News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

spontaneous OBE

Previous topic - Next topic

soarin12

Hello everyone.  I'm new to the forum.  I had my first OBE about a year ago.  I knew OBEs existed but had no knowledge about how they happen and had never read anything at all about them so it was quite a shock when it spontaneously happened to me.  I got into bed one night and really wasn't tired at all.  I just lay there for a while with my eyes closed.  I remember hearing some strange noises, feeling vibrations, and then there was a feeling of being "sucked away."  It felt as though my body was going one way and my mind another.  Then I began to levitate straight up in the air.  As I was rising I saw the room I was in perfectly.  (It happened to be the living room because I had gone to sleep on the couch.)  As I was rising and looking around the room I was thinking to myself OMG I can't believe this is actually happening!!  I got about 6 feet in the air and then started traveling around the room.  It seemed natural to be able to just float anywhere I wanted to go.  I was pretty excited about what was happening and wanted to share it with someone so I flew into my daughter's room (right through the door) and saw her sleeping in bed.  I then tried to wake her up. --a pretty dumb thing to do in hind sight.  If I'd been successful she'd have been scared to death!  What actually happened was that when I shook her to awaken her, she sat up but it wasn't my daughter's face.  I tried to talk to her but she acted drunk and the things she said didn't make sense.  At that point I felt disappointed because I knew the experience was no longer based in reality.  Then I felt nervous that I should return to my body and so I did.  When I woke up I was astounded at the experience and went to the computer to research OBEs.  Amazing to see all the other people having the same kinds of experiences as I did.

The next morning I had another spontaneous OBE only this time when I separated my vision wasn't clear.  Luckily I had read about this in my research the night before and knew what to do.  I said "perfect clarity!" and I immediately could see perfectly.  This time I swooshed away up into space.  I saw the stars and some beautiful space gasses of some sort.  They were swirls of purple. Then I thought to myself that I shouldn't go out too far.  I could get lost!  So I stopped flying and was then sucked back to earths atmosphere.  I then soared over the tree tops.  I had a panoramic view of mountains and trees that was breath taking.  I've never felt so free in my life and I also felt so humbled and grateful to be having this beautiful experience.

What was interesting was that after these two experiences where everything just happened without me trying, the vibrations would come nightly, but I didn't separate.  I thought, what's going on?  Why aren't I going anywhere?  I finally figured out that if I wanted to go out, I would have to actually try to separate myself.  I learned from my research how to wriggle or roll out.  It was also interesting that about a month before my OBEs started I had been praying rather intensely to God (I'm Christian) every day that I would be closer to him.  Was this the answer to my prayer?  Did someone from the "other side" help me out those first 2 times?  I can't be sure but I tend to think so.  Thanks for listening everyone!  Your posts have been so helpful and inspirational!

roman67

Welcome to AP forums and welcome back in the world of OBE's. Lol. Amazing OBE"s. Thanks for sharing it and enjoy your stay.

ChopstickFox

Welcome!! That sounds so exciting! Oh my goodness! I'd love to fly up to space!! Don't be afraid of not being able to find your way back. You are completely safe! Distance is nothing! Wow! Don't limit yourself! Explore to your heart's content!
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Astralzombie

Hello Soarin12 and welcome.

I too, was introduced to all of this spontaneously only I let fear grip me. I admire you for your ability to just embrace what was happening in the moment.

That was years ago and I am a completely new and, I believe, a better person.

Have you had any more OOBE's since your first two?
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

soarin12

Yes, I've had many OOBEs since my first two.  I've only been in space twice though, and would really love to get there again.  I usually just end up roaming around either my house or other houses.  I had gotten side tracked for a while trying to validate the experiences by having my daughter draw a picture and put it on top of the refrigerator.  Then I go OOB and I tell her what she drew.  Well no luck yet.  I either end up in the wrong house or on the wrong refrigerator.  The one time I got to the right place, there just wasn't enough light for me to be able to see what was on the paper.  Not that I'm giving up but I think i need some new goals.  As for fear, I seem to have a natural level of courage when I'm OOB, but I've had a horrible time with fear in the trance/SP stage before going OOB. About 50% of the time, extremely creepy things happen and that's putting it mildly.  Wish I could skip over SP but it's the only way I know how to go OOB.  It's been a big test for me and still continues to be.  Thanks for the warm welcome and advice, everyone!

