SP - What do you see?

Previous topic - Next topic

r1c1

Just wondering if everyone else is the same. When I'm in Sleep Psralysis mode all I can see is black. No dreams, images or anything........just darkness. Is this what everyone sees?

Szaxx

Some of us don't see sleep paralysis.
We don't get this effect at all.
It's only a milestone of sorts where your body is starting its sleep cycle.
When you have become more experienced it happens less often as it appears your shift in concious awareness changes sooner. It occurs before the onset allowing faster 'exits'.
I'd not worry about what you see, as it's not the end result you are seeking.

The blackness is a n initial part of the routine. Stay relaxed in it and just be passive.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Lionheart

Quote from: r1c1 on October 31, 2013, 18:27:57
Just wondering if everyone else is the same. When I'm in Sleep Psralysis mode all I can see is black. No dreams, images or anything........just darkness. Is this what everyone sees?
Peer into that darkness deeper and you shall see much more!  :-)

There's a whole new reality just waiting behind that darkness. The trick is, you have to show how much you want to see it. You do this by maintaining your focus and reigning in any fears you have, that might sideline your current experience. Just a "thought" is all there is between success or failure now.  :wink:

Ellis91

Quote from: Lionheart on November 01, 2013, 02:49:00
Peer into that darkness deeper and you shall see much more!  :-)

There's a whole new reality just waiting behind that darkness. The trick is, you have to show how much you want to see it. You do this by maintaining your focus and reigning in any fears you have, that might sideline your current experience. Just a "thought" is all there is between success or failure now.  :wink:

great post, gonna be re-reading this before I attempt in a few hours. Must remember to 'prove myself'.
Still trying to get the hang of the Bedeekin style SP induction, posts like yours and szaxx's here are
exactly why I'm always dropping by this forum.

Edit: and as for TC's question, I personally just experience strong vibrations and then pop out, no spooky sounds and such so far and definitely no sense of being unable to move. Different for everyone it seems? :)
The Astral Pulse Astral Police Cop Department. (APAPCD)
Keeping you safe from old hags with pillows since 2011

phaseshiftR1111

One time I was in sleep paralysis and my eyes were open. They weren't my physical eyes so I guess I separated and didn't get out. I was still very new at astral projection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nvnk4cooxU

I saw something basically identical to this. It just walked across my hall and looked at me and moved on. There was also a shadow figure starring at me sitting on my bed.

This never startled me. I was so interested. Did I manifest it? Who knows. I loved the experience. =D

raditus

Once, I forced my eyes open during a SP episode. i did not see anything but blackness. That and a pulsing light. the light was muted blue and muted pink in color and just flashed around like a police light. That was it. 

JesusGonzalez

I have a couple different experiences while in sleep paralysis.When im in sleep paralysis everything is white for me (well most of the time it is).As in the furniture in my house,my sheets etc.Also once i saw a floating "Hag"/Witch flying across my room.She flew to about almost touching my face.SHe was just screaming.But i wasnt scared so she left.

EscapeVelocity

Aaaahhh the Night Hag coming to take a shot at you! And you had the right response- no fear! So she took off...

A couple months ago, I was on the verge of a RTZ exit and was struggling to lift out. Suddenly a young woman, having a really bad hair day, was leaning over close to my face and screaming at me. She caught me off guard, so I screamed back, and the two of us just screamed at each other in harmony for a few seconds; then I realized what was happening, smiled and started beaming PUL at her and she disappeared in a poof!
Then I fell asleep...
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

johndarke

It's been years since I had an SP episode, but when I did, a few times I thought I could see a dim, shadow-like outline of my ceiling/room (like I was seeing through a bed sheet or dark sunglasses).

soarin12

I've seen shadow figures come across the room over to me and once a woman who I could see very clearly, came and sat by me on the bed. I'm not prone to fear once I'm out of body, but while in the SP stage I am. Because of this I decided I didn't want to see anything til I was out, and just by having that intent, I was able to shut off my astral vision.  These days I don't need to bother with any of that because I shift very quickly.  I feel a slightly paralyzed feeling for just a second or two and then I shift.  I don't know why I shift quicker now.  It just happened.

mkj

I got SP once while sleeping on my side (I usually sleep on my back) but nothing happened except being stuck.

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on March 29, 2014, 18:19:55
Aaaahhh the Night Hag coming to take a shot at you! And you had the right response- no fear! So she took off...

A couple months ago, I was on the verge of a RTZ exit and was struggling to lift out. Suddenly a young woman, having a really bad hair day, was leaning over close to my face and screaming at me. She caught me off guard, so I screamed back, and the two of us just screamed at each other in harmony for a few seconds; then I realized what was happening, smiled and started beaming PUL at her and she disappeared in a poof!
Then I fell asleep...
lmao! Sorry, but this was so funny. :lol: Though the thought of having a screaming match with a tantrum-throwing hag sounds much less scarier in my head than the actual experience, I would imagine.