First Mind Travel...

Previous topic - Next topic

kakkarot

i think that the feeling of moving a long distance is because the mind is shutting down the consciousness's access to the brain, and with each part that you are no longer allowed to access, it feels like you are moving into a smaller and smaller (or farther and farther) place.

0.2 of a slacker's cents.  :P

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

kakkarot

oh yeah. and congrats!

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Grendel

I've had that exact same feeling.  I can almost visualize it when it happens, but not really, it's weird.  It's almost like my field of awareness has opened up (As opposed to just being straight ahead), and there is a huge, huge area around me.  Then when I'm in that area, it's like I go into a small piece of that large cavernous area, and I'm smaller yet.  Almost like I shrunk and went in a cell of something, shrunk again, etc.  You realize that there is a huge area around you, and that you're becoming infinitely smaller.

I don't know if that's what you're talking about, but it's happened to me more than a couple of times.  It's hard to explain, but a very neat experience.  Almost like I'm shrinking down to a single point of consciousness, if that makes any sense?

Patty

James -

Congrats!  When was the mind travel? Enquiring minds want to know.

About the shrinking thing - are you comfortable with it? I had something like that once during depression, and I would hate to think that you have depression! So in your situation, was it a good feeling, a neutral feeling, or an abandoned feeling?

Patty

ralphm

the space thing almost sounds like an enhanced type of trance sensation.some times i experience something similar but i am weirded out by it, other times it is more pleasent.
When i was a kid -maybe 6-8 - i remember having that happen to me -like i was shrinking into this large space-it seems like the only esoteric type thing i remember from a early age.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

James S

Grendel, That's exactly it! You feel like you're endlessly shrinking, or the area your in is growing larger, but there's definitely that sensation of movement. Another thing is I feel as though my hands or my face have expanded out of proportion.

Patty, it would have been around 2:15PM your time (7:45 my time). I was at work early (as I am now), and my desk is in a very quiet secluded part of the office. I tried again this morning, but I'd been thinking yesterday about the number of possible distractions I could have here, and of course that blew it for me this morning. Almost got there though, I could feel my heart rate increase, my skin tingle and a sense of falling/detachment, but nothing more. Like I needed a bit more energy. I'll have to try at home at night. I notice I become accutely aware of every little sound.

With the cavern/shrinking sensation, it doesn't seem to matter what mood I'm in, though I've noticed it more a few times after an argument with my partner, and I have felt down.The sensation itself tends to be almost comforting and warm, though I feel like I'm in an enourmous dark enclosed space - hang on, memory coming back - it's not always perfectly dark. Sometimes I remember seeing what is like rows of almost imperceptible points of light, Like I'm inside some huge sphere. How odd!

James S
(Fate amenable to change)

Patty

I can't get these time zones figured out. Is it tuesday there already? Or do you work on sundays?

The reason I asked was because on Friday morning (my time, so whatever that is in Australia)  I was waking slowly - I clearly heard a voice say "I have to tell patty I had an OBE...."  It was you! (but no accent,,,, heh heh heh ..... but somehow in that weird hypnopompic state I was hearing James S or a decent construct of him) I don't know. It was just one of those weird things. Anyway, I was hoping for a direct hit ---- looks like a no on that ---- but still neat that you started mind traveling in roughly the same time frame!

later -

Patty

k2sixx

James: I had that experience a few months into my practice.  Only had it twice so far though, and I love it!

First time, the feeling felt like deja-vu to me

kakkarot

actually, i tried doing a dream walk last monday night and, come to think of it, the beginning part of it felt like i was collapsing the area that my mind occupies into a much smaller area, then focusing that area on "punching through" some sort of reality thing. then i felt like i was moving through a tunnel, and eventually i felt like i was dreaming while awake. really weird, probably like astral travel, but using my mind. but, i have no idea if this was a hallucination or genuine  :P  so, whatever.  :)

have fun, drink beer, stay young.

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

AndrewTheSinger

I think the same as ralphm. Maybe that sensation of being shrunk happens in a deep trance state. I particularly never felt that, I just sometimes feel vulnerable, it feels as if something can happen at any time and I don't know where that thing may come from.

Where does this silence come from?

The untold past of the Earth: http://hiddenhistory.awardspace.com

James S

HI all,

Started taking my first steps toward AP, by trying mind travel.

I just started meditating and relaxing wiht the view to projecting my thoughts around the  corridor and rooms around me. I let my minds eye roam these rooms, and at the same time could feel my body tingling, and felt as if I were starting to drift into something like a very large cavernous space.

When I brought my mind back I felt great. Really relaxed and on a high.

The thing that I wondered about, is sometimes when I'm drifting off to sleep I get that same feeling af being in like an enourmous cavern-like space, and I feel like I'm shrinking while this dark space is growing larger. I know I'm in bed, with my wife right next to me, yet I feel like I'm rapidly moving miles away.

Any comments or insights on this?

James S
(Fate amenable to change)