Astralzombie

Quote from: soarin12 on March 06, 2013, 17:03:22
Yes, I've had many OOBEs since my first two.  I've only been in space twice though, and would really love to get there again.  I usually just end up roaming around either my house or other houses.  I had gotten side tracked for a while trying to validate the experiences by having my daughter draw a picture and put it on top of the refrigerator.  Then I go OOB and I tell her what she drew.  Well no luck yet.  I either end up in the wrong house or on the wrong refrigerator.  The one time I got to the right place, there just wasn't enough light for me to be able to see what was on the paper.  Not that I'm giving up but I think i need some new goals.  As for fear, I seem to have a natural level of courage when I'm OOB, but I've had a horrible time with fear in the trance/SP stage before going OOB. About 50% of the time, extremely creepy things happen and that's putting it mildly.  Wish I could skip over SP but it's the only way I know how to go OOB.  It's been a big test for me and still continues to be.  Thanks for the warm welcome and advice, everyone!

You can also have OOBE's by projecting from a dream and skip the SP. These can be more intense as far as the places and people to see. I'm sure you already know there is nothing at all to fear. Unless you like scaring yourself, but you'll recognize that for what it is.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

mr_coffee

Sounds like wonderful experiences.  I also had these experiences when I was very young up until right now in my late 20's.  Although I was always too afraid to let myself continue to float, I would simply start screaming and wake myself up.  If I felt a bad entity near me I would fear it greatly which fed it to become more powerful.  It wasn't until I realized fear is nothing but your own limitations of acceptance.   My first OBE was thanks to the entities that use to scare me, now when they come by they are instantly transformed into pure bliss and vibrational energy. So never be afraid to comfort or do anything in the non-physical as your limitations will come up and influence everything around you.  If you attack these "bad entities" in a negative matter it won't fix anything.  You must embrace them with love which completely transforms their relationship with you. 

The experiment you're trying you should increase the size of everything to increase success (or so I heard).  Make it simply as well, like a big number or letter.   But I wouldn't get to caught up on trying to validate the 2nd energy level you were experiencing.  Usually in the 2nd energy level everything looks like a replicated copy of the physical although there will be distortions.   The real spiritual grow experiences can be found in much higher frequency energy levels.  You can visit these areas by requesting firmly and believing in all your soul your request will be granted. 

You can say "I go inward" or "my energy frequency increases" or you can ask something like "Show me my true self", "Give me the healing energy of the universe", etc. If you see something that looks physical or from this reality ask to see its energy source and see what happens.  From my recent experiences you may feel a intense rushing feeling or maybe even a feeling of being sucked into something.  Once you open your eyes make sure you ask for clarity or ask to "adapt to the environment" if you feel uncomfortable. 

Some books I've been reading have mentioned to ask big questions and see what happens.  Everyone will have different experiences of course but its always fun to try!

Also the whole talk of energy levels, frequencies, etc could all be false, its simply a deduction from what i've read and made valid from personal experiences.  But the fact I read the theories first before trying to OBE means they could highly influence my experiences and method of travel in the non-physical.
"Reality is relative to the vibrational density of the observer."
http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
http://technonug.deviantart.com/

soarin12

Thanks, its all bad.  I will have to try projecting from a dream.  How do you do that anyway?  Is it just a matter of willing yourself to fly and commanding the dream to be what you want it to be?

Mr. Coffee, Wow! You've given me a lot to ponder.  How long did it take you to be able to love the bad entities?  Did you have any "revelations" along the way that helped you to achieve this?  Once when I was in the vibrational state, I was just hanging out praying, when suddenly a big "poof" of love hit me.  It lasted about 10 seconds.  It was so powerful and sudden and just "melted" me.  Is this what people mean by PUL?  (Pure unconditional love energy)  Iv'e heard of people giving it to other beings --bad and good.

