Projection Journal -*Advise, tips, suggestions and comments are welcomed*-

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaza

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on May 26, 2021, 09:52:12
Then it hit me, is this what phasing is, going into a lucid dream from a wake state ? Is that "all" there is to it ?
That makes you question what a Lucid Dream really is. When I had my severe bout with Trigeminal Neuralgia, it only really hurt when I closed my eyes. This taught me how to either learn how to lose my physical focus, using my physical eyes, as soon as possible or suffer the consequences, which in this case was stabbing electric like pain and jolts from my left temple down to my jaw. But, it also led to what they call Tibetan Dream Yoga, which is staying aware during the natural cycles of sleep, all the way into the NPRs. It gave me a whole new scope on what I have been calling Dreams all my life. Because of that, I have omitted the word Dream from my nightly affirmations. I changed it with the word "sleep", as in "I am consciously aware I am asleep, knowing I am sleeping".

Quote? lol I think I may have overcomplicate things (going about it kinda backwards) :-D
We tend to do that in this practice. One step forward, two steps back! Until one day it hits us. That's why Tom Campbell says "it is us that needs to get out of the way and allow the natural shift to occur". Every time we use a technique it teaches us a bit more each time on ways to do just that.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Bob_the_floater

210605 (semi-lucid dream)
Woke up in the middle of the night, tried phasing but fell back asleep and had a lucid dream.

In a big factory of some kind everything looked old and worn down, there were many rooms and levels and I kept getting lost. Got approached by The boss and told I had to give a presentation/sales pitch, told him I was new and had no idea what was going on but he was like, you'll do fine no problem, don't remember the presentation but apparently I did good and there was a celebration in the cafeteria. Flew around the cafeteria for a little bit, back at the table I was sitting at they expressed approval of my flying, suddenly the guy sitting opposite to me shrunk down to about an inch and flew around the table. Asked him how he did that, told me he used a drug and showed me some white crystalline powder, he gave me a little to try for free (the first one is always free, lol), smoked it with a pipe handed to me by another guy and we had some fun flying while miniaturized. Back at the table again he told me something about numbers, the number 3 had to be written double size of other numbers/letters and they didn't call it three, but some strange name I can't remember. Bought a fistful of the powder for 150 which was a lifetime supply according to the guy, not a bad deal, lol.

The rest is a bit hazy. The factory started to fall apart, standing on a giant platform up high that started to plummet to the ground, but right before it hit the ground it reversed and went back up. The boss who was responsible for it falling apart tried to escape in what looked like a helicopter, I flew after him and dragged it back down :-D, and he got caught. Had a long conversation/flirted with with a cute girl (always cute girls in the NP for some reason).
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

Bob_the_floater

Quote from: Lumaza on May 26, 2021, 19:00:59
We tend to do that in this practice. One step forward, two steps back! Until one day it hits us. That's why Tom Campbell says "it is us that needs to get out of the way and allow the natural shift to occur". Every time we use a technique it teaches us a bit more each time on ways to do just that.

Very true! I've changed my approach now to starting with noticing, then after getting relaxed and the patterns/colors start to appear I do a rundown. Have "switched" to the NP a few times now, but every time I've woken up soon after I become aware I'm dreaming. There also seems to be a little gap where I lose consciousness.
Hopefully, the greed and exploitation of certain of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth. -Richard E. Byrd

EscapeVelocity

Bob-

Congratulations on your progress! I get the sense that you are realizing your own progression over the last year, it seems slow at times, but as I read back over your experiences within this thread I can definitely see it. You are now smoothing out the process of phasing with your relaxation and rundown routines. But it's not just there that the progress is apparent. Small aspects of each experience are shifting/changing and your focus is tightening and your overall awareness is increasing.

The gaps and click-outs as your awareness shifts into and out of these states are good signs, don't fight this; higher level teaching is likely taking place; adjustments. It feels a bit frustrating but it is actually a very good thing.

