small test of will power

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymond

In one of my projection's this morning (had 3 in a row)  I find myself in a train, traveling along a sub urban enviroment.

I walked along in the carriage for a bit and then opened one of the doors, flying outside and hovering above the train.

Next, I spotted a motorbike next to the train as it zoomed along, seeing some potential for a bit of fun, I flew down to the bike. Gunned the motor to life and started racing the train!

At first it was great fun, I was dodging obstacles, doing jumps and having a blast! Then the motor seemed to start losing power. It was as if I was being bogged down in sand. Extra revving, gear changing, nothing seemed to help and the train was getting ahead!

Must have been losing awareness beccause my attempts to use my will power to make the bike faster didn't work.  Still trying to make the bike move its A** along I woke up :)

A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance!

EscapeVelocity

What were your thoughts and emotions while the bike was losing power and just before you awoke?
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Raymond

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on January 11, 2015, 03:38:41
What were your thoughts and emotions while the bike was losing power and just before you awoke?

Thinking to myself that I should be able to make the thing do what I wanted it to do :- and feelings of escalating frustration 

EscapeVelocity

Frustration was the key word I was wondering about.

Your experience sounds a lot like my Back to School experience last Spring.

This may have been a simulation/lesson for you. In mine, I knew it was a lesson, but I missed the central issue, thinking it had to do with either intent or determination. No matter how much intent or determination I put into the experience, I was getting nothing but failure; absolutely everything that I thought should work simply didn't work; this led to increasing frustration and doubt and finally the simulation ended.

The lesson, I realized, was not about intent or determination, but about controlling my mindset and not succumbing to my frustration.

Hope that gives some ideas...

EV
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

Self doubt and intent need working on. Doubt WILL manifest as it has with the power loss in your experience. It can come subconciously from some earlier time where you read about various experiences and thought 'I'll not be able to do that'.
This thought isn't actually true, if you've not done it how can you say you can't?
As you are the controller in your experiences, you only need to realise this as a fact and the doubt is removed. It comes from a too physical mindset, you need to drop what you expect from the physical and know you are capable of anything. This gives you the drive to know you can do anything and the intent then become a 'do it' command rather than a ' it might work' assumption. Doubt is a high score fail mechanism like fear and needs to be removed from the foreground mind.

The common one is where we can't fly so we only take giant steps in our experiences. The physical mindset is slowly being removed and the new physics of the NP is becoming ingrained.
Its a long term achievement that is reachable with a few changes from the physical mindset.
You've already started this change by the way. Flying, walking through walls, breathing underwater and more. These are natural and get ignored as your instincts tell you they are normal. Its those life threatening events in the physical that intervene with this instinct. To jump off a cliff in the NP is fun, in the physical it's madness...
You'll soon pick it all up and realise you are starting to develop a second personality.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Raymond

Escape - thinking back I'd say it was a test or simulation of some sorts. When i suddenly appear in 'original' environments it seems that I was put there for some reason. If that doesn't happen its just a boring, random bedroom that rarely corresponds to the one I'm in :lol:

Szaxx, good points. Thanks. The thing is, the moment your awareness slips a little then that opens the proverbial door for a flood of doubts about what you can and can't do. I like what you said about the second personality. Right on the spot there about intent driving everything.