As far as asking for big things, once I was in the vibrational state and ready to launch and I said "take me to the place where people go when they die!"  I didn't mean heaven-- I had read that a few people have visited this transitional place where people prepare for their next state of existence--whatever that may be.  Immediately I had a vision of an older man with grey hair.  He said to me "You're not ready."  The vision disappeared and another vision immediately appeared of a woman sitting on her bed wearing only underwear.--naked on top.  It wasn't sexual --I just had the feeling this woman was getting ready for bed. She simply said  "She's not ready."  Then the vision disappeared, the vibrations stopped and that was it.  I guess the common consensus is that I'm not ready! lol.  I'm sure my fear issues lie at the heart of it.

Thanks for the great advice.  I love to hear about how OOBEs have led to spiritual growth in peoples' lives. That's what I'm after.  I believe we're all here to become more loving and compassionate beings.

Astralzombie

While dreaming, have you ever noticed something that was weird but you just let it go for the sake of the dream's story line?

For instance, I have dreams all the time about people that I know very well but the person portraying them in the dream is unknown to me or is just someone else entirely. This always stands out to me. When it does, that raises my level of awareness enough to stop and question it while the dream is playing out.

For example, I'll say something like, "Okay, you're not my uncle so who the heck are you really?" This really screws up the narrative of the dream and raise your awareness to another level. Just keep questioning details and soon enough, you'll be able to leave that dream and go where ever you want.

It does take a little time to do this because it's hard in the beginning to gain control even after you have a little awareness but if you keep thinking about it as a a goal, your consciousness won't let you down.

These types of projections can be more vivid to you but the problem early on is that since we are in a deeper state of sleep, we tend to dismiss these experiences as just another fantastic dream, or a lucid dream. With time, you will know that you know there is a difference. If you keep an open mind, you will become convinced.

We all have these little quirks in our dreams and they are there, if for no other reason, to raise our awareness.

Good luck.
Mark Twain

soarin12

Ok.  Makes sense.  I'm definitely going to give that a try.  Thank you!

Astralzombie

The best advice that I have received and can give pertaining to this is to just drop every preconceived idea or notion that you have about OOBE's. Always keep an open mind.

Just observe if you are unsure and explore like Columbus when you are confident. There is absolutely nothing to fear at any time or under any conditions but this is easier said than to know in the beginning. You have already demonstrated a ton more courage than I had initially.

If you jump to conclusions, you'll convince yourself of something that will limit your ability to see things as they really are. And what they really are is anybody's guess, but I can tell you for a fact that this is all natural, all good, and supposed to happen...At least this is true me that is. You'll realize some things differently but that is what I would hope. We can all see for ourselves.

I believe the truth of what all this is about is so much more beautiful then we can imagine.

That is my prayer for all of us.

Mark Twain

mr_coffee

Quote from: soarin12 on March 07, 2013, 04:00:04
Mr. Coffee, Wow! You've given me a lot to ponder.  How long did it take you to be able to love the bad entities?  Did you have any "revelations" along the way that helped you to achieve this?  Once when I was in the vibrational state, I was just hanging out praying, when suddenly a big "poof" of love hit me.  It lasted about 10 seconds.  It was so powerful and sudden and just "melted" me.  Is this what people mean by PUL?  (Pure unconditional love energy)  Iv'e heard of people giving it to other beings --bad and good.

Thanks for the great advice.  I love to hear about how OOBEs have led to spiritual growth in peoples' lives. That's what I'm after.  I believe we're all here to become more loving and compassionate beings.

The feelings and what you get out of them is purely unique I feel.  Based on your background and beliefs it will highly influence your OBE's.  I did have a revelation that did make me change my views on fear and it was backed up by one of my OBE's where I transformed fear into pure bliss which showed me two things, #1.  I'm the only one I need to fear in the non-physical, and #2.  Surround yourself by positive things and people as love spreads like a virus just like hate/fear.

