Signs of an astral traveller? How to meet other APers without scaring others?

Previous topic - Next topic

Wapiti

Hey guys,

One of the hardest things I have experienced with astral travel is never meeting anyone else in the physical world who is also an astral traveller? Those who I have brought up the topic with often scoff, laugh or straight up stop listening. I now regret ever trying to talk to others about it in fear of more rejection and feeling alone?

Do you guys know any other APers in your physical life? If so how did you find them?
Are there signs an APer exhibits that might give hints?

I have a hunch my mother is an APer but I have no interest in bringing it up, again in fear of receiving a no and thinking her son is crazy.

All I can ask for are people to talk to about this to know that you are not alone.
This forum does wonders but I only wish I could talk face to face about these things.

Astralzombie

The best you can do is just to put it out there what your beliefs are when the subject naturally arises. Don't force it on anyone or condemn another one's beliefs. It's usually best to only answer a few questions and avoid a debate with a group of people. That's because one or two individuals may really be interested in what you have to say but they will take the popular view which is always safest and let the majority decide for them. If you wait, they will come to you on their own.

Always be honest and avoid telling exaggerated stories. The truth is already fantastic enough.

I have come a long way in dealing with many of my fears but acceptance is one of my biggest. So long as I do not give in and lie about what I believe just to feel accepted, I'm okay with that for now. The goal is to eventually not be concerned with it, though I will always care. If you know what I mean.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Fairywindblues

I'm going to give a fluffy response here, but a response nonetheless.

Everyone in real life astral projects - consciously, in dreams, via thought.

I think we all tend to not run into each other because in the astral, because, the frequencies being higher than in 3D, along with everything being based on an individuals own thought/spiritual evolution status, will tend to leave us scattered like dust in the wind all over the astral.

My mother and I have often gotten together in dreams and would talk about literally being in the same dream scenario together, later. It depends on your bond with someone.

Astralsuzy

You are better off to keep quiet about ap.  Most or a lot of people do not like talking about it or they think you are weird.  I have learnt to keep it quiet.  You can thank the forum.  At least we can talk about it here.

Bedeekin

True... although I tell everyone I meet.

Meeting people and becoming friends without telling them about my OOBEs is a dangerous thing to do. They will hear about it eventually and I would rather them know first of all... otherwise its something I have to hide and not talk about. It also sorts the wheat from the chaff.

There is also a way of talking about it... I have learned this over the past, nearly 30 years... that is to break it gently.

"Hi... I can come out of my physical body as a spirit and visit other dimensional realities"

is asking for trouble... whereas

"Hi... I can control my dreams"

Is a good opener. it doesn't spoil the fruit and opens up a dialogue about dreams from which you can then assess whether it's good to elaborate on the fact you can visit the moon.

Astralsuzy

If you feel you can talk about it then that is great.  I rather not talk about it unless I know the other person has an interest in it.  I rather keep the peace.  Unfortunately I have to not talk about it as it can cause too many problems.

Astralzombie

Quote from: Astralsuzy on March 04, 2013, 02:37:41
If you feel you can talk about it then that is great.  I rather not talk about it unless I know the other person has an interest in it.  I rather keep the peace.  Unfortunately I have to not talk about it as it can cause too many problems.
Unfortunately, I am with you right now on this one. Always tell the truth but there's no need to blurt it out if it makes you uncomfortable.

But this uncomfort (wow, spell check says that not be a word) is only a product of fear and Beedeekin is lucky to not have this particular one.

I think it is great that he tells everyone he meets. He's like an Evangelical OOBEr.

When I learn how to defend my new beliefs verbally and fluently, I will too. Currently, I just get upset when I get cornered and this helps no one. Least of all, myself.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Bedeekin

Haha.. but.. I don't go straight in for the kill!!

I don't say.. 'I can float out of my body'... or anything to do with Astral Projection. I gather interest in them by mentioning that I can control my dreams.. it either opens a dialogue for expressing more detail or ends there without them generally walking away thinking I am a nut job.

Contenteo

Sorry about the loneliness.
It can be said you are tapping into the universal strategy training. That's what I look at it as.
I have found the gift of astral projection is that of nimble empathy and lush creativity.

Making visualization a nightly habit makes you very good at understanding potential outcomes, but also, more importantly, the factors involved in those outcomes. Every  'simulation' is of use. Knowing what not to say, is the same as knowing 'when' saying should occur. This goes for learning new skills, and meeting new people.
Maybe you could call it just a zesty appreciation for life itself, but on a deeper level, I feel like so many of the individuals who have had vivid NDEs. They share this quality of walking the earth with an aura of wonder of each moment. Its kinda of a cheesy way to describe it, but it helps you put every interaction and every day in context. Time moves seemingly fast and every interaction is a gift, no matter how trifling.

