Soul Twin on the Astral??

Previous topic - Next topic

ralphm

Do you think your obe images are trustworthy? In mine there is still a lot of images a lot of the times that are dream-like. Last time I did an obe I looked back and noticed there was no one on my side of the bed so I logically deduced that i was having an obe. It was not till I came back did I realize my error.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Leyla

Please keep in mind that once you leave your body you are a ghost. When ghosts appear to people they take on a physical form, depending on what that ghost thinks it should look like.

For some reason deeply rooted in my subconsious, I am a red-leather wearing punk rocker.

Robert Bruce and several other experts on OBE do mention the parts of the soul/consciousness splitting up and looking at each other. I think the term coined for it is "Splitting."
Imagine yourself looking at yourself while looking at youself. It's a weird sensation.

I have done this sort of thing before, where my conscious mind sat awake and watched my subconscious mind have a dream. All the while my subconscious mind had no idea my conscious mind was watching it.

I have had dreams where I OBE'd. Upon waking I realized it was only a dream. I can tell the difference.  It's the same difference between driving a car and dreaming you are driving a car.

However, sometimes I can't rouse myself immediatly after returning to my body, and will go from an OBE directly into a dream. Perhaps that's where your confusion is coming from with your OBE's seeming "dream-like".

Faceless

Maybe the neg knew you were leavin your body to kicks its butt and decided to defend itself by distracting u.

Leyla

Aack! I never said it was a "neg."

No no, this is my childhood companion. It's always been with me, it has crawled into my bed at night since I was five. Others can literally physically feel it climbing into the bed- without being out of body. It used to play games with me as a child, and it still does.

My mother said it was my "guardian angel." In truth I have no idea what it is. But I sure would like to know.

My roommate has brought home a Ouija board in hopes that it will spell something out.

There *are* multiple parts of the soul and concentrating really hard can make them become active:

This is an excerpt of a Robert Bruce article on "Splitting"

"Normally only two aspects, eg, physical and astral are
mentally functional and or conscious of independent existence at any one time. But, further aspects can achieve independent consciousness if enough energy is available...a type of mental energy that can be increased through spiritual development and practice...a multiple mind split event."

I have done plenty of "development and practice" and thus can occasionally wake up other parts of me.
I don't suggest it, it's extreemly exausting, requiring a tremendous amount of energy, leaving you feeling beat-up for days. I only do it by accident.

Greytraveller

There was one idea that immediately came to mind upon reading the account of your experiene. That idea is the esoteric or occult concept of having three (not two) bodies. The three bodies are physical, ethereal (the soul) and the astral (the spirit).
    BTW there are a few other reports of people who have seen their astral/ethereal double while projecting. If I can find any of those reports then I will post a link on where to find them. lol

Faceless

I cant comment on that splitting stuff but... that sounds like a typical neg.

Chow

ralphm

Why don't you try asking the entity who/what it is next time?
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

Faceless

There's not much point in asking that kind of question, you will always get a "positive" responce from it no matter what it is.

Leyla

Not every thing is a "neg."

Okay, As far back as I can remember it climbed into bed with me at night. Sometimes it tickled me.
I used to line up pieces of candy in a row, and it would make them pop in the air, like flipping a coin.

As a toddler my mother would set me up on the dryer while she sorted the cloths and it would turn the dryer off and on for as long as I sat there. Like one of those mechanical horsey-rides you drop a quarter in.

Now days gets my friends attention by ringing bells, locking doors, hiding, and moving things. Ex. The lighter you set down on the kitchen table will re-materialize under the towels in the bathroom cabnet.

Once a guy was looking for his paperwork, high and low all over the house he searched. Nothing. He gave up and turned in for the night. When he woke up it as sitting neatly at the foot of the bed. Ha ha. Freaked him out good.

If this is a "neg" then it isn't a very good one. It needs to take some lesson in evil or something.

Faceless

"Negs are masters of lies and deciet. They will do everything in their power to hide their intent." -Guess where thats from :)

It will hide behind a false image, it will gain your trust and "seem" friendly. If you knew it was a bad spirit you would get rid of it. It knows this and will try to avoid it at all costs. You dont have to see or know about the "bad things", but they are there. A very good way to test this (from RB) is to politely ask the spirit to leave and return at a later date. If it goes willingly and without question its a good spirit. However if it tries in ANY way to stay (eg. says it knows best, says it/you will come to harm, or ANYTHING) then its a neg.

If my house got haunted by anything no matter how friendly it seemded it would DIE! (or so to speak).

Im not saying that your ghost is a neg  for sure, im just saying its not wise to befriend it just because its seems friendly and has never done any "apparent" harm. The chances that it isn't a neg are slim.

Leyla

I've encountered plenty of astral-wildlife in my time, but only one thing I would consider a "neg." I got rid of him.