My background has conditioned me to be highly adaptive and loving (dealing with chronic pain 24/7 and the wheelchair which isn't bad at all once you get use to it).   I discovered in my mid twenties to not allow negative thoughts or feelings stay in my mind for too long.  I simply observe them as they pass me by almost like wind blowing through your hair.  You can sense the feeling but you don't let it bother you or distract you from your current mindset.  Also external stimulus like pain can be transformed into pleasure, this works great if you have chronic pain.  I did this by realizing if I was born into pain then I wouldn't know any difference.  Its only because I was use to living without pain for so long that I feel pain is a bad thing.  Any type of stress in your life can be avoided by realizing you survived today and are still in one piece.  Once you have something devastating happening to you, you realize how lucky we are to be alive and you don't worry about the small things in life anymore (or this is how I handled it anyways). 

Fear though for me was different feeling than hate or sadness.  I have a very big imagination and I feel my mind is naturally drawn to darkness.  My favorite form of art is dark in nature and its very easy to picture very dark/disturbing images very clearly.  I also enjoy creating my own art which is usually dark in nature. I don't feel this is a bad thing but I'll let it get the best of me sometimes and I'll freak myself out to the point where I can feel things touching me although they really aren't.  My imagination can get so wild that it can make me have a physical response to it such as feeling something is literally touching my skin when in fact it isn't. 

My turning point where I realized I had nothing to fear but myself was during a psychedelic experience.  I immersed myself in darkness and felt warm and welcomed.  I had nothing to fear I realized, the only reason I feared darkness in the first place was because I had a preconceived idea that darkness was bad.  As soon as you toss that out the window you realize darkness can be just as enjoyable as light. 

I then put this idea into action.  The next time I went into the "quiet spot" where its ideal to project into the non-physical I had a dark entity come towards me, immediately it felt like it was choking me.  At first I was startled as this usually never happened but then I realized it was me who was choking myself.  I was holding my breathe when it came near me which in turn cut off my source of oxygen which I blamed on the entity.  Once I realized this I began to breath normal again and Immediately the choking sensation went away.  I then realized this dark entity wasn't bad at all.  I was my own enemy.  As soon as I welcomed the entity completely it transformed from a bad feeling into an amazing high frequency vibration that felt warm and loving.  From then on out I still feel the fear for a few seconds when in the "quiet zone" but then I instantly turn it into love again, sometimes it starts out as love now which never occurred until after I had this revelation. 

Zagadka

Mr_coffee, it's funny because years ago, I did the same thing as you while on psychedelics! It was midnight, I looked outside and in fear I knew I would be going out in the woods to confront darkness. I walked out and on a rock in the middle of a brook, I sat down, and closed my eyes to look further at the darkness! When I opened them again, I was astonished to find so much light within the darkness! I wandered in the woods as I had conquered my fear! ;)

mr_coffee

I can truly say with all my heart illegal substances and OBE's have changed my life for the better.  Its sad so many will die without expeirencing such mind opening experiences.   I guess sharing stories is one way to share the light  :-D

soarin12

Yea, I know a couple of guys from my church who were on psychedelics and came to Christ because of them.  Many would think it a contradiction but that's how they were introduced to the light.  Iv'e had trouble with some other Christians telling me that AP is opposed to the faith. --That you just open yourself up to the realm of evil.  On the surface that would seem to be true considering all the "demonic" type experiences Iv'e had. But in hearing every one's stories I'm finding Jesus' words to be exactly what one learns through OOBEs.  Such as " Perfect love casts out all fear."  and  " I assure you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you can do things like this and much more.  You can even say to this mountain, go throw yourself into the sea and it will happen.  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." --love replacing fear and the belief (or faith) that you can do or create anything--no limits!!

Mr_coffee, I've also experienced changing pain into pleasure/bliss.  I suffer from migraines and on several occasions I've been able to change the worst splitting headache into an incredible blissful pleasurable feeling.  I achieved this through the same two concepts mentioned above.  Love and a strong belief that this was possible and would happen.

Thanks for sharing your stories!  They are so helpful to me.