Encountered bizarre animals !

Previous topic - Next topic

Joerii

During what i think was my first successful journey into the astral plane, i thought I'd pay a visit to the Deer Park close to my house. But instead of deer, there where HUGE elephants with only one eye. Each elephant had 1 eye, i mean.

So my question is this : Is it possible that in the buffer between the physical realm and the astral, deer appear as one-eyed elephants instead of their normal form? Could it be that because of the vicinity to a mental hospital, the majority of the people around here see them as bizarre animals, so that in the astral they resemble that ?

Or is that just crap and was it only a lucid dream ?

hmmmm... any thoughts ?

EDIT : I just read the lenghty sticky topic with some very interesting stuff about beliefs, posted by Frank. VERY enlightening ! Boy do i feel ignorant. I'll leave my post as it was though, i hope you guys aren't annoyed by how much of a newby i am ! :oops:

Little Star Orion

Hi,

You mentioned the astral encounter and wondered whether it was an astral travel or a lucid dream, but a lucid dream is also somehow an astral travel. You can travel in the astral by inducing an out of body experience , but also when you become aware in your dream you travel in the astral.

But actually there are different theories. Some say that a lucid dream is nothing but a lucid dream, others tell that a lucid dreams is certainly astral traveling. I do believe the last, because I feel right about it. I cannot imagine that a lucid dream is nothing but a dream. I guess you have to find out for yourself how you see a lucid dream and an astral travel.

I cannot help a you with the elephant problem, a lot of things one finds there are in some symbolic way and are very personal. Maybe this helps a little. But you can meet a lot of normal and very strange beings out in the astral. So those elephant are not really strange.

What you see in the astral is only influenced by your own thoughts, feelings and opinions, not those of others. (So the thoughts of mental patient would not influence what you would see in the astral).

And, no, I don't think it is crap, nothing in the astral or in our dreams is crap. I believe it all means something.

regards,
Little Star Orion
why sleeping
when you can wake up

Tayesin

Hi,
While I have no insights on your experience, as it was an intensely personal one for you, I can add a little light on the symbolism.

I was re-reading your post when I 'saw' the elephant with one eye.  First thing to come from it was about the One Eye.   Traditionally, the appearance of a single eye indicates the 'all-seeing eye'/eye of Horus/etc.  This can mean something like... you are awakening to your Self, you are supported in your growth, being watched over by Higher-ups, etc.

Secondly, elephants are traditionally represented as having excellent memories.

If we put the two together, we then get something along the lines of ..... "Remember.  You are a powerful Being with huge support.  It is time to awaken and take your place."  

Don't quote me on that...  LOL

:shock:

Banjoshee

I like that, Tayesin.

Joerii, sometimes if you sit in a meditative state and go to the essence of the elephants you saw, then either ask them, or search the area/essence for more answers, you'll discover info embedded there for you.