Seeing deceased pets in the astral plane

Previous topic - Next topic

Doch

I just had an experience where I awoke in the astral plane and saw an old, deceased pet.

Our old white cat had a habit of jumping up onto my chest when I used to lay in bed. Now, the overwhelmingly majority of my OBE'S have been fairly dream like and hazy - even the conscious ones have seemed blurred and uncontrollable, but this time things were more clear and realistic than me sitting here typing at this moment. It only lasted about 15 - 20 seconds, but if that's how real the astral plane can be, I can see that I've only been grasping a tiny fraction of it's reality. And the transition back from the astral to physical happened seamlessly.

How bizarre it was to reach out and touch that old cat - one that I haven't thought about in years and years. :smile:

Novice

I believe RB once said that pets not only OBE but also exist in the astral upon death. I personally haven't experienced this particular meeting, but I can tell you that as far as perceiving things as 'real', the astral is very real to senses and perception. I have said before that there are some things I've experienced there that are more real than daily life. So I would completely agree with you on the reality factor!
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

mactombs

I've read a lot of AP experiences involving pets, living or deceased. It makes me think of ancient Egypt and their domestication and worship of cats ... from what I've read, though, dogs seem more likely to help the traveler along, or follow them around OBE.

It would be interesting to do studies with APing and animals. (Hmm ... maybe soon the_voice_of_silence will have a thread about it ... )
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

Jibreel

Quote from: mactombsI just had an experience where I awoke in the astral plane and saw an old, deceased pet.

Our old white cat had a habit of jumping up onto my chest when I used to lay in bed. Now, the overwhelmingly majority of my OBE'S have been fairly dream like and hazy - even the conscious ones have seemed blurred and uncontrollable, but this time things were more clear and realistic than me sitting here typing at this moment. It only lasted about 15 - 20 seconds, but if that's how real the astral plane can be, I can see that I've only been grasping a tiny fraction of it's reality. And the transition back from the astral to physical happened seamlessly.

How bizarre it was to reach out and touch that old cat - one that I haven't thought about in years and years.  

This is ridiculous. Youre just dreaming.

Novice

QuoteThis is ridiculous. Youre just dreaming.

This experience may be only a dream in your opinion, but that is only your opinion. All any of us can do is share our experiences with others in the hopes of better understanding that which we don't understand. I, personally, don't find his post or question ridiculous at all. I think it is a valid one that has been posed by many people before him.
Reality is what you perceive it to be.

MisterJingo

I'm curious if others who have seen old pets in the astral felt anything in their presence?
I've had a number of experience now of meeting an old family pet. On every one of these occasions I felt a very deep coldness. It was felt in my bones (legs  - which is where the dog was located to me), and couldn't be felt by the skin. These experience were in LD's (I'm reluctant to call them projections) and they took place in a scenario which looked like the house I lived in when I had this pet.
I think on one occasion the dog seemed to be a semi-transparent blue colour.

Beth

Jibreel:

The
warning given to you in the Religion Section Extends to ALL sections of the Astral Pulse.

If you cannot make a positive contribution, you will be
banned.

~Beth
Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria

Beth

I have had several experiences with animals in the astral.

Last year on April 1, we had to put my mother's little dog--named Lollie--to sleep. She was 12+ years old. Lollie and my mother were extremely close companions.

Six weeks later, on May 15, my mother passed away as well.

Two weeks after that, I was allowed to go and see my mother again, but the first familiar entity I encountered was Lollie! She jumped up on the back of my legs and when I turned around she practically jumped into my arms! She was very healthy and spry! Because they were so close, I was very excited to see that she was still alive and with my mother.

I also had a cocker spaniel quite a few years ago that I had to let live somewhere else due to housing conflicts. I really missed him a lot. I used to see him from time to time in the astral. This was especially the case when I was feeling sad or was sick. He would always bring me some much needed "dog-love" when I needed it the most. The last time I saw him, he too was especially "spry" and I knew that he had died to this world and was permanently in astral. He was very happy and it was a very good meeting. I determined from this that all the other times we had met, he was still alive here, and we were both having an OBE.

I have had one other experience that I can share. This one occurred last fall. My former roommate had a cat that oftentimes would follow me around wherever I went. She would always try to stay in front of me and walk at her own pace (as cats usually do!) and I was always getting after her to move out of the way!! One night I got up in the middle of the night to use the facilities and there she was trying to "lead the way." As I was taking care of business I looked down at her and she was acting a little "tranced" (for a lack of a better description.) I thought it odd, but I was very sleepy and knew that she would follow me back to bed if she wanted to. As usual, when I was walking back to the bedroom, there she was, trying to lead the way. When I got back to bed, however, SHE WAS ALREADY THERE, SOUND ASLEEP! There was no other explanation for this, except that she was having an OBE, and my own half-in-half-out consciousness was able to see her astral body!

