Spontaneous Projection

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostlight2013

This experience is very important to me, it saved me from giving up on the hope of ACTUALLY projecting instead of just recounting short experiences from my dreams. So with that being said, i thought that i would take some time to share with you ladies and gentlemen the experience that quite literally changed my life.

It was a normal night like any other, i had given up on Conscious Astral Projection altogether. I had been 'trying' to project for about 10 years at this point. I know some people can do it in days...others take years and some...a life time. I wasn't ready for that commitment, or at least i thought i wasnt ready. I had work the next morning and it was getting late (by a work day standard) so i thought it was time to turn in for the night. I looked at my phone, it read about 0115 am.

I laid down in bed and my head hit the pillow, almost instantly a peaceful wave of relaxation spread over me, my mind was still, i was prepared for a beautiful nights sleep. When suddenly it happened. There was a "Snap!" and next thing i know, i was floating over my body. No sensations, no vibrations...nothing. It seemed the stars aligned and gave me the experience i so desperately sought for all these years. But the funniest part about it, i wasnt the least bit excited, it felt natural.

I could see my room perfectly fine, even with the lights off, its almost like being outside with a full moon. The first thing i noticed was how heavy my physical body really is! 150 pounds doesnt feel like much until you literally weigh nothing! So i decided i would do a little exploring, i wasnt going to waste this golden nugget of an experience. So i decided to move around a little bit. In whatever direction i wanted to move, i thought of moving in that direction and i did. The feel of movement was enhanced, everything was to be honest, all of my senses were multiplied greatly. My consciousness wasn't fading, not one bit, i was completely conscious and i thought that was truly amazing. Then i figured, lets really go explore. I floated towards my door and as i got to it someone just materialized out of thin air and i was shocked by who it was.

One of my really good friends had passed away in 2005, she was someone i loved greatly and because of her death my teenage life took a depressing spiral (i wont disclose all the nitty gritty). Anyways, she was more beautiful then i had EVER seen her in the physical life. We made eye contact, her face was expressionless but i felt the love that she had for me...but i also felt sadness. This wave of emotions threw me through a loop and i felt like i was being stretched apart and my consciousness began to slip, i remember a tunnel and after what felt like seconds later,  i was back in my body. I looked down at the phone again and it was 0124...only 9 minutes had past.

Did i get the beautiful nights sleep i was planning on, hell no. However something more incredible than i could have EVER imagined happened to me that night. That experience will stick firm in my memories no matter how many experiences i have...it was my first after all. Also it put me back on the path to practicing astral projection again. I wouldnt have traded that experience for anything in the world, it was truly amazing.

Arithmetic

Wow! Amazing story, thanks so much for sharing! I love reading things like this because it fills me with hope that, when the time is right, it WILL happen :)

I'm glad that you had such a beautiful experience and I wish you many more.

seapony

That's a wonderful experience....reminds me of my first (remembered) experience...it changed my life too...

I had been caring for my ill mother, and was totally exausted...so I lay down to sleep and a moment later
heard a voice call my name....so I got up, thinking it was my mother, but then realized that I had left my body on the bed,
and that there was a soft golden mist in  an area were there was normally a wall and window...
So I walked towards and then into it...And there was a dear, dear friend who had died just a year before.
He held out his hand to me and we sat together on a log, surrounded by this mist. Neither of us spoke. I don't know
how long we sat there. Then he stood up and held his hand out to me, and indicated that I could go with him....
I some how just KNEW that he was offering me death. (and I was so tired and stress that I had wished for death at the time...)
But I looked at him, and then back the way I had come, back towards my body, and said "No...I would love to be with you
and free of this pain, but she needs me...(Meaning my ill mother...) I have to go back." He just smiled at me sadly...
And I walked back and 'woke up' into my body.

This was over thirty years ago ! And I have had many more experiences since then too.

I have found over time that fitting back into my body is like putting on a glove that's
to tight ! :lol:

Astralzombie

I'm glad that you finally had the experience that you've been working for. Ten years is a long time and no one would have blamed you for giving up.

Though I believe everyone projects, not everyone is ready to do so consciously and remember the experiences. Like you said, it can and usually does change your life forever. Many people just aren't ready for that. It forces you to reexamine your belief systems as well as your concept of reality. That's a lot to put on your plate even when you think you are ready for it.

Many people try to astral project because they think it sounds like a fun thing to do and most probably don't really expect anything to happen. Some people are fortunate to have been raised to keep an open mind while others, like me, were raised with a very rigid world view and it completely rocked my world.

Sorry for the cheesy cliche but I believe it is appropriate in my case. :-D
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

MusicSoulFae

had one yesterday...i had been reading on posts here, & decided to scan my apartment to find out what areas needed 'light'? Why i felt like i wasn't the only one in here, or more like i was in someone else house {a guest, vs tenant}. As i started to focus on kitchen, i felt self AP into kitchen, & there standing in front of me was the outline of a male. When i saw him, i tried to stay calm & ignore him. By my body reactions,i knew its the same person i'd been seeing before, as to why i have had issues falling asleep. Yet as i realized i'd seen this before, & have been "dreaming" of him for last few days, i bolted back into body, especially when he became aware i saw him...and had issues falling back into sleep. I finally did when i left light on kitchen, to lighten area, & aware that it is related to the male that lives next door. As i've been dealing with things, he's been ruder lately. At points in the past, moving through discomforts in bed, i'd get glimpses of him looking at me.

On another note, I found self AP fast when i decided to not focus on whats in house, or around me...but i found self in NYC area? with many others? all worried about some nuclear power plant issue occuring. Anyone else had something like this lately? or know any related news occuring in these areas?