Your last experience I think was a very important step into a next higher level of learning called a 'Simulation'. These are tightly-controlled and managed areas in the NP of personal instruction which involve your personal characteristics within them, but I have noticed some general aspects such as the giant warehouse that you get lost in. The warehouse is what you interpret as the boundaries or demarcation of the Simulation's specific environment and your sensing this should be a clue to future experiences; this won't be the last one. They will build in complexity and challenge. In this one you were to address an audience without understanding the material. You apparently did this well and a celebration ensued. The celebration was sincere but also offered another lesson, the flying and the shrinking- both demonstrations of abilities only available to you in the NP. That was another success. The cute girl at the end was possibly a sexual challenge that is thrown at most of us from time to time, another small test or "pop quiz", lol! The "Boss" was possibly a guide in charge of the Simulation. Take some time to reflect on the consistency of the theme or story narrative that was presented and how this is now different from prior experiences. This is a time when things get really fun and challenging, good job!

Kurt Leland introduced the idea of Simulations. Here is a link to his explanation that you will now find interesting and useful.
http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-projection-log/2006/99-recognizing-simulations-astral-plane

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Bob_the_floater

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on June 05, 2021, 22:19:53
Congratulations on your progress! I get the sense that you are realizing your own progression over the last year, it seems slow at times, but as I read back over your experiences within this thread I can definitely see it. You are now smoothing out the process of phasing with your relaxation and rundown routines. But it's not just there that the progress is apparent. Small aspects of each experience are shifting/changing and your focus is tightening and your overall awareness is increasing.
Thanks EV!

Yes, the progress is there, however slow. Keeping a log(and the journal on here) have really helped me stick with it and realize my progress. For instance, I've noticed that my progress/successes come in groups with "dead" periods in-between, so now I kinda know what to expect and don't get discouraged so easily. Also nice to see the frequency of experiences (slowly) increase.

The gaps and click-outs as your awareness shifts into and out of these states are good signs, don't fight this; higher level teaching is likely taking place; adjustments. It feels a bit frustrating but it is actually a very good thing.

That's reassuring, never thought of it that way.

Your last experience I think was a very important step into a next higher level of learning called a 'Simulation'. These are tightly-controlled and managed areas in the NP of personal instruction which involve your personal characteristics within them, but I have noticed some general aspects such as the giant warehouse that you get lost in. The warehouse is what you interpret as the boundaries or demarcation of the Simulation's specific environment and your sensing this should be a clue to future experiences; this won't be the last one. They will build in complexity and challenge. In this one you were to address an audience without understanding the material. You apparently did this well and a celebration ensued. The celebration was sincere but also offered another lesson, the flying and the shrinking- both demonstrations of abilities only available to you in the NP. That was another success. The cute girl at the end was possibly a sexual challenge that is thrown at most of us from time to time, another small test or "pop quiz", lol! The "Boss" was possibly a guide in charge of the Simulation. Take some time to reflect on the consistency of the theme or story narrative that was presented and how this is now different from prior experiences. This is a time when things get really fun and challenging, good job!

Oh man, I have failed a lot of "pop quizzes", lol. Kidding aside, I really appreciate your input, you have given me lots to think about!

Kurt Leland introduced the idea of Simulations. Here is a link to his explanation that you will now find interesting and useful.
http://www.kurtleland.com/astral-projection-log/2006/99-recognizing-simulations-astral-plane

Great article, really interesting. I definitely will have to reread it further down the line to let everything sink in.

Lumaza

Like EV so eloquently said "these are teachable moments, but can only be taught at a personal level". We here on the Astral Pulse will help a person get there. There are plenty of techniques here on the Pulse that people could use as "blueprints" to tweak to a more personal nature. But there are many things a person has to experience and find out for themselves.

We could talk about a lot of this stuff until we were blue in the face. Yet, it only really makes sense to a person once they are currently experiencing. Examples of this: Go back to a Astral related source book, video, etc, that you read or listened to in the beginning of your NPR journeys. Now, the words seem to make more sense.

