, squish, an almost water immersion like sound.

What may seem to be trivial to most people was the lasting impression of my first experience of looking at the edge of the glass while passing through and seeing the interior of the room, the edge of the glass and the outside at the same time. 

Clarky

I find this really fascinating. :)

I've had a fair few OBE's where I've had to really put my all into getting through my window.  I've been hanging out my window for a while before really struggling to get my lower half through and was almost laughing at the same time imagining someone walking past and seeing a ghostly image of me half hanging out my window getting really frustrated. :)  I tend to just go for the wall now as I'm through the other side straight away with no problems at all.  I've still not gone through a mirror but I've seen myself in one floating a foot above the ground with my eyes rolled right back.  I think I posted that somewhere.  I think that's going to be my next aim when I get out actually, to head for a mirror.     

Kraven Obscuria

Mirrors do have a tendency to transport you to odd places. For moving through glass, sometimes I think of getting stuck, so of course movement slows down.

I think the best thing is to just picture yourself on the other side of the glass rapidly as you are moving through it, and try not to have a moment's doubt.
eCommerce Warriors - Helping online merchants profit through social inbound marketing.

jub jub

The few times I've tried going through glass have proved difficult, like trying to go through a huge rubber membrane! I avoid windows now and go straight through the roof.
"A moral being is one who is capable of reflecting on his past actions and their motives - approving of some and disapproving of others"  -  Charles Darwin