News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Sort of a Poll

Previous topic - Next topic

Eternal_Soulmate

Hey there,

here comes my personal answer to your questions...

Well I've been trying since my 15 till my 18 to induce OBE from the "awake" state... unfortunatly unsuccesfull! After that I kinda gave up... Weird thing is 1 or 2 years after that I was able to induce 1 single OBE during a Lucid Dream...How do I know...Well it's something you just know [;)] ...but it certainly didn't feel weird at all, in fact I felt more natural than ever!
OBE has allways been on my mind and I'm certainly planing NOT TO GIVE UP!  

The first books I've read and really enjoyed reading are from
Robert A. Monroe ... I think they are a good starting point, after that I think the best thing to do is...personal study, after all we know more than we think we do [;)]

Greetings [:o)]
We allways have choice...

Astral-Jas

Hi

I can only answer one of the questions.

I thought "Adventures Out of the body" by william bulhman was good. And ASTRAL DYNAMICS by the one and only ROBERT BRUCE! very good and thick[:P]

Print out the 90 day program which use's techniqes from his book, for FREE!

[8)] good luck

P.S-did have one OBE but it was just the start of it and I came back to body. Took aobut a month of on off practice. And I have not had one since.

overfien

2 days.. to project. I now have a low 80% success rate.  Started about a year and a half ago.  "the only reason i don't have a higher projection rate is because I give up to early if it's been a long day"  
books : Author: Samael aun Weor.. its amazing how many different theories there are of the astral world and how the subjective mind plays in some peoples writings.

Frank

I'm not sure how you are defining success here, but to the extent where I could project with a high degree of competence and keep control of my experience, and such like, about ten years.

I only ever came across one "method" at the beginning which was outlined in Monroe's Journeys OOTB. I read the book in the early 1980's and that was the only book I read on this topic until fairly recently. I thought the author had cottoned onto something of major importance, or he was simply insane. Anyhow, after about 3 months of trying I began getting projection symptoms (much to my amazement).

My opinion is a person cannot become fully informed by reading a book. A person becomes informed by actually doing. For example, there are ever so many people who know far more "about" astral projection than I ever will. Yet they still can't actually do it. Also, from interacting with people on the forum, I realise some of what is said in these books tends to contradict each other.

The other factor a person needs to consider is the topic is constantly evolving. Monroe, for example, freely acknowledged that concepts he talked about in Journeys had been superseded by his later work.

Plus, a lot of the early books follow the concept of "leaving the body" and silver chords, and all that kind of stuff. Which I suppose served them well at the time. But it's rather a cumbersome way of going about it when compared to the more modern-day phasing approach. Well, that's my opionon FWIW.

Yours,
Frank

kiauma

It is exactly those points that engendered my ideas Frank, of the substratum of the 'astral' experience.

Your point in another post of the self-reinforcing property of perception further adds to this theory.   We are our perceptions.  At the same time, our ideas of what the world is and what we expect to see becomes a sort of 'belief box' that we build ourselves into.   How much use we can make of our perceptions, and how much of outside stimulus we can perceive accurately is metaphorically analagous to the size of our belief box.  It could also be stated as our 'level' of awareness.

I look around me though, and I prefer the term 'belief box' because it seems no matter how conscious or aware we are, we are still limited by the belief box - and it is the self-reinforcing nature of the belief box that perpetuates itself.

One example would be cynicism.   Most cynics are very aware people, except for the bias of their cynicism, and it is the expectations of their cynicism that reinforces their cynical belief box, and keeps delivering what they expect to see.

Enlightnement, in this case, would be busting out of the belief box.

Oh, and it took me over 20 years before my first total OBE, though my efforts were sporadic.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

Rastus

Try not to lock yourself into some mold.  The traditional classic float out of your body OBE I can't do.  I don't really try to anymore, it's just not me, but it's what everyone tries to do.  I'm a phaser, which is both easier and harder.  Easier in that I don't go through Montoe focus stages or worry about mind awake/body asleep, harder in that you need some good vidualisation and concentration skills.
There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.

kiauma

Ah yes, the other questions!

I originally got the idea of OBE from a book on witchcraft - one of those you find in the back of a comic book a long time ago.  I don't even remember the title, though I remember reading the various subjects with amazement.  Yes, I actually ordered it out of the back of a comic book.   This was about the mid 70's.   I was a curious lad.

I remember it must have been written by actual practicing witches, because I can still find the same stuff in many witchcraft books today.

Anyway, the methods talked about in the book never really worked for me, though they could work I spose.   I was far too young and undisciplined to make anything work, as later experience showed.   What finally did work was me learning, incrementally, how to relax deeply, and how to disassociate from the mind with visualization and deep breathing.  When I finally did it - what a rush!!!

I think anyone who persues it with fortitude will do it, sooner or later, one way or another.
Non semper ea sunt quae videntur.

astralpwka

quote:
Originally posted by YoungOldSoul

How long did u try to AP/OBE before becoming succesful?

Projected once as a kid by accident. Began trying to do it conciously from age 18 to 30. Mastered lucid dreaming during this period, but failed to AP until last year.

quote:

What method/s worked best for you, and do you find are most common to work?

Its easy for me to make it out through lucid dreaming. Other methods have yet to work.

quote:

What are the best books to pick up to read to become thouroughly informed?

All of them. [:D]

ralphm

# 1, I happened spontaniously, I don't know if I am successful yet, and for #2 I think the best is the interupted sleep technique.
Maybe the lack of sucess part is that you can't compare your experiences to the people that right books.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Dream Cadet

Hi YoungOldSoul,

I had my first OBE without trying.  I read an online book by Robert Peterson out of curiosity.  I didn't practice the exercizes or anything.  The night that I finished the book I had an OBE that lasted about 2 minutes.  I have had 10 since then.

The best method is the one that works for you.  Try methods until you get something that seems to work. I believe that you can get too wrapped up in a "method".  I believe it is has to do more with relaxing, focusing (or not focusing) and letting it happen instead of making it happen.  It sounds simple but can take a lot of practice and I have a long way to go.  

I've read 6 books including the three by Monroe and Astral Dynamics.  They helped define a basic foundation for OBE's.  Truthfully, I have learned more from Frank, MajorTom, Cube and a few others on this site about the intricate details involved.

Happy Travels,

D.C.

Sampson

1. I had some projection phenomena start up over a period of about three months, I visited this forum to read other peoples experiences and had a full Oobe a day or two later if my memory is right, I realised upon having the experience that I have had similar experiences when I was younger but had not recognised them for what they were.

2. For me currently it's by setting a conscious trigger before I go to sleep or in the days leading up to a projection attempt, the trigger activates occasionally in the middle of the night but most often in the early morning, affirmations and reality checks are also helpful.

3. I'm a bit of a bookworm so I could go on forever about great spiritual/philosophical books that have inspired me! I would just say whatever you read, read it with an open mind whilst also remaining objective, and if what you read doesn't feel or sound right then trust your instincts.
'To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.'

William Blake ('Auguries of Innocence')

YoungOldSoul

How long did u try to AP/OBE before becoming succesful?

What method/s worked best for you, and do you find are most common to work?

What are the best books to pick up to read to become thouroughly informed?

Thanks!
Heather[:X]