Some guidance needed on an experience several years ago...

Previous topic - Next topic

kinglewiebuc

Good evening

I had my first lucid dream when I was 14. I didn't know anything about dreams or astral projection, all I knew was that this dream was as real as the cold light of day.

A few years later after reading a lot I started to have lucid dreams more frequently but could never achieve astral projection. However I did have one experience by accident and I'm hoping someone here can help me understand exactly what happened.
This was several years ago now so I can't remember whether I was attempting ap or whether I was just falling asleep.

From what I recall I felt an explosion in my ears, it was like a blast and I could feel/hear my ear wax cracking. It ought to be powerful enough to damage my hearing or at least hurt, yet it did not.

The next thing that happened was the brightest white light that I had ever seen, it swept into my vision all around me from the blackness of my eyes being closed, it was like I had been teleported. I could look at this light without being blinded and blue spirals were flying by. The only way I could describe these multiple spirals was like an opening title sequence from Doctor Who where the blue light crossed my vision like cogs and springs of a pocket watch.

I then felt my body start to rise and move forward. In the distance there was a blue dot which was somehow brighter than the white light and I could perceive a tunnel. I couldn't see the tunnel but I knew I was in one, instead of a white light at the end of a dark tunnel I was in a white light going towards a blue light.

Sadly I let the excitement get the better of me. I remember thinking not to think of my body and inevitably I did think of it. There was no bump where I went back into my body or anything like that. I can't recall if I felt myself go back down but I definitely did have the sensation of floating up at one point. The vision faded and I opened my eyes and I was in my bed.

There was no alcohol or drugs consumed before this. Also when I lucid dream I consciously say to myself this is 100% real because when I wake my memory of it is somewhat blurred and I question whether it really was that real. However this occasion was vastly different, there was clarity to the vision and the explosion in my ears, I've never had a dream like that.

I would be most grateful if anyone can tell me what that was that I had experienced. Was it the beginnings of an astral projection? Was I far from doing it? Or was it a just vivid dream?

Lumaza

Quote from: kinglewiebuc on July 13, 2020, 03:13:58
Sadly I let the excitement get the better of me. I remember thinking not to think of my body and inevitably I did think of it.
Yes, thinking not to think of your body is still thinking of your body. More experiences like this will make it easier for you to control that impulse. You won't even think of your physical body. You will just be exploring the place you are at. Let your "curiosity" take over the driver's seat and go see what you can see.

QuoteI would be most grateful if anyone can tell me what that was that I had experienced. Was it the beginnings of an astral projection? Was I far from doing it? Or was it a just vivid dream?
My opinion due to your explanation is that you had a spontaneous OBE. Once "out of the body", you got a glimpse/sneak peek of how fascinating the NPR can really be!  8-)

Just remember though, a LD is still a NPR experience. Becoming aware in a Dream is just a different vehicle, per se, used to reach a NP state of being. Once lucid, you can still explore the NPR you find yourself in, just as you can from that of a OBE or Phase session.
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

EscapeVelocity

I took the liberty of reading back through your previous 8 posts going back ten years and I see that you are asking basically the same question as to whether these experiences are astral projections or something else.

The answer is both simple and complex, at the same time. Yes, your experiences are astral projections, but they are differing forms of it; thus some of your confusion about them. We read about OBEs and astral projection in the various literature and we become "front-loaded" with certain beliefs and expectations of what just an experience must be like. When we get an experience that doesn't necessarily fit those expectations we then doubt what it could have been. This is normal and part of the answer is that these experiences encompass many perceptions beyond just the astral projection. We then are faced with a choice: subdivide them into different categories or lump them all into one type of category.

For now, you can dump them all into just one category, that being Non-Physical (NP) Experiences.

When you have recorded enough experiences in your journal, you will begin to see some differences (as you have already) and want to put some experiences into different categories:
Dreams
Lucid Dreams
Etheric/RTZ/Classic OBE Projections
Astral/Emotional Body Projections (Lower/Personal vs Higher/Public/Proper)
Mental Body Projections
Causal Body/Single Point Consciousness Projections
Etcetera...

If an experience doesn't fit immediately then just leave it in the NP category until new information comes along and then you realize where it does belong. This is why a journal becomes so important.

The experience you just described in your most recent post sounds like a definite higher-level kind of event, made to get your attention and leave an everlasting impression. Astral, Mental, maybe even a Causal level experience...a profound event. I'm not surprised that you didn't feel a "bump" when you transitioned back; in the higher level experiences like Phasing, you most normally don't get any physical transition symptoms, sometimes yes, but mostly not.

You may have prematurely cut short the experience, but maybe not. It was still a very significant event and it served its purpose...it definitely got your attention and here you are, years later, still wondering at its significance.

Welcome back!
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

GrumpyRabbit

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on July 13, 2020, 04:52:05

I'm not surprised that you didn't feel a "bump" when you transitioned back; in the higher level experiences like Phasing, you most normally don't get any physical transition symptoms, sometimes yes, but mostly not.

Glad I read thru this thread because this answers something I'd been wondering about. When getting back from classic vibrations-->float out of body, my physical body feels a very specific way. Heavy, bone tired, almost like I feel the aftereffects of tingling. But the times where it seems to be more phase origination, my physical body doesn't seem to feel that way (so far), so I was like, hm, I don't feel that Feeling, maybe that was just a dream. But if different methods lead to different sensations (or none) in the physical body upon returning, then that answers that =)