Question about exitting

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

I don't know if I've asked this before, so if I have, don't ask me why I'm asking again. Lol, but has anyone ever gotten to a stage where the feet are out, the hands and arms are out, and then the head starts feeling sensitive? Sometimes I start feeling like air is coming into my ears quite fast, and only a handful of times I've started feeling like I was falling because of it. My only concern is that, the falling feeling is good because that usually turns into an exit, but it's getting to that stage I'm confused about. The only times it's happened is when it was completely unexpected and feels like a complete shortcut I randomly had through pure luck.

Has anyone had the feeling with ears, and managed to consciously induce the feeling of falling and turned it into an exit? If so I'd appreciate some advice on it.

Actually whilst I'm here, what does having your legs out feel like? Because sometimes when my feet are apart and I'm keeping still, my feet start feeling like they're touching when they're not.

Xanth

Just "get up".

Give that a shot.  :)

Lookedynamixhales

dude i once had a "phantom tounge" i am not even joking my mouth was shut but it felt like my tounge was floating out side of it was completely obscure on so many levels...

You will know when your legs are out its the same sensation as it is for your other limbs, i feel almost like the limbs are raised about several inches from my original body :) i hope this helps.

Astralsuzy

Do what Xanth says to do.  Just get up.  It will work.  It is easy to do. 

Szaxx

When the wind blows and you feel floaty or similar, make the feeling stronger then use it to get away from your body.
It's like Xanth says.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Jdeadevil

I had a quick try earlier but I didn't even get my hands out, they felt numb yeah but nothing else. Maybe it's because I had two glasses of Wine earlier at the pub, maybe it's ironically difficult to do when tipsy. I'll WBTB and see how it goes.

Xanth

Some prefacing...

I've been reading Fred's (Major Tom) new book "Explorations in Consciousness", and he makes a wonderful point in it.

He concluded that all the times when we "roll out" or get stuck or have limbs hanging out of our bodies... we're ALREADY projecting at that point.  So, in essence you're a non-physical body, trying to pull another non-physical body out of itself.  So instead of adding another layer of complexity and confusion by "rolling out" or getting your second body unstuck... the action you should be taking at this point is to simply GET UP... because you're already out.  There is no "second body" to separate from.

And when I consider my past experiences, one could easily interpret the experience in such a way.  Now, as Fred did (successfully), one must test the premise.  This is your chance to test this premise Jdeadevil.  :)

Jdeadevil

I will test that theory indeed! I'll try before going to sleep, and after I wake up after five hours sleep.

Fairywindblues

@Xanth

This reminds me of the time I THOUGHT I had sleep paralysis but I was in the astral and mistook being on the astral for a false awakening followed by becoming 'stuck'

I woke up from sleep (or so I thought). My entire room looked different. It had all of my stuff but it was mixed with stuff I didn't buy yet and it was decorated slightly different. It had the essence of my room with a 30% difference.

I told myself I had to get up but found myself in complete paralysis... in a room that wasn't entirely mine.

I struggled to become un-stuck and found myself getting up! I got up, went over to my chest, and thought "My room looks so different...." and alas, since my mind kept thinking I was actually awake in 3D and was bewildered over the changes in scenery, I didn't realize I was actually awake in the astral and I literally felt myself project back into my actual room and back into my body. Usually, I bypass this "whooshing" and being pulled away feeling and just get back to my body by thought. Felt like a vacuum gobbled me up.

But yes, this supports what Xanth said. Sometimes, you may feel like your astral body is stuck within a denser energy body and you won't even realize it because you'll keep confusing the energy body for your physical body (sometimes, it seems virtually impossible to tell them apart)

Jdeadevil

Ahh no luck guys. :(

My hands became upside down, but when I tried to "Get up" the only feedback I got was my physical body twitching and the feeling of sill being locked inside my body.