I do a protection ritual on myself every month like clockwork. So I don't see how one slipped in.

I understand that christianity teaches a lot of scary stuff on deamons, and that basically every spirit out there is demonic in nature, and therefore to stay away from tarot cards and oieja boards etc.

I think most of us were raised christian and have yet to rid ourselves of the brainwashing and the fear we were taught to have of the "spirit world".

weagle

Leyla: not true, when my grandmom passed away a week later she tried to communicate with my mom early in the morning through lucid dream (door slamming), she got scared woke up, I saw same dream door slamming, got a tape recorder (symbolic of listening) and then spoke with her a little bit since she had the desire to speak with us before she moved onto the next plane.  There are also souls I like to call who are in purgatory near the physical plane that have to hang around cleanse their mind/thoughts til they can move on.  Then you also have the angelic spirits etc.. when you pray to God or Angels etc... that come to visit.  So not all spirits are demonic, depends on their character.  But its true many neg spirits would hide their nature.

As for the person who said the spirit wasn't there, you could try doing that sleep deprivation/interruption thing again at a time when it usually is around, if you want to enhance it more sleep 5-6hours then stay awake the entire day instead of interrupting sleep for 30mins, makes it even more stronger.  I noticed there are ghosts that can follow a person from house to house but its really odd for it to intefere with the physical world though, maybe you could research who owned the house prior to moving in to see if nothing bad had happpened to someone in that house.

Leyla

Weagel-

What isn't true?
That each and every spirit is a neg?
Faceless said that, not me.

You did not read thoroughally enough.
I stated at least three times that not every spirit is a neg.

I was arguing that the "all spirits are negs" is fundamentalist christian propaganda, designed to make people afraid and keep them from seeking out spirituallity on their own.

goingslow

Since when does christianity teach every spirit is a neg?  

phanteprotectsme

I agree with Leyla. I just became wiccan a little over a year ago and i was raised catholic. they do make you think that all spirits and such are demonic,AND they make everyone in that religion beleive that people who try to see these things are evil. People and religions and spirits etc... are not always bad. I dont know exactly what a neg is but i do beleive im dealing with one right now, eight actually, and one good. Leyla ~ does this spirit of yours protect you?

Faceless

... umm where did I say that every spirit is a neg?

I said that I think THAT PARTICULAR ONE is a neg because it exhibits common neg behavior. However Leyla for all I know there could be lots of things you havent told me about this spirit that can prove otherwise, I am just basing my opinion on what you have posted here. So far you havent said anything that makes me think it isn't just another neg.

Meg

Hi guys, lets not fight. :)

In the physical world, I am a fairly easily distracted non-ghost-seer (and that's so not a word), but when I am projecting, I am completely open and can feel energies and entities as if they were solid as a brick wall. (I'd love to get to the point of being able to be that aware in the physical world. On call anyway...)

Anyway, the point I am hopelessly trying to get to is that, in my experience (and my experience with negs in the astral is many- see my topic just posted), you know a neg when you meet one. Sure, they disguise themselves; I even had one that habitually diguised himself as my husband - UGH - but you just have to "reach in" to them to tell the difference.

And how do you define a neg anyway? I've met one or two that were TRULY evil (and #$% scary), but the majority of "negative" entities are just harmless doofuses with intentions that aren't 100% honourable for one reason or another. I've met a few who were just outcasts. I don't think these can really do you any harm; theyre not powerful enough.

Just like the physical world, it takes all types in the afterlife. Its not up to us to judge their intentions. We can only speculate about what they might be.

Meg x
"...listening like the orange tree..."  - John Shaw Neilson

http://journeytothecentre.blogspot.com

Leyla

As far as the christian teaching that every spirit you see is demonic, I have never heard a preacher, minister, pastor or priest say otherwise.

If you want to be scared senseless just tune into John Haggie sometime, on channel 14. Not only does he preach that anything new age is satanic, he says that the ability to see and communicate with spirits is a clear mark that this person has willingly signed a contract with satan.

The he proceeds to read several verses stating "let none be found among you wh consort with spirits" Then states that god will bring about our "extermination," after which the HUGE congregation rises to their feet in wild applause.

Now I ask, what id he jus tell them to do? He told them to kill us. He is more than aware of Wicca, and often froths at the mouth in an enraged frenzy that we are trying to enslave the nation through Harry Potter books, and that we sacrifice babies to our goddess.

Then the camera pans to the audience to show their horrified expressions.
People are believing every word.  I think Torquamada has been reincarnated and he's trying to incite the witch hunting all over again.

