News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Sleep Paralysis

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudvayne

Wow what a great forum.

Hi everyone.

I experianced sleep paralysis bout a week ago it was trey freaky, so i read up about it, and most sources say that is a chemical released by your brain when you are sleeping in order to stop you hurting yourself or others, like if you are having a nightmare you are actually pyshically fighting so this stops you from hurting the person next to you, or from damaging yourself.

This seems like a very reasonable explanation, its alot more believable than your astral body snapping back into your normal body after a night out.

RTCovenant

Hmm, I don't know what the cause is.

But if you want to astral project, it is the holy grail. I read it on a link somewhere.

It is very easy to project when one has sleep paralysis.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not."

Nay

Hi there Mud.   Sleep paraylsis is half of what you say, look to http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17362  This might help.

I'm loving the trey freaky...:D

Nay

Mudvayne

Thank you for the feed back guys, i just read my own message and realised that i was sounding like a skeptic, but i do believe in all this stuff, so thanx alot

You guys are Trey Groovy

laiana

My sleep paralysis episodes were what eventually brought me to this forum, and I've been having so much fun learning Astral Projection!

Smilodon29A

Hey Mudvayne.

The worst case scenario you get out of trying to have an OBE is you learn to meditate :)
If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.
      --Anonymous
There cannot be a crisis next week.  My schedule is already full.
      --Henry Kissinger

smooth

last night i had 3 states of sleep paralysis. some weird stuff happend. if u wont to know the story i posted it in dreams. Good luck.
-Chris

Telos

Have there been any cases of people acting out their dreams?

Is this what psychotic people do? Do psychotics have problems with sleep paralysis?

You'd think we would know about it. Because then you'd have to nail down psychotics to the bed, and that is rarely the case.

That tired explanation of "sleep paralysis is so you don't act out your dreams" is so ridiculous.

-lines-

Jebus, don't ramble and try to have a point...

I'll explain it as best I understand. For starters, I have sleep paralysis quite often, so I have researched up about it. Simply put, when you go to sleep, your brain flicks a switch on that makes it so that you cannot move while you sleep. When you wake up, your brain signals this switch to turn off and let you move. This normally happens just after you fall asleep and just before you wake, so you don't notice it.

Problems happen when the signal to the switch isn't triggered or is triggered too soon or is triggered out of the blue. It'll shut down your ability to move or it will turn it on at inappropriate times. With sleep paralysis, the switching occurs while you are going to sleep or while you just awake or while you are sleeping. It makes it so that you are unable to move, plain and simple. Your brain either doesn't realize that you aren't supposed to be paralysed yet/still or the signal to the switch wasn't sent. When you move around at night, when you should be paralysed (sleepwalking, acting out dreams, sitting up, talking) then the switch was either never turned on or was accidently turned off.

The explanation isn't rediculous. Just because you can't get your mind around it doesn't make in wrong.
- Skeptical until proven otherwise -

MJ-12

-lines-

I move while in SP, takes a bunch of willpower the first time. It's the way I break myself out of it, by touching my fingers together usually. That rolling out of bed or off the couch is a technique that people use to have an OBE. I haven't managed to do it without snapping out of the paralysis, but that sounds like what you've been doing.

So all you do is roll? Is it the same as just really trying to roll over, or do you trick yourself into thinking that you are rolling?

MJ-12

-lines-

When I move my fingers, they move slowly, but they move. Are you talking about what it feels like to try to move your legs while they are not actually moving, and then snapping out of it like that? I'm not even sure if that's the cause of you snapping out, but because your mind is awake and your brain has been given enough time to realize what's going on.

Oh, that staggering twitch that you feel when you are not actually moving is common, though I've only had it happen a couple of times (once tried to move my feet up, and saw a burred and not-quite- there hallucination of my legs above my blankets). People can get trying to move to the point where their muscles are physically sore and cramped the next day.

Look up some sleep paralysis forums for a better understanding how/why SP happens, I just came to my own conclusions at first, which was backed up by some sites that I came across.