Why astral project?

Previous topic - Next topic

recoverer

Hello:

I'm a new poster.

About 25 years ago I astral projected without even knowing that such a thing exists.

The next day without intending too, just by chance (?), I pulled a book off of a library shelf and it just happened to be about astral projection. One of the things it talked about is how a person vibrates before they astrally project. This is exactly what I experienced before I projected.

I pursued the matter a little bit, but in the end decided not to pursue it further.

Recently I've been examining my personal psychology.  About a few days after starting to do so, just before I would fall asleep, I stated to hear this sound. It's hard to describe. Sort of as if pressure is being released from an enclosed space.

After hearing this a number of times, I remembered astral projection.  The sound stirred my vague memory of what astral projection sounds like. A few days later I experienced the vibrations, told myself to go ahead and project, but didn't.

Then I decided that the next time I started to vibrate, I would go outside and look at three numbers on a car's license plate, and then physically go outside to verify if I actually saw them.

Didn't mean to get your hopes up, but when I actually did project, I tried to do the above, but couldn't find my way out of the house. Perhaps going to a specific location is difficult.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in becoming a frequent traveler, but last night for a few hours, every time I would start to fall asleep,  I would hear the noise I talked about and be overcome with energy that feels subtle (astral?) in nature.

IS THERE A POINT IN PROJECTING ASTRALLY? WHAT PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE? It seems as if I have enough to deal with in my physical life.

DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT ASTRAL PROJECTION IS ALL ABOUT? You can't observe and measure it in the same way you observe and measure the physical World.

PEOPLE CAN COME UP WITH ALL KINDS OF THEORIES REGARDING IT.  DOES ANY OF THE KNOWLEDGE ON IT SEEM VALID?

I ask these questions because I don't know what to do about the experiences I've been having. The self examination process I've been going through includes bringing up repressed emotions etc. I guess a connection to the subtle/astral realm (whatever it is) is something I've repressed.

I'VE ALSO HEARD THIS SOUND AS IF ENERGY IS BEING RELEASED FROM MY NOSE AS I BREATH OUT. HAS ANYBODY EXPERIENCED THIS?

Tom

So far as I know, people learn astral projection because they feel driven to do it. That is why there are so many people here who are frustrated by how long it takes to learn to do it. The only way to learn why to do it from personal experience and without relying on theory is to keep doing it.

Risu no Kairu

I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

Aros

To me, AP is about going beyond the limitations of mainstream scientific understanding and conventional wisdom. The heck with The Box. I like to think, play, dance and create far, far outside of The Box.

I'm an explorer by nature. I love the idea of looking behind the curtain to see who or what is at the controls. Everyday life gets boring to me. I love my life, my family and friends, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day, I want to go beyond mundane, everyday consciousness.

AP gives me the opportunity to do just that.

When my father and sister died within 6 months of each other, I wanted answers. Do they still exist in some form? Is death really death of Self? If there is an afterlife, what is it like? What is psychic ability? Where does it come from? These and many, many more questions have put me on a spiritual path of awakening I would have never ever imagined for myself.

Since then, I have experienced UFOs, ET encounters, precognitive dreams, psychic ability, conscious OBEs and AP's and much more.

I LOVE KNOWING that we are much more than flesh and blood, but in fact spirits all part of a much bigger and much more profound picture.
Aros

daidaluz

Learning Astral Projection is GREAT to become aware of subtle dimensions as well as developing own senses to explore reality in a more "complete"way.

While learning AP is good practice to "rely" (using Tom words) on theory and take different perspectives in order to include as many view points as possible.    

As I see it , this gives you good skills to manage own reality in a better way.  8)

rowofmushytit

QuoteDOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT ASTRAL PROJECTION IS ALL ABOUT?

