Seeing without your eyes open

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceriel N

I think it's damn annoying. I shut my alarm clock off 3 or 4 times before I finally wake up and do it physically. Other times I make a couple of trips to the bathroom before I wake up and do it. Once I had eaten breakfast before I woke up... =/

Anyway, as far as visualization goes, practice makes perfect. Meditation and concentration might be good to practice too.
Oh yes, the looong and tedious way. I'm aware of no shortcuts.
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

JustLikeThePill

what do you mean? like you want to see with your third eye while your eyes are closed? something i like to do for fun is to walk around and perceive with my mind me auctually walking in first person perspective. Its fun to walk around your house or an empty hallway at school , creating it all in your mind from memory. of course i wouldn't try this unless your familiar with the place and there aren't any people around (because if a person was walking around i would never know and bump into them) dunno if that is helpful to your third eye in anyway...

speaking of clocks.. i look at the clock at it 11:11 pm often. whats up with that? tomorrow is 11/11/03 so maybe something will happen tomorrow at 11:11 pm?

anyway. i hope that helps. when i try to Ap i like to perceive things with my mind around my room, like i am looking at myself. for me, its hard to grasp that one image for a long time and make it seem "realistic"

Nay

quote:
Originally posted by kozzi

I've seen my alarm clock and my room before, when I had just laid down to sleep or just woken up, and my eyes were closed.  I'm just wondering.  Does anyone know of any visualization techniques that might help in being able to see objects clearly in your mind?

Kozzi

Sounds like you are seeing thru your astral eyes.  Next time, get up!!

quote:
I think it's damn annoying. I shut my alarm clock off 3 or 4 times before I finally wake up and do it physically. Other times I make a couple of trips to the bathroom before I wake up and do it. Once I had eaten breakfast before I woke up... =/

NO, don't look at that way, Ceriel!  The first time I really ever projected I hit the snooze button and "thought" I had gotten up to get ready, and once I looked in the mirror, I knew something was up, I looked to the right at my bed...And behold there I laid!!

I say whoo-hoo to you! [:D]

Nay [;)]

Boris

You hit the snooze button?  Did you actually manipulate the switch while in that condition, or did you have no effect on it?
What about the bathroom light?

Ceriel N

...If those are OBEs then I'm an experienced projector. [:P]
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

Nay

quote:
Originally posted by Boris

You hit the snooze button?  Did you actually manipulate the switch while in that condition, or did you have no effect on it?
What about the bathroom light?

LOL..no, I woke up, hit the snooze...drifted back to sleep, but my mind was still awake and thinking about what I needed to get done that day, and getting ready happened to be one of them, so I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready looked in the mirror..ect..ect..

Does that clear it up for you?

Nay [;)]

jc84corvette

Hey Nay I saw your new avatar...its cool![:)]

TheSeeker

I get up and go to the bathroom before I wake up quite often.  Is this an OBE that we're just not concious of?

kozzi

wow, I had forgotten about this thread...  sorry.  Yeah, I do practice visualization and I would in no way shy away from the long and tedious way.  This concept I've held for quite awhile has really helped me:  Try to always picture depth in the black void behind your eyelids, and then just let things come to you.

Swaroop

quote:
Originally posted by TheSeeker

I get up and go to the bathroom before I wake up quite often.  Is this an OBE that we're just not concious of?

yes I think it is an OBE,
Many times, I getup, go and brush my teeth, and to change clothes, I return to my bedroom, I feel blacking out,,,unluckily, I havent had the opportunity to see my own sleeping physical body...may, be soon I will

kozzi

I've seen my alarm clock and my room before, when I had just laid down to sleep or just woken up, and my eyes were closed.  I'm just wondering.  Does anyone know of any visualization techniques that might help in being able to see objects clearly in your mind?

Kozzi