...and I second EV, "Congratulations" are in order here!   :-) 8-)
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Bob_the_floater

Thanks LU! :-)

Yep, should have gone back and reread some of Frank's posts sooner, could probably have saved me a little time, live and learn..

Bob_the_floater

210615 (phasing practice)
Focus on (top and center of head) going inward away from the eyes to the mental screen, but without "placing" anything on it, when I do this it feels like there is a pressure build up in the head and the hypnagogic imagery doesn't make me move focus back to the eyes so easily, so I was "chasing" that feeling. Clicked out, turned to my other side and continued, clicked out again, saw some pretty black and white geometric hypnopompic imagery after waking up, didn't move and continued to focus inward.

After some time, out of nowhere a fast loud deep WOOOOOOP sound, felt like both ears popped simultaneously and the feeling of going to a single point, or like I disappeared somehow. Immediately sat up in the bed very fast, felt rattled and had cold sweat, heavy/tired feeling in the head for about a half hour afterwards.

Didn't much care for this one, it felt very physical and like something wrong was happening. There was no choice to abort, more like a fight or flight response. But still can't help wonder what it might have led to..

Lumaza

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on June 15, 2021, 13:45:39
210615 (phasing practice)
Didn't much care for this one, it felt very physical and like something wrong was happening. There was no choice to abort, more like a fight or flight response. But still can't help wonder what it might have led to..
It never ceases to amaze me how we can be so "mentally prepared" for the experience, yet, when it actually happens, it still takes us by surprise. I have kicked myself many times for finding myself in a fear test and then I fail it. I know better, yet it still gets me from time to time. I think it's because it comes on spontaneously and ever so quickly too. You find yourself just becoming consciously aware and things are spiraling out of control all around you. The "flight response" seems to be automatic in some scenarios. I see it as our "default mode".

Bob_the_floater

Quote from: Lumaza on June 15, 2021, 17:29:13
I think it's because it comes on spontaneously and ever so quickly too.

Spot on IMO!

If only there had been some kind of lead in, a feeling that something was about to happen, anything! Then I might have had a chance to relax through it. But this was completely out of the blue.

EscapeVelocity

This latest experience seems to fit with another step forward in your progress, at least IMO. It reads very similar to the "exploding head syndrome". It does catch you unaware and somehow unprepared for its' intensity, I experienced it a couple times early on, I think Lumaza reported it early on, and I've noticed it in others' early reporting. Maybe it has to do with some chakra or energy reconfigurations that need to take place, but I think it is a clear signpost of your continued progress.

Trust it and continue on.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Bob_the_floater

210616 (trying to fall asleep)
Maybe I've been overdoing it lately, because when going to sleep I automatically went into "phase mode" tonight. Had a bunch of click out's(or rather managed to fall asleep) guessing combined amounting to around 1½ hour of sleep, at one point gave up annoyed I couldn't fall asleep so got up and drank some water, still tired so went back to bed.

And then it finally happened :-), went from awake to the NPR without any gaps, the body just kind of faded away and there I was, IN the darkness. Forward motion, went through a couple of white rotating triangle outlines, the background went to a deeper black, speed increased a lot and I flew along a trail of stars in a spiral path around them. At first it was a little to much going so fast, got that sinking feeling like on a roller coaster, gave into it and relaxed and the feeling went away. It lasted about 15 seconds then landed on a incline path up a hill on a meadow, walked up the hill to the top where there were a small flock of tiny sheep, the size of cats. Petted the cat-sheep for a while then noticed some mushrooms in the grass that looked a bit like liberty caps, was tempted to eat some but decided not to. Walked down the other side of the hill, and to my disappointment saw a ordinary brick building that looked out of place, walked around it and found myself in a city. Going down a street surrounded by young adults with backpacks on, someone calling my name but couldn't figure out where it was coming from, at some point noticed I also had a backpack on. Got to a big staircase leading into a a school of some sort I'm guessing, but didn't follow the others into the school because I wanted to go explore, only got a small distance away from the staircase before waking up.