But if you want to be Utilitarian about it...
I have learned that from AP'ing. I find everyone, when approached the right way (which is different nearly every time) finds it a sigh of relief to speak about the subject of dreams. Dreams are already a pretty intimate subject, understand that as a constraint. Don't search for people to talk about it with either. If you are going to be 'known' for knowing about this stuff, just say you practice "Lucid Dreaming". Its a statement that is not 100% accurate, but you'll find a handful of people who have had one of those. They will like you for it and just respect their boundaries of that is "dream talk." Until they sit down by themselves and take a good hard study at AP, you will always be ahead of them.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Bedeekin

Quote from: Contenteo on March 04, 2013, 03:02:30
But if you want to be Utilitarian about it...
I have learned that from AP'ing. I find everyone, when approached the right way (which is different nearly every time) finds it a sigh of relief to speak about the subject of dreams. Dreams are already a pretty intimate subject, understand that as a constraint. Don't search for people to talk about it with either. If you are going to be 'known' for knowing about this stuff, just say you practice "Lucid Dreaming". Its a statement that is not 100% accurate, but you'll find a handful of people who have had one of those. They will like you for it and just respect their boundaries of that is "dream talk." Until they sit down by themselves and take a good hard study at AP, you will always be ahead of them.

Y... yes... just... what I said. I obviously agree.

Lionheart

I find that once we start to delve into and to try to understand the NPR better ourselves, that we on some kind of strange collective consciousness level, start to attract like minded people to us.

This year when we had a Kiosk in the our local Mall at X-mas time, I found being a good listener was the key to finding many like minded or at least open minded people. I ALWAYS let them start the conversation. Then I just kind of screened and read what they were trying to say. From there i knew what I did and didn't wish to say to this person.

ChopstickFox

I've subtly brought it up in conversation before, but always from a "common ground" kind of area. Such as dreams. It's easy to tell where to go with the conversation based on the person's reaction. It doesn't scare people so much when you explain things in ways that make sense to them. Just like how mostly everyone's been answering.

I still don't tell my husband though. I tell him I'm on a dream forum and he says I'm retarded. :D
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: ChopstickFox on March 04, 2013, 03:45:35
I still don't tell my husband though. I tell him I'm on a dream forum and he says I'm retarded. :D
That was funny.  Perhaps I have a strange sense of humour.  I laughed when I read it.

Volgerle

Quote from: ChopstickFox on March 04, 2013, 03:45:35I still don't tell my husband though. I tell him I'm on a dream forum and he says I'm retarded. :D
opposites attract  :wink:

ChopstickFox

Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Contenteo

QuoteY... yes... just... what I said. I obviously agree.

We were writing at the same thought at the same time.  :-D I did not mean any offense. You just got in there a minute before me.  :-P

Best.

Cheers,
Contenteo

Bedeekin

Oh damn... I forgot to put a smiley on that. I didn't take offence.

mr_coffee

How would you ever meet another physical exploring the non-physical?  I would assume you would both have to be thinking about a particular location and all the details would have to be almost identical or you could be projected into a very similar environment but not the exact environment your partner is thinking about. 

"Reality is relative to the vibrational density of the observer."
http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
http://technonug.deviantart.com/

Bedeekin

That's the trick isn't it?

I have met people who are nonphysical and then relayed to them what I saw and they didn't remember meeting me or having an OOBE... but the information I relayed to them was full of facts that only they would know... and they were deep secret facts.. things that were imprinted upon their subconscious.

I still have people on Youtube wanting me to come visit them or meet up in the Astral and I warn them that I may discover things they would otherwise want to remain hidden.

To meet someone who is consciously projecting I have never had the opportunity.

Tom Campbell claims that he and another researcher went on identical excursions together. He also mentions that he used to guide his son in dreams.

ChopstickFox

I was just talking to a friend of mine and we both shared times we've seen each other. Both without knowledge. hehe. I've had a few times, but my own fear of being wrong always keeps me from sharing. I know it shouldn't because there is nothing to lose. Because who cares, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. End of story. It's like, it's right there in my mind, but I am afraid to commit to putting the details into words.

Astralzombie

Quote from: ChopstickFox on March 05, 2013, 01:01:42
I was just talking to a friend of mine and we both shared times we've seen each other. Both without knowledge. hehe. I've had a few times, but my own fear of being wrong always keeps me from sharing. I know it shouldn't because there is nothing to lose. Because who cares, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. End of story. It's like, it's right there in my mind, but I am afraid to commit to putting the details into words.

That sums up my thinking as well.
Mark Twain

Anonymouse

I for example, have introduced it to a friend of mine by talking to him about lucid Dreaming. He obviously got interested in the subject (who wouldn't?).

I then told him from there, he can move on to do some other cool things  8-). It's better to introduce this to a person slowly, naturally. As with anything new to you.

fuzzywuzzy

I have an idea. Wear a shirt about lucid dreaming (there are actually shirts and you can find them online) and I think people with a similar interest would just come up to you and want to talk about it. You won't have to bring it up to anyone who will think you're weird.
If you see someone in the astral riding around in a red bumper car, it's probably me.

Chaki

While I don't just bring up the subject randomly, I have no problem discussing the subject with people, even if they're pure materialists. Defecation, I used to be one.

lol that was a play on this site replacing "sh*t" with "excrement"

anyway

Who cares what people think? As long as you're not combative or trying to persuade them, you won't encounter any problems. Worst case scenario, they would think you're weird. And they would think right.