I think I had a retrieval last night

Previous topic - Next topic

Astralzombie

I gained by awareness through a dream. I was watching some cars racing and thought it would be fun to actually be racing one. For a short while, the best I could manage to do was take control of one of the cars as if I was playing it in a video game. I'm not a big gamer so this wasn't very fun but I seemed locked in to this third person perspective.

This is usually the case when I gain my awareness through a dream and I always have to figure out a way to stop the dream. Maybe because I'm more in the dream state but it's never as easy as just making it happen through intent.

I had the idea to make the car tumble and as it did I tumbled with it and the dream was over when I stopped. The next thing I realized is that I was outside of a baseball field, late at night. I don't know why but I am certain that this was in the late seventies and in Detroit, Michigan. Actually the cars are what gives me the idea of the era as well as being in the Motor City.

Suddenly, a car starts in the parking lot next to the field and I am aware of a young couple arguing. The couple are drug addicts and are planning to rob somebody so they can score. The girl is the leader and wants to kill the person so that they don't get caught but the young man is unsure about the idea.

I haven't left the fence but I am just aware of their intent. A young man in his late teens comes walking up slowly and asks me what I am doing there. I said I was doing nothing and asked him why he thought it was weird for someone to be at a ball park.

He said this was not a ball park but was his home and his hell. As soon as I had asked him what he meant by that, the young girl from the car started to approach us.

The kid told me that I should leave unless I wanted to die as well. When the young girl reached us she made some flirtatious advancements towards the kid and he gave a big sigh and said "whatever, let's just get this over with." She never noticed that I was there.

They get into another car which I later learned was the kid's. The boyfriend of the girl crept up and fired two shots into the kid from the driver's side window. The girl cursed her boyfriend for getting blood on her. They rummaged through his car and left with only ten bucks.

I was never scared for my own life but it was shocking to see this happen. After the couple left, I walked up to the car slowly and I was fixated on the young man's body. When I reached it, the man disappeared and rematerialized next to me with no wounds. I asked him when did this first happen and he said "I don't know, maybe a minute ago."

I explained to him that he was no longer alive and that he didn't have to keep reliving his death. He said he had no choice because every time he tried to leave, the young girl would always come for him. I was confident that I knew what was happening and told him that this was not true that he could leave if he really wanted to.

As I was talking to him I could tell that he believed me and he wanted to know where he should go. I told him anywhere that he felt safe. He laughed and said that's why he came to the ball park. He had great memories from it as a kid. Then he faded away.

I felt great. I was sure that I had accomplished something and I walked back to the fence. Then I hear a damn car start and the same damn couple are arguing all over again. Right on cue, the young man walks up to me and this scene plays out a few more times.

I finally get the idea to become the kid and take his place in the car. That didn't work at all because I just phased out at the last second.

Disappointed in myself, I tried to phase back in. It took a few tries but I finally did. The kid finally admitted why he thought he couldn't leave.

This is quite pathetic and he was truly a victim at his core. He felt bad that they only got ten bucks from him when he had a gold ring under his front seat. Can you believe that? I was almost disgusted with this poor kid but that wasn't fair because I knew nothing of his life and why he would be this way.

I went to his car and grabbed the gold ring and waited. The kid left and the car started. I went up to the car and asked them if the ring belonged to them. They faked amazement and thanked me so much for finding the girl's ring. They left.

I watched them drive away wondering what had changed. I finally noticed that the kid had already walked past us and was inside the park. The lights came on and the field was as bright as day. I phased out as the kid walked up to home plate with a bat.

Sorry for the long explanation but I didn't know how else to say it.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Szaxx

After a ropey start you succeeded.
The idea of giving the ring away would have been the most obvious option to your way of thinking, after swapping places and no change.
You could have done so many things with this scene.
The lad felt safe here so he wasn't going anywhere. The challenge you met and the way it was solved with no violence is so typical.

Where in this did you realise your physical reality was elsewhere?
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Astralzombie

Quote from: Szaxx on March 04, 2013, 16:08:32
After a ropey start you succeeded.
The idea of giving the ring away would have been the most obvious option to your way of thinking, after swapping places and no change.
You could have done so many things with this scene.
The lad felt safe here so he wasn't going anywhere. The challenge you met and the way it was solved with no violence is so typical.

I did not know what else to do. I was upset with the kid for always being the victim. I wish I had more back story on the couple because I wonder now if that was really her ring to begin with. Kind of like she lost the ring in the car on another occasion and the kid was aware of it. If so, then he wasn't being a victim and just wanted that couple out of his little space and he knew they would leave for good. I know he is no where near any place that could be considered a heaven but at least he is not being killed over and over again.

