Short exit inside a dream

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammie

So, I haven't had any projections for quite a few months, but I have been trying to focus more on it to get back on track(if that would help). I wrote about waking up and paying more attention in my "headspace" recently and it paid of a little.

I was today in a dream similar to this reality but my bed was on the other side of the room and I was  sleeping 180 degrees  towards the other direction. I found myself in my headspace and felt there might be a chance to exit. With some willpower I rolled onto the floor. I couldn't see. I felt my way to the leg of my bed and grabbed it, felt as expected. I then thought about going somewhere as I didn't see anything but gray thick fog possibly(I should just have believed in my sight instead). I then proceeded to my staircase as my thoughts didn't take me anywhere directly, but they weren't very clear either on where I wanted to go. I then was woken up before I made it further down into the house.

Ziggy

EscapeVelocity

I have read of these types of experiences and had a few of my own that were similar.

These experiences may simply be as straight-forward as they initially appear to be: a form of re-orientation to the OBE state. The reason that they are so short-lived, as when this one ended once you moved to your staircase, is that it may have simply served its purpose. It was a test and you passed it. In my own experience, at first I thought it was my inability to retain awareness as I moved from room to room. Eventually, I realized something else was happening.

It's a kind of re-orientation test, a quick one, to see if you recognize where you are; and if you are successful, as you were, then it is ended. This often leaves us wanting more and thinking that we must have missed something, but the truth is that we succeeded in recognizing everything the test was offering us and so it was ended.

In this test, you were challenged to recognize your bedroom and not be deceived or confused by the 180 reversal of your bed or other furniture. You grabbed ahold of the bed which is a good consciousness stabilizing technique and thus prolonged the experience. The fog represents your limited awareness and may be a condition imposed to keep your attention localized to the scene at hand. Hard to say. Fog shows up for me at different times and in different contexts. It may serve multiple purposes. It may reflect our present awareness or it may be a condition imposed from outside ourself.

I would say that this experience is a successful confirmation of the work and Intention you have been pursuing. Nicely done.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

baro-san

Quote from: Sammie on August 06, 2018, 13:04:12
So, I haven't had any projections for quite a few months, but I have been trying to focus more on it to get back on track(if that would help). I wrote about waking up and paying more attention in my "headspace" recently and it paid of a little.

I was today in a dream similar to this reality but my bed was on the other side of the room and I was  sleeping 180 degrees  towards the other direction. I found myself in my headspace and felt there might be a chance to exit. With some willpower I rolled onto the floor. I couldn't see. I felt my way to the leg of my bed and grabbed it, felt as expected. I then thought about going somewhere as I didn't see anything but gray thick fog possibly(I should just have believed in my sight instead). I then proceeded to my staircase as my thoughts didn't take me anywhere directly, but they weren't very clear either on where I wanted to go. I then was woken up before I made it further down into the house.

William Buhlman recommends that in such situations to command / ask / wish / expect: "clarity now!", and "awareness now!"
---
"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, but to weigh and consider."
- Sir Francis Bacon

Lumaza

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on August 12, 2018, 06:10:28
It's a kind of re-orientation test, a quick one, to see if you recognize where you are; and if you are successful, as you were, then it is ended.

Tests, quests and challenges! Not only do we face them here in the physical, but they are also the chosen form of training and teaching in the NP as well.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/tests_quests_and_challenges-t46546.0.html
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Sammie

Yeah I know about the "Clarity now" I don't need to say it I just need to believe it 100% and I see, but I didn't.

EscapeVelocity I like your insight on this experience! I will take alook at the topic Lumaza sent later.