Should I immerse myself into the void?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jude101

It seems that for the last two years when trying to meditate or Astral Project, I go into a full blown ayahuasca type experience. It begins with geometric type shapes with all types of colors, that form endless spirals. I completely lose sense of time and space and become part of a void type dimension. During some of my attempts at AP, I become so fuse within this type of reality. That when I become fully awake I have to wait about a minute for the sensation and visuals to go away. I have not met anyone yet that has experience this, so I'm not sure if this is a normal thing to feel. Should I fully immerse myself into one of these experiences, for fear of letting go has held me back. 

This is a close illustration of one of those experiences. 

"We should consider ourselves as spirits having a human experience rather than humans having an occasional spiritual experience."

soarin12

I've had similar.  Lots of colors, geometric shapes, symbols, math problems, beautiful eyes ... 

What I haven't had is the visuals lasting several minutes after I woke up, but that phenomenon is typical and nothing to be afraid of.  I have had the same thing with sounds from my trance coming right into the physical -so basically at that point you could all them auditory hallucinations.  They last about a minute or two and then are gone. 

I know the experiences can seem overwhelming.  All you can do is try to relax into it and not be afraid.  As always, the only thing to fear is fear itself.

There is a way to turn down the visuals or sounds through intent if they are just too overwhelming.  I had to do that at one point because for awhile, the intensity was too high and I just couldn't seem to make it all the way through the trance and into the NP.  So if needed, that's always an option.  I'd just roll with it if you can, though... seems like pretty cool stuff!  :-)

Bluefirephoenix

If you go in deeper through there it gets more interesting. Focus is everything in doing this.

Szaxx

If you let go you'll find you do have some control of the visuals.
It takes quite a few of these experiences to learn how to manipulate them.  :wink:
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

soki

For me it never is that much! I see flashes, circles of light, smoke of light or fume would be better. It can be many things but never as much as in your image. Really nice I'd like to see those! Keep on experimenting and have fun playing with the shapes!