I'm thinking it ended because I didn't follow the "script" and wanted to go do my own thing, oh well, maybe next time I'll be lucid enough to remember to go where the experience takes me.

Nameless

Your conclusion sounds just about spot on to me. Great job and love reading about your progress.
Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on June 16, 2021, 11:35:31
I'm thinking it ended because I didn't follow the "script" and wanted to go do my own thing, oh well, maybe next time I'll be lucid enough to remember to go where the experience takes me.
It could be that it ended so you could bring a conscious recall of your experience back with you. Had you had entered the School, you might have forgotten everything that occurred. I have had to abort adventures earlier then I wished as well due to that fact. This is part of the balancing act we always speak of here.

Bob_the_floater

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on June 15, 2021, 22:50:00
This latest experience seems to fit with another step forward in your progress, at least IMO. It reads very similar to the "exploding head syndrome". It does catch you unaware and somehow unprepared for its' intensity, I experienced it a couple times early on, I think Lumaza reported it early on, and I've noticed it in others' early reporting. Maybe it has to do with some chakra or energy reconfigurations that need to take place, but I think it is a clear signpost of your continued progress.

Trust it and continue on.

Good to know, I'm hoping it was a one time occurrence.

Quote from: Nameless on June 16, 2021, 14:11:15
Your conclusion sounds just about spot on to me. Great job and love reading about your progress.

Thanks Nameless :-)

Quote from: Lumaza on June 16, 2021, 15:16:04
It could be that it ended so you could bring a conscious recall of your experience back with you. Had you had entered the School, you might have forgotten everything that occurred. I have had to abort adventures earlier then I wished as well due to that fact. This is part of the balancing act we always speak of here.

Hmmm.. Could be, Hadn't thought of it that way.

Lumaza

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on June 16, 2021, 22:24:36
Good to know, I'm hoping it was a one time occurrence.
I myself welcome it. It's a sign that the shift is occurring. All I have to do is put up with a few moments of uncomfortableness, but the reward for that patience is well worth it.

I guess you have never had a experience where you awaken in full SP and find your legs being raised. Then you are completely upside down being spun through the ceiling in your room like some kind of spinning top. ...  or you stare into a candle, close your eyes and soon a vibration begins that is so wild, it's like being in the middle of Earthquake, with sounds so loud that you could swear a Helicopter was about to land on your roof. Yes, that's pretty extreme, but it can happen, I know that through first hand experience!   :-o

I have posted here years ago about both of those experiences. You can find my spinning through the ceiling post in the SP sticky here on this Forum.

Bob_the_floater

Quote from: Lumaza on June 16, 2021, 23:54:17
I myself welcome it. It's a sign that the shift is occurring. All I have to do is put up with a few moments of uncomfortableness, but the reward for that patience is well worth it.

I guess you have never had a experience where you awaken in full SP and find your legs being raised. Then you are completely upside down being spun through the ceiling in your room like some kind of spinning top. ... 

Nope, never had anything happen while in SP, sounds wild.

or you stare into a candle, close your eyes and soon a vibration begins that is so wild, it's like being in the middle of Earthquake, with sounds so loud that you could swear a Helicopter was about to land on your roof. Yes, that's pretty extreme, but it can happen, I know that through first hand experience!   :-o

Like being in the middle of a earthquake with extremely loud rumble roaring sound, that I have experienced and loved it. But it didn't come on out of nowhere full blast, it was a gradual build up over a few seconds.

But when it's like someone sneaks up behind you put a gun on each side of your head and fire, that's not for me. And I don't see how it would be possible not to react to something like that.

