Some Projection Advice

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron330

Just wanted to get some advice on a particular thing that keeps happening to me recently. I spend about two hours on M,W,F mornings trying to project, and 1 1/2 hours on T, Th afternoons. Lately what's been happening is that I fall asleep (sometimes this happens at night as well) and I become aware out of a dead sleep that I am phasing out. I have the hot liquid, astral wind, and strong vibrations all going together. I focus on the sensations out of habit, but it is as though they are not as strong as usual. I end up just sitting there for a minute or so with all the sensations going, and they slowly die down until I wake up. I've also tried remaining completely passive, as if I could care less if I project or not, and this has the same effect. The sensations die down and I wake up.

My question is, how can I turn these close encounters into projections? Is there any mental imagery I should try to use?
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

EscapeVelocity

I'm not sure that I have a great answer here, maybe only some suggestions.

Many of us run into these quiet periods, as you've already experienced. Soarin12 made the suggestion that we are being challenged to find new methods of exit/transition. We get the feel of one technique a few times, then get pushed to find new ones.

Another possibility is simply one of Intent. Do you have a strong destination, person or purpose in mind? This could be a challenge to hone your Intent skills.

Or you could ask your higher self/guide to "show me the next higher experience/lesson I need".

As far as imagery, have you tried a Rundown?

Just some thoughts.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

Mentally demand what you need to know and expect a scene to develop.
With these symptoms you're just through the door so to speak. Totally ignore the physical body, make sure you disconnect from any thoughts or sensations of it.
That works quite well when in this position.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Bluefirephoenix

The combination of the above I would call unwavering focus. It's a learned skill. You have to do this with a quiet and passive mind though. The natural tendency is to tense up when focusing intently. Focus can be perfect when relaxed. THe mind and emotions need to be distraction free. Connecting with the Divine is also important if you want answers of quality.

Aaron330

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on November 25, 2014, 01:09:00
I'm not sure that I have a great answer here, maybe only some suggestions.

Many of us run into these quiet periods, as you've already experienced. Soarin12 made the suggestion that we are being challenged to find new methods of exit/transition. We get the feel of one technique a few times, then get pushed to find new ones.

Another possibility is simply one of Intent. Do you have a strong destination, person or purpose in mind? This could be a challenge to hone your Intent skills.

Or you could ask your higher self/guide to "show me the next higher experience/lesson I need".

As far as imagery, have you tried a Rundown?

Just some thoughts.

I believe I have tried a rundown before, not completely sure though. Can you give me an example? I like the idea of being challenged to find new exit paths.

Quote from: Szaxx on November 25, 2014, 02:29:30
Mentally demand what you need to know and expect a scene to develop.
With these symptoms you're just through the door so to speak. Totally ignore the physical body, make sure you disconnect from any thoughts or sensations of it.
That works quite well when in this position.

This is something I haven't done enough of yet. I will work on having specific, strong intent of a destination when I project from now on. So far I only have strong intents of what I want to do or to learn while OBE, but not of where to go as of yet.
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.

EscapeVelocity

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Szaxx

To be a powerful master you have to become the master by mastering anything thrown at.you.
Everything you're challenged with in the NP is NOT beyond your capabilities.
You'll think it is many times, it's your mindset you need to change.
There's no 'I'll try this' when things get going. It's I'll do it (somehow)
Be mentally strong and know failiure is not an option.
Demand firmly to progress without any malice in your asking. The results are out of this world. Lol
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Astralsuzy

Sometimes you get sensations and you do not have to do anything.   You ap somewhere.   Other times you get ap sensations and if you do nothing the ap will end.    Sometimes you have to do something to make ap happen.   

soarin12

Quote from: Astralsuzy on November 27, 2014, 00:03:39
Sometimes you get sensations and you do not have to do anything.   You ap somewhere.   Other times you get ap sensations and if you do nothing the ap will end.    Sometimes you have to do something to make ap happen.   

Absolutely true!  Just happened to me last night.  I had the sensations and was waiting to pop into a scene, but unfortunately the sensations stopped for no apparent reason.  This happens sometimes which is why I don't always use the method of just waiting without doing an exit.  Sometimes it's better to do an exit technique.  When I get to the point in the trance where I hear voices or other (sometimes creepy) sounds, I either do a roll out or I do a mental exit where I visualize myself already OOB in another place in the room.

So between the 3 techniques, waiting 'til I just end up 'there', rolling out, or a mental visual exit, I can get the job done. 

Last night after my first first failure, I turned over, got comfortable again, went back into the trance, and when I got to the point that I heard voices and a sound like a potato chip bag crinkling ( that's a creepy one that I do get once in a while) I visualized myself floating toward the nearest door in my house.  It worked and I went through the door and onward into an adventure.

Astralsuzy

Thanks for sharing  soarin12.    That was great.   You said beautifully. 

Aaron330

Quote from: soarin12 on November 27, 2014, 12:35:13
Absolutely true!  Just happened to me last night.  I had the sensations and was waiting to pop into a scene, but unfortunately the sensations stopped for no apparent reason.  This happens sometimes which is why I don't always use the method of just waiting without doing an exit.  Sometimes it's better to do an exit technique.  When I get to the point in the trance where I hear voices or other (sometimes creepy) sounds, I either do a roll out or I do a mental exit where I visualize myself already OOB in another place in the room.

So between the 3 techniques, waiting 'til I just end up 'there', rolling out, or a mental visual exit, I can get the job done. 

Last night after my first first failure, I turned over, got comfortable again, went back into the trance, and when I got to the point that I heard voices and a sound like a potato chip bag crinkling ( that's a creepy one that I do get once in a while) I visualized myself floating toward the nearest door in my house.  It worked and I went through the door and onward into an adventure.

Great advice from both Soarin and AstralSuzy! I will remember this next time. I have actually never tried the technique of visualizing being somewhere else during the sensations. I will give that a whirl. It's good to know that sometimes you need to do nothing, and other times you need to do something. It's easy to get stuck in a routine but with AP it seems like you have to be ready for anything.