QuoteWhere in this did you realize your physical reality was elsewhere?
When I first stopped tumbling with the car in the regular dream. Before the base ball park materialized, I was in the 3-D blackness momentarily and this usually means I'm in for a surprise.

Is he gonna leave the ball park now or is this all he ever wanted?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Szaxx

He was in his safe place or outside of it. The blockage was the recycling murder. You can't question the details as you have probably experienced, theres NO TIME to do it.
The facts are you knew the ring was there.
When did you know this?
It's his safe place.
He needed to go inside (into the light).
The blockage was repeating and probably had since the environmental date stamp perceived.
Your mindset was correct out of every retriever thats active and you did your stuff.
The best part is with no violence or fear. This will become apparent after a lot more.
You're doing one on ones at the moment.
You should have unanswered questions but the elation of success will overwhelm them.

Astralzombie

Thanks Szaxx. This is only the second experience that I would think could be a retrieval and they leave me with more questions then answers. Your analysis is always invaluable.

QuoteThe facts are you knew the ring was there.
When did you know this?

After I switched places with him and went into the car. But I panicked at the thought of being shot and phased completely back to physical. When I finally got back, he explained that they only got ten bucks from him when there was a gold ring under his seat. He said it as if the ring had no significance to him personally so I figured I could use it with the couple, hoping that they would not rob and shoot the kid since they now had something of value.

They greedily took it and I guess this allowed the kid to finally make it onto the field.

I'm just not certain that he was actually shot outside of the ball park or not. It seems as though he just couldn't get to his safe place since he brought his last memory with him.

QuoteHe needed to go inside (into the light).

HA. I never saw it as him going into the light but I guess that's what actually happened since the ball park lit up. That's so cliche that it's creepy.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

Congratulations IAB, it makes you feel good today inside, doesn't it?

For the past 3 days now I have been doing a different kind of Retrieval.

I find myself inside of people's (complete strangers) homes, that are haunted and I try to explain to those people what is happening and what they can do about their situation. I am telling them that the lost soul picked them for a reason and that they had to find out why. Most of the times it was some unresolved family matter, but a couple of them were that the soul just didn't want to leave.

Once we figure what it is, they are free to carry on in their next existence and they finally leave.

I guess I am doing this many times a night without being consciously aware.

Just last night, I found myself awaking in my Dreams three different times in the exact same "duty".

I don't ever watch any of those Ghost Hunting shows, don't really care for them. But this has actually been pretty fun.

Sometimes the lost soul is angry and many times it comes down to once again solving some kind of puzzle.

During one scenario a couple of nights ago, we had to search outside of the home for the answer and that opened up a fun quest of sorts. The deceased in this one had been a World traveller while alive, he went everywhere and for some reason we had to follow his path to solve their problem.

This one went on for what seemed like forever. I only have bits and pieces of memory recall from this one. It was so long I think I kept on Phasing on and off again during it. Only to become consciously aware to see it's still going.

Astralzombie

Lion-I felt great the first time when I thought I actually did something until I heard the car start back up. Now it's more of a feeling of just relief. But I know it's just a matter of building my confidence.

It wasn't that long ago that I was pestering my guide about doing a retrieval and he flat out said I wasn't ready. Well, after 12 years of having OOBE's, this annoyed my ego to say the least.

I asked him what was the problem since the entities have been stuck there forever anyways and there's no harm in it for me.

He explained that there was harm in it for them and told me this analogy. Imagine serving a life sentence and each time one of your appeals get's denied, you lose hope to the point that you don't even want to try and give up filing the appeals. He said a failed retrieval can make it that much harder the next time and there is a danger that they become despaired to the point of being unreachable.

QuoteI find myself inside of people's (complete strangers) homes, that are haunted and I try to explain to those people what is happening and what they can do about their situation. I am telling that that the lost soul picked them for a reason and that they had to find out why. Most of the times it was some unresolved family matter, but a couple of them were that the soul just didn't want to leave.

I'm like you and don't care much for the ghost hunter shows. But if they had one and approached it like a retrieval and actually made a difference, that would be a great watch.
Mark Twain

ChopstickFox

I really enjoyed reading through this. Filled to the rim with meaning. :)
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Szaxx

I crashed out earlier ha.
How are you at taking a life threatening action thatd loaded with risk to help?
Its a totally non physical and instantaneous mindset. Remember in some of these you are in the physical. Thats how they come over, there are a few differences but you know this. After a few things get worked out you aquire more control of the situation and it gets easier.
One thing I've noticed is your memory is 100%. Even during the quest, when you wake its still very clear.