Bob_the_floater

Was trying to phase but it didn't happen, I got close a couple of times and the feeling of getting sucked in was there but
couldn't let go. instead it turned into a great meditation session that lasted a little over an hour. After ending it I had this euphoric feeling. Been a bit frustrated lately with not being able to project and with the way the world is going, that's all melted away now and I'm left with a feeling of everything is going to be ok, and a renewed faith in being able to learn to phase when the time is right. I've experienced something similar a few times before, but this was on a whole different level :-)

Nameless

Remember, You came here to this physical earth to experience it in its physical form. NPR will always be there.

Lumaza

I second Nameless in that. Awesome Bob!  :-)

We rarely get the experiences we "expect". But when we set the stage and pump is primed, we will get some kind of experience and that in itself is positive and definitely "progress"!  :-)

Bob_the_floater

:-)

NL
Funny you should mention the flow. Been working on getting into the flow state/zone a little each day the last couple of
weeks. Dusted off my old guitar and been playing stuff I know by heart, where I can just sit down close my eyes and play
without thinking of anything, and when doing regular stuff around the house by only keeping focus on what I'm doing.

LU
Ain't that the truth! These days I'm happy with any kind of experience and view anything slightly new as progress. But I
gotta admit this one step forward two steps back is starting to get on my nerves.

Bob_the_floater

211022 (Lying down listening to the latest video from DTTV Documentaries)
Dreaming. On the couch listening to the above, a little kid coming into the house running around screaming, grabbed him and walked him out of the house, then being attacked by 3 guys.

Kept having false awakenings and strong vibrations accompanied by very loud painful high pitch noise while going in and out of sleep paralysis. Hitting myself in the forehead with my palm to stay "awake" and not go back into sleep paralysis, was sure I was awake looked at my hands and touching stuff and it all seemed real. Tried flying and it worked, thought I was flying in real life, lol.

After flying around for a while I realize I'm dreaming and not in my own house anymore. It looked like something out of lord of the rings, with little dwarfs here and there. Getting attacked by a guy in a black leather duster, flew away from him
through the house and hid thinking I could surprise attack him from behind, coming around a corner somewhere up high (the attic perhaps) and there he was standing right in front of me. He came at me with a sword, picked up a sword from a nearby knight in armor statue and killed the guy, and just for good measure took a shiny war hammer (martel de fer) from the inside of his open coat and plunged the spiky end into his heart.

Did some more flying and noticed that if I pointed my palms forward I could increase speed.

Standing in a big open room a 10 feet monster appeared across the room out of nowhere, he sent a knife at me via psychokinesis or magic, held up my hand and stopped it mid air, a little battle of wills/mind power and I managed to send it back into him. But it didn't have any effect on the big dude, materialized another knife and hit him again, still no effect. He then attacked me with ice balls/rays, so logically I thought 'hey fire beats ice' so proceeded to fly around him spraying him with fire out of my mouth, like some kind of dragon :-D. He fell to the ground but was still alive, held his mouth open and breathed cold into him and that finally did him in.

Materialized a knife again just for the heck of it (playing around with my newfound power), sent it up into the ceiling
without looking and down fell this dwarf looking guy, looked up and the ceiling was full of people lying on cross beams
looking down, a couple of guys came and moved the dwarf away.

Met a cute girl, we started kissing but at some point she stopped and told me she had a fiancé, she then got swarmed by a bunch of girls. One of them pulled me aside into another room where there was a naked baby and a monkey lying in wood drawers, they both had both male and female genitalia. She then took the you know what and made them reproduce with themselves, I was shocked by what I was seeing, she put the drawers into a cabinet and they instantly started growing, that was to weird for me so I got out of there.