No.  But what are you without the physical? I guess just an emotional landscape. Like a connection of love i like to think as being non-physical, but an astral connection on a non-physical plane - how else would you take it with you when you die. Dylan Thomas says it best:

QuoteAnd death shall have no dominion.
Dead men naked they shall be one
With the man in the wind and the west moon;
When their bones are picked clean and the clean bones gone,
They shall have stars at elbow and foot;
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.

Exploring the astral planes is the ultimate way to get to know yourself, without ego and physical distractions. Enlightenment.
:idea:
you'll never entirely understand yourself, since your mind, like any other closed system, can only be sure of what it knows about itself by relying on what it knows about itself[/color]

jason

Here's why I'm driven to explore OBE/AP:

-A love of knowledge,including types of knowledge that you just can't find in society at large.
-Personal power.
-The pursuit of ultimate freedom,and evolution of conciousness.
The musical conciousness is mind beneath the sun.

RTCovenant

Astral Projecting causes side-effects that make you more spiritual. Just my beleive anyways.

And also, I'm a adventurer.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

manuel

Why drive a car? to get to places faster.

Psan

Its like learning to swim.
Someday when your boat sinks, (and it will....) you wont sink with it and find your way out easily.

Quote from: manuelWhy drive a car? to get to places faster.

Interesting way to put it.  :lol:

I love it because it gives you a sense of freedom, that I have never felt before.  :D

recoverer

A short history of me:

1. I experienced astral projection without even knowing about it. This played a part in my becoming spiritually curious even though I was an atheist at the time.
2. I tried to become spiritually enlightened for years. I put a lot of effort into it. I ignored and pushed to the back of my mind things such as astral projection and kundalini yoga, because I was on the path of knowledge, jnana yoga, that sort of thing.
3. I didn't become enlightened, and eventually doubted that such a thing even exists. I also doubted that there is a such thing such as life after death.
4. Due to chronic back pain and other physical ailments, I got involved with the medical theory of Dr. John Sarno. He emphasizes the mind body connection. He states that a lot of physical ailments start at the psychological level.
5. My physical condition has improved since taking this approach.  One of the things you do during this approach is look at things you have been suppressing.  In the process the astral/kundalini aspects of my life have come back into my consciousness.
6. Right now I need to 1) find out if there is life after death; and 2) find out if consciousness emanates from the physical body, or comes from a spiritual realm beyond the physical body. I guess I have no choice but to figure it out, because it's almost as if it's coming after me.

osprey1_5

Why astral project?

Because.....:wink:
As I lay down and rested, I marveled at the stars in the night sky, but then I thought, where the hell has the bloody ceiling gone!

beavis

Quote1. I experienced astral projection without even knowing about it. This played a part in my becoming spiritually curious even though I was an atheist at the time.

There is no conflict between astral projection and atheism. I am atheist on some gods (those that want to control or burn me) and agnostic on others (some eastern religions). That has not hindered my psi. You dont have to think a god exists to think you're more than your body.

sunneysoul71

Hello recoverer,

to answer your question there is only one way to go: Do it! Really do it!

Give up all the notions, all the doubts and give yourself to the experience. Don't let your prejudices limit your awareness, because that is precisely what prejudices do. Not only in the astral.

Give in to the adventure and the answer to your question will be:

"Why the heck not?"

All the best!

Michael
The most dependable information on the six o'clock news is the weather report.

undeadrat

For me, astral travel is about many things. I agree with the people who said they AP out of curiosity and to know what else is happening in other dimensions. I also project to find Wisdom and spirit guides, to learn more about myself, to just simply play, and to help in spiritual healing. One of the ideas I've really liked is the idea of the Shaman standing between this world and the Otherworld and journeying to heal others.  One time I astral projected and I scooped this black junk from my abdomen; around the lower left-hand side. I'm not sure what is there besides intestines, but I'm quite certain I scooped out something that could have been quite bad. So, I think the thing that drives me most is the healing aspects and the desire to get closer to Spirit. I only wish I could do it more.

-Pat-