I have no doubt that our pets (or animals in general) are definately entities that continue to exist past their time in this world.

~Beth
Become a Critical Thinker!
"Ignorance is the greatest of all sins."
                   --Origen of Alexandria

Doch

Quote from: MisterJingoI'm curious if others who have seen old pets in the astral felt anything in their presence?
I've had a number of experience now of meeting an old family pet. On every one of these occasions I felt a very deep coldness. It was felt in my bones (legs  - which is where the dog was located to me), and couldn't be felt by the skin. These experience were in LD's (I'm reluctant to call them projections) and they took place in a scenario which looked like the house I lived in when I had this pet.
I think on one occasion the dog seemed to be a semi-transparent blue colour.

I sensed straight away that it was the old cat. This particular cat used to do this quirky thing - it would jump up on my chest and swat me in the face with it's paw, then rub it's face into mine whilst doing this crazy purring thing. It only ever did this to me for some reason. When I was growing up it would do this every-time I left the bedroom door open, or when we couldn't be bothered locking her up in the garage. I actually flinched in anticipation of getting hit in the face again, but when I realized what was happening I became a bit startled, then I seemed to phase away from the cat rather than it phasing away from me.

Maybe the astral version of snowflake ( the cat) interacts with me on an on-going basis within the astral, but I'm just not remembering it. Definitely one of the strangest things that's ever happened to me, metaphysically speaking.

Doch

Thanks for sharing your stories, Beth.  They are really interesting :grin:

andonitxo

I just can only relate that my cat, a female korat named Cybele, an Earth Goddess (Kybélê), mother of Cronus (in her Rhea personification), is able to see auras. In fact, every time she sees someone weird or emanating a rarefied energy she uses to jump to his head in some kind of attack.

So, if she can see auras, for sure she'll be able to do other kind of psychic capabilities.

My dog, deceased time ago, howled a lot while he was dreaming... maybe he was lucid dreaming.

Thanks Beth for your post, by the way.

Eloquence

Aw, I really wanna be able to ap now! My dog whom I was very attached to was hit by a van and died late last year. The finer details of what happened make it even more painful (the van was a mercedes and the guy wanted us to pay the damages to his car after he left my dog out on the road for God knows how long to die). But it is comforting to know that somewhere on the astral plane he might be there. Its just a matter of getting there now  :smile:
When there's no more room in the oven, the bread will walk the earth.

fliesatnite

Pets are great aren't they?

Ever loving and unconditional creatures of our hearts.

Eloquence

They sure are. Its amazing how much they miss us in the short times we're gone. Like if you nip up the street to run an errand, and come back. They are always over the moon to see you again.

angelout

Often, when i am drifting into sleep but not asleep yet, I will pick up things, like conversations, images and yes I hear a dog barking sometimes. A beloved pets ashes are in my room, the day i had him put down (he suffered an ailment) he came to me that night and just said "thank you'.
angelout-its all up here

SS_Patrick

My grandparents had a dog who died when I was about 3. About 20 years later I had a strange dream about him. He licked my face and when I woke up I still felt the physical sensations on my face. I have never had dream like that before or after that.

Since I'm allergic, I have had zero contact with dogs after our grandparents dog died. I have some pictures where I was with him and I have some very dim memories about that. I hadn't thought him at all that night or anything else dog related. Thus it was quite odd experience. I'm not sure, if it was just a dream or something astral related, but anyway that was quite interesting.

I had spontaneous OBE few days after that, but I didn't see any living things during that.

fliesatnite

I had a funny spontaneous OBE where my cat and I had a conversation.

The situation is this: I have a cat her name is Miss Kitty, she's about as prim and proper as they come, very dainty little feet.  My daughter talked me into getting a Maine Coon (my favorite breed) as a kitten he was all boy, he'd attack Miss Kitty and she hated him, still hates him for that matter.

One afternoon I fell asleep and Miss Kitty was laying next to me, I become lucid and then I exit... I go downstairs to check on my kids and I see Miss Kitty in the hallway.  She starts rubbing around my ankles and begins to talk to me in the softest southern drawl, just like a debutante!  She starts telling me (read this in a soft southern drawl)  how much she doesn't care for the new cat, he's just such a brute.  

I was so shocked that she spoke to me and then I told her... also in a southern drawl.... why Miss Kitty, you are a southern belle!  And she said, why of course I am!

I woke up with a start and Miss Kitty was still next to me and she was staring at me with the strangest look on her face!

Eloquence

Quote from: fliesatnite... I woke up with a start and Miss Kitty was still next to me and she was staring at me with the strangest look on her face!

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!! lol