Found myself in a bar (still in the same building) and noticed this amazing looking fairy like bartender with a white glow
around her, she flew up to a floating table and started to clear it, I flew after her and asked her how she was able to fly
when none of the other people here could, of cause I can fly I'm a bartender she responded and flew back down. I stayed up there and thought about ordering a drink and immediately another bartender showed up asking what I would like, asked for a cocktail with whiskey and tequila but she had no idea what that was, so asked if I could sample some of the liquor they had. Sitting at a table back down at the ground waiting for the samples, this guy that felt like a brother that had been with me for most of the time just kept talking and talking, like he was a broken robot, gave him a little slap to make him snap out of it but he just kept talking. Next thing I know he's lying on the floor in some kind of box, I closed one part over his head and another part over the rest of his body, a couple of dwarfs pushed the box aside and it turned into the lower part of a table, while this is going on some guy next to me is doing running commentary like his recording the events, I remember him saying 'and then he had to put him away until a time when ... and he can be brought back again'. I felt so bad for having to lock him up that I started crying uncontrollably while my teeth was chattering like crazy, and then I woke up.

Not quite sure what to make of this one :?

Bob_the_floater

Lying down listening to a podcast and practicing letting go, and let my mind do it's thing without trying to focus on anything in particular other then being aware. Resulted in a short LD, after click out.

Outdoor on a sunny day beside the ocean, 10 or so one-piece wooden picnic table benches scattered around with people sitting at everyone of them, and a small kiosk nearby. Walked over to a table sat down and played around with putting my hand through the table, just to make sure I was in the NP and to see if anyone would notice it, but no one did. Said to the guy sitting next to me 'you know this is my dream right ?', he didn't believe me so I asked him if I would be able to put my hand through the table if it wasn't and demonstrated it to him. No big reaction from any of the people looking so showed them I could fly as well but still nothing, I guess they were just npc's. Slowly woke up while going over to the kiosk to get a refreshment and thinking about what to do next.

Bob_the_floater

Been getting some new hypnopompic imagery in the last week or so.

Whole FOV filled with static, like on a old CRT TV with no signal, but with bigger pixels. Looked very digital and for some reason it made me feel uncomfortable.

A white light starting in upper left, getting brighter and brighter and bigger and bigger. It was as if the dynamic range had somehow gotten greatly expanded, the intensity of the light just kept increasing. It became to much so opened my eyes, took a few seconds for my vision to return to normal.

Whole FOV flashing between black and white (strobe light effect).

Solid light purple color on left side.

Vibrating head, felt like it was expanding and contracting at around 7Hz, felt a little nauseous.

PerspectiveShift

Quote from: Bob_the_floater on November 09, 2021, 19:32:23
Been getting some new hypnopompic imagery in the last week or so.

Whole FOV filled with static, like on a old CRT TV with no signal, but with bigger pixels. Looked very digital and for some reason it made me feel uncomfortable.

A white light starting in upper left, getting brighter and brighter and bigger and bigger. It was as if the dynamic range had somehow gotten greatly expanded, the intensity of the light just kept increasing. It became to much so opened my eyes, took a few seconds for my vision to return to normal.

Whole FOV flashing between black and white (strobe light effect).

Solid light purple color on left side.

Vibrating head, felt like it was expanding and contracting at around 7Hz, felt a little nauseous.

Very interesting experience. A few years ago I popped my shoulder out of socket and went to the hospital to get it popped back in. Long story short, they put me on a morphine drip and then added ketamine to the mix. That knocked me out, but I was conscious the whole time just not conscious "of my body". It started with the TV fuzz that got really pixelled. I could see, hear, and feel the texture of the static. It got really chunky too. And then after this I felt as if I was in the center of my chest. I felt like I was in my soul and that life was a tiny speck of dust compared to my eternal existence. This was probably one of the most interesting experiences I've had.

Thought Id share as this is the first time I've heard someone talking about experiencing "static". At one point it felt like the static was crunching my or consuming me or something, hard to explain.

Also coming off the high, I didn't feel any social pressure or all the subtle pressures and pains of this existence right away. It gradually all came back. Like the feeling of gravity pressing on you and the uncomfort and awkwardness of being in a body with all these uncomfortable sensations and pains. And then feeling the social pressures of judgement on how people perceive you and social expectations etc... it was a very profound experience.

Your post reminded me of this experience! Really cool.
Be the change you want to see in the world.