Astralzombie

Quote from: Jdeadevil on March 03, 2013, 13:23:16
Ahh no luck guys. :(

My hands became upside down, but when I tried to "Get up" the only feedback I got was my physical body twitching and the feeling of sill being locked inside my body.

What's weird is that the only time I am usually aware of my "astral" body in respect to my physical body is when I have a spontaneous OOBE. Even weirder is that I  have to sleep face down and I can sit straight up meaning that my astral body is oriented opposite of my physical.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Jdeadevil

Quote from: its_all_bad on March 03, 2013, 14:01:18
What's weird is that the only time I am usually aware of my "astral" body in respect to my physical body is when I have a spontaneous OOBE. Even weirder is that I  have to sleep face down and I can sit straight up meaning that my astral body is oriented opposite of my physical.

Yeah that's quite strange, I'd be curious to know what my hands would feel like if I laid face down with my hands facing the ceiling, but then I my astral hands out.. Would they continue to face the ceiling or would they start facing the bed? Who knows.. Although I think my hands aren't important, I can feel my limbs become fuzzy if there's something touching them (like a cushion or blanket) whilst lying still.. Maybe this is proof that the whole body is going fuzzy and not just my hands... But the thing is, my hands always twitch completely involuntarily if I wait and do nothing, and even "settle down" and go back into my physical hands.

Bedeekin

I would personally stop obsessing about that of which does not exist.

When you are in SP.. you are already OUT. You are just relying on a pre-existing physical metaphor of having an 'astral' body. Any time spent mulling over why your limbs are stuck here or there is tantamount to learning archery and being concerned about the colour of your bow.

But... it is glaringly evident that this process of getting ones nonphysical body 'stuck' in various parts of the physical body is part of the learning process. I am sure most people learning NPRE (ooh... check out my new Acronym) invariably go through a 'body stuck' stage.

Maybe it's a way of indicating that to first conquer fear we must conquer the illusion of physical self.

Jdeadevil

Well that's the thing, I can't go into SP willingly, it's always involuntary when it happens and I have no idea what I've done previously to get it. And when it happens (involuntarily) I usually don't even need to wait more than 3-5 seconds, but when it happens I can just get out of my body quite easily, it's also why I feel locked in my physical when I usually try.

Bedeekin

You know your own answer.

As soon as you start analysing a separation process... it becomes a reality. The head gets stuck because it seems logical that the head - that is perceived as being a receptacle for the mind - gets stuck. Some people envisage a faulty chakra and will become stuck there.

I personally don't actively use a 'separation' method that involves a 'physically separating' metaphor. When I did... I would also get stuck... no matter how experienced I was.

Jdeadevil

Is there such a thing as a faulty chakra?

Bedeekin

HAHA  :lol:

I'm not a proponent or user of 'chakras' so I wouldn't know. I may have invented the term 'faulty chakra'.

Jdeadevil

Lol was gonna say, pretty weird thought a chakra becoming faulty

Bedeekin

It's even more weird for me that you find that weird.  :lol:

It's like me saying to you "It's pretty weird you thinking a unicorn horn spiral is anti-clockwise"

Jdeadevil

Haha, yeah I get what you're saying.

Astralzombie

Quote from: Bedeekin on March 04, 2013, 19:20:37
It's even more weird for me that you find that weird.  :lol:

It's like me saying to you "It's pretty weird you thinking a unicorn horn spiral is anti-clockwise"
Wait a minute, I thought this was only true for Unicorns north of the Equator.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

ChopstickFox

The real question here is African or European?
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Szaxx

The average flight velocity of a red breasted sparrow lol.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Jdeadevil

Bedeekin I think you've destroyed everybody's mind with this spiral business. :D

Bedeekin

Quote from: Szaxx on March 05, 2013, 10:03:40
The average flight velocity of a red breasted sparrow lol.

:lol:  :wink:

Quote from: Jdeadevil on March 05, 2013, 10:06:11
Bedeekin I think you've destroyed everybody's mind with this spiral business. :D

It wasn't me... it was the unicorn.