As for my ghost, it's not angelic, but I don't think its  a "neg" either. by your definition anyting and everything could be easily classified as "neg behavior."

phanteprotectsme

You go leyla! Christian beliefs ARE that way. we are not satanic because we can see and do things that others may not and may not want to. i dont know exactly how this topic turned into this, but, i do like a little of the way it has gone. Thank you for understanding about what SOOO many people are like. I'm Wiccan now and people are so discriminative towards me. I would hate to see what happens when they find out that i see things that some people don't.

I wish you luck on your journey to finding what your punk chick thing is and finding what your little spirit is. I think that it very well could be a playful, childish ghost or poltergeist that means no harm, but likes you a lot.[;)]

Allanon

I am curious if anyone here has ever had experiences with what I would call a reptilian like spirit entity that superimposes itslef over your body. I have seen this particular type of spirit A LOT!! It is kinda weird I must say. When I meditate on my face in the mirror it will begin to morph and change into a reptile like image. I might add that this type of experience is greatly induced by the use of some fungal friends!!! When peaking on this expereince it is almost like there is a battle between something inside of me and this snake/reptile force. I can actually see my skin shimmer and morph into a reptilian type of appearance. I am sure that this would be considered a "neg". Has anyone here had expereinces with the snake?

Leyla

Oh dear. My friend is ino this whole conspericay theory about the reptile/lizard people who are really aliens disguising themselves on earth. It has somehihng to do with the government and the rockafellers and the pope and ancient babalyon.

Apparently it's a wildly popular  theory going around in a lot of conspiracy theory books lately.

As for all you "neg" happy folks out there- I've decided I have a simple ghost. A relative who passed near the time of my birth who drops in now and again.  I've seen enough sylvia brown and john edwrad to figure it out.

Patty

Hi!

I have some thoughts about the snake but I'll put them in the other thread that has snake in the title.

You know what, we can't possibly "know" for certain whether something is a neg or not, so that leaves us with the choice of whether to treat an experience like the one described, on instinct or not. Leyla's instincts are that this punker and her ghost are both harmless. Faceless' instincts seem to be otherwise.

I think as long as each of us are doing their best (trying to act out of decent motivation and so on,) we shouldn't get caught up in defining every spirit that comes along. It's a waste of energy. Besides which, plenty of people NOT on this board, would say that NONE of it was any more than a weird misfiring of neurons causing some strange hallucinatory states. Well, their instincts tell them that! There are a lot of opinions in the world!

Faceless

Firstly I never said that the ghost was harmful, not all negs are. Things happen in the background (of your consciousness that is) that are "negative", not necessarily harmful and most certainly not apparent. A ghost doesnt have to be evil and a "pro at scaring" to be a neg. Negs want different things and not all of them are interested in scaring people. And just because you do a protection ritual on yourself doesnt make you immune to negs, nothing will make you immune to them.

Secondly YES YOU CAN TELL IF A ENTITY IS A NEG. If the spirit isnt a neg it wont leave any confusion on the matter. You will know if its good because it will make sure you know. However a lot of negs disguise themselves as "good" but only a neg wont be able to prove it.

I wasnt brought up with any religios beliefs at all. I dont know the difference between a catholic and a protestant.

Sorry Leyla but if all you can do to counter my points is make assumptions about my spiritual upbringing and not give any actual proof then im not even gonna bother trying to help anymore (yes HELP thats what I was trying to do).

It seems to me that you are just looking for any reason to believe that its anything other than a neg, and wont even entertain the idea that it might be a neg. First its a childhood playmate, then a guardian angel, and now a dead relative...

Oh and about using gullable TV mediums as a source of information... *slowly shakes head* tut tut tut.

Leyla

I have a ghost of sorts in my house, it locks doors and knocks over glasses and such, so I decided I'd go OBE to communicate with it. Using the interrupted sleep meathod I concentrated very hard- too hard- when I popped out there were two of me (???)
I have heard of this soul splitting before. It was like looking in a mirror. At first I just assumed I was looking at my own body. But I don't think I was.
The ghost wasn't there at the time, but I have this nice lead crystal hanging over my bed and I saw it glowing with purple and pink energy. I called this energy to me and it floated acrosss the room in the shape of an orb and landed in my cupped hands.
For some reason, when I was looking at my soul double, (same effect as staring into a mirror) she/I was wearing a red leather jacket, and had bright red hair. I have noticed that I am dressed strange on the astral.  One time I looked down and saw myself in torn fishnet stockings. And now I see myself in a red leather jacket, with crayon red hair too. For some reason I am a punk-rock chick on the astral plane. weird.
If anyone has any idea what the significance of this is, please let me know.
Any-hoo, I wandered into my room-mates room and saw her playing with her clock radio. Later that day I asked her what she had done when she got home from work, sure enough she said she had set the alarm on her clock radio. When I told had been out of body and seen her, she said she had "felt a presence" but assumed it was our ghost.
I'm so glad I finally got a handel on this- it's taken me eight years from my first OBE to finally do it on purpose!