ChopstickFox

I've had a few and I can agree that the recollection is something else... and how real they can be. Especially when having no idea that you are asleep. Even if the situation is nothing like the real world, you completely believe you've been there the whole time. Such an incredible experience of being fully immersed sometimes within a whole different life. And the connections you can have with the other characters present. It can linger long after waking. And if you feel like you failed how it can really be felt long after awakening. And the desire to go back and make things right.

Sorry, just brought a few fresh into my memory xD
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Szaxx

It's why I say, " failiure is not an option".
The larger the scale of oppression a fail is exactly as above.
You are given the task and you CAN do it, just be yourself. You've been selected as the number one and must strut your stuff.
I too think a fail does have negative consequences on the trapped party.
Despair is the first thing that comes to mind. An emotional state deep rooted is why these challenges exist. In the physical they are restricted, in the NPR they simply ARE.I've noticed the elation and actually think it might be a mental connection with the opressed party. It's so similar to mind reading mr nasty and being tied to his wmotional state but in the opposite way. Sometimes this feeling is new, it possesses a different mix of happy emotions far in excess of what I would personally have. Also these are more prominent with teenage girls being successfully rescued.
Yeah its a great feeling.

Lionheart

They really do challenge you to the maximum though and always have you "thinking on your feet".

But we do have infinite solutions at our disposal. You just have to be of the right mind to think clearly and use them.

Thinking outside the box is a needed skill as well.

I find them to be a great way to learn to adapt quickly to all situations.

They give you a kind of "State of the NPR" readiness!

Astralzombie

QuoteHow are you at taking a life threatening action thats loaded with risk to help?

Not so well at first. The extreme realness of the experience usually overwhelms me at the last sec. It takes a serious threatening feeling to snap me back. Just being scared is not usually enough to end an experience. I know the whole time that I am not in any actual danger of physical harm but I am extremely empathetic to the emotions of others.

If I see someone crying or upset, I immediately want to help them. It doesn't matter if it's my best friend or my worst enemy. I'm not some blubbering baby or a bleeding heart. I just can't stand to see anyone suffering. This is why I am grateful that I do not have any prophetic dreams about disasters and such.

I absolutely believe that these events really occurred. If for no other reason, I hate to imagine what it says about me if they didn't.

My recall in these experiences is greater because of the emotional attachment to the events. Just like in the physical, we have a harder time remembering the so-so stuff. I'm not saying that they are lost forever but I have not attached anything to the event to help me recall it.
Mark Twain

Szaxx

As things progress the knowing you'll be 'ok whatever happens', will not exist. You are in the mix and the only reality you are aware of is the one you are in.
The mindset is key, the knowledge given on the locale is usually known. The rest is yours to find.
  You'll develop a second personality that exceeds the one you have in the physical, the automated responses you have are the most altered.
A good ending, definately.
The falsehood in your early belief of success is typical. You'll get familiar with this too.
I hope your next is soon. You'll be bitten by the bug for more. They're all different, some have similar situations but the workings are so unrelated.

Bedeekin

Quote from: Szaxx on March 05, 2013, 15:13:28
You'll develop a second personality that exceeds the one you have in the physical

This is an extremely concise and true statement. Just thought I would highlight it.

Whether it develops or whether it is already there as a form of 'higher self' and you integrate with it I don't know.

It is one of the marked things that one notices as you evolve with it in your life.

Szaxx

It's something I've grown up with from earliest memories. There are times when you know what you'd do if otherworldly, this creates an emotional stirr within. However it's so easy to be aware of both and instincty apply the correct action. Fear has no chance of paralyzing you when able to use two mindsets simultaneously.
The worst fears are your own. I found this out recently...
There's a possible connection with that label 'enlightened'. I can understand its implications based on the second personality being a better person. This would take hundreds of hours of experiences to aquire. As a beginner it isnt in memory.
It existed when the clairvoyant dreams started.
Needs more feedback to be sure if its an associated awareness creation.

Bedeekin

Quote from: Szaxx on March 05, 2013, 15:50:51
It's something I've grown up with from earliest memories. There are times when you know what you'd do if otherworldly, this creates an emotional stirr within. However it's so easy to be aware of both and instincty apply the correct action. Fear has no chance of paralyzing you when able to use two mindsets simultaneously.
The worst fears are your own. I found this out recently...
There's a possible connection with that label 'enlightened'. I can understand its implications based on the second personality being a better person. This would take hundreds of hours of experiences to aquire. As a beginner it isnt in memory.
It existed when the clairvoyant dreams started.
Needs more feedback to be sure if its an associated awareness creation.

Nice. I concur completely. It's nice to read an opinion that is similar in this game. It's rare and makes one feel a little less alone or unable to relate.

ChopstickFox

Szaxx