LowLight’s OBE/AP experiences

Previous topic - Next topic

LowLight

Hello all, my first experience below occurred in the summer of 2017 (to the best of my memory). The text is actually copy pasted from an email I sent to a known author on the subject, but felt it accurately described the experience and was simpler than trying to re-write it.

I'm not religious, but have tried praying many times throughout my life. This night I decided instead of asking god for answers, I honestly opened my heart and asked for the spirit of the universe, whatever that was, to give me some kind of guidance.

I was suddenly no longer in my body. I was in what seemed like space, surrounded by stars, in some kind of giant collective consciousness. It was bizarre, because it felt as though I was both with others in a formless energy, but still separate enough to recognize myself. I felt as though I was somewhere in space, because I remember feeling as though Earth was in a particular direction, but distance didn't really have any meaning.

I was suddenly fully aware that my life on Earth was a decision I had made, that it was an experience I chose to have, but wasn't my natural state. I was overwhelmed with compassion for everyone and made a decision to return to this experience and see it through.

When I came back to my body, I had several revelations about my existence. I knew that this world was just an experience, I knew that life wasn't confined to this experience. I had a deep sense of caring for my wife, children and family, and felt that I had a responsibility to help assist them with their own experiences here. The next few days really impacted me the most. For three days I had the most intense feeling of euphoria I've ever experienced.

I was so absolutely relieved, and honestly felt the weight of the world I normally carried on my shoulders was simply gone. I understood that all the things that I worry about all the time were truly unimportant, and that kindness and love were what really mattered.

Before this occurred, I had struggled with depression my whole life. I've fought suicidal thoughts, and believe I've stuck around this long a lot of times for other people, but truly agonized over the depression. That all went away completely after that night. I truly believe I've been a better husband, father and friend since. It had a profound effect on me.

One last odd thing, for several weeks after the event, when I closed my eyes I could for lack of a better term, adjust my focus and start the see the darkness open up begin to see stars and at least it felt as though I was almost able to exit this reality and go back to the state I was in during the experience, but some noise or distraction would always pull me back to my body.

LowLight

My second experience occurred on December 26, 2018. After the first experience I began reading as much as I could find on the subject, and one night this happened (again, copy pasted from a follow up email I sent to the same author):

One morning I became aware I was having a lucid dream, and then began to feel an intense vibrating. This is where your work and previous interviews helped me. I recognized the vibrations and thought to myself "this is it, go" and I immediately shot straight out of my body, through the ceiling into the dark night sky! I went pretty high and suddenly got scared about leaving my body "unattended", and then immediately sat up in bed, in slight shock, but thanks to the info you and others have shared, I understood what happened and why I was thrust back into my body. I sat up, looked at my wife sleeping, saw the clock (4:30am), sank back in bed and thought "Wow!"

Lumaza

Quote from: LowLight on July 26, 2019, 14:30:34
I was suddenly fully aware that my life on Earth was a decision I had made, that it was an experience I chose to have, but wasn't my natural state. I was overwhelmed with compassion for everyone and made a decision to return to this experience and see it through.

When I came back to my body, I had several revelations about my existence. I knew that this world was just an experience, I knew that life wasn't confined to this experience. I had a deep sense of caring for my wife, children and family, and felt that I had a responsibility to help assist them with their own experiences here. The next few days really impacted me the most. For three days I had the most intense feeling of euphoria I've ever experienced.

I was so absolutely relieved, and honestly felt the weight of the world I normally carried on my shoulders was simply gone. I understood that all the things that I worry about all the time were truly unimportant, and that kindness and love were what really mattered.

Before this occurred, I had struggled with depression my whole life. I've fought suicidal thoughts, and believe I've stuck around this long a lot of times for other people, but truly agonized over the depression. That all went away completely after that night. I truly believe I've been a better husband, father and friend since. It had a profound effect on me.

One last odd thing, for several weeks after the event, when I closed my eyes I could for lack of a better term, adjust my focus and start the see the darkness open up begin to see stars and at least it felt as though I was almost able to exit this reality and go back to the state I was in during the experience, but some noise or distraction would always pull me back to my body.

It seems your eyes are opening now and you are ready to see and learn anew.

Many of the lessons that we get in the NPR (non physical realms/Otherworlds) open our eyes to new truths. When we are ready to finally accept them, they reveal themselves.
Take a look at this thread I created to understand a bit more on that. I have seen and learnt things in the NPR that have completely turned my World upside down.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/tests_quests_and_challenges-t46546.0.html
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

Lumaza

Quote from: LowLight on July 26, 2019, 14:35:43
I recognized the vibrations and thought to myself "this is it, go" and I immediately shot straight out of my body, through the ceiling into the dark night sky!
I personally found this to be a crucial "no no". I can't tell you how many times I have awaken in mild or full SP or was in a Phase session when I thought "here we go" and the next thing I knew, it was over. For me personally I found that that was a "projection killer". Why, I don't know, but it took many failed experiences for me to finally see where I went wrong. I have heard other members through the years here at this Forum say the same thing as well.

Now when I find myself "ready to exit", I will just create a intent or just "trust" where I am supposed to be going or experiencing. I completely release my control over it and just observe. No overthinking, no expectations, I just keep in my mind, "take me to your desired destinations, show me what I need to see, teach me what I need to learn".
"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla

LowLight

Quote from: Lumaza on July 27, 2019, 03:18:07
It seems your eyes are opening now and you are ready to see and learn anew.

Many of the lessons that we get in the NPR (non physical realms/Otherworlds) open our eyes to new truths. When we are ready to finally accept them, they reveal themselves.
Take a look at this thread I created to understand a bit more on that. I have seen and learnt things in the NPR that have completely turned my World upside down.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/tests_quests_and_challenges-t46546.0.html

Thank you, I will check it out.

LowLight

Quote from: Lumaza on July 27, 2019, 03:27:13
Normally I personally found this to be a crucial "no no". I can't tell you how many times I have awaken in mild or full SP or was in a Phase session when I thought "here we go" and the next thing I knew, it was over. For me personally I found that that was a "projection killer". Why, I don't know but it took many failed experiences for me to finally see where I went wrong. I have heard other members through the years here at this Forum say the same thing as well.

Now when I find myself "ready to exit", I will just create a intent or just "trust" where I am supposed to be going or experiencing. I completely release my control over it and just observe. No overthinking, no expectations, I just keep in my mind, "take me to your desired destinations, show me what I need to see, teach me what I need to learn".

That makes sense. I was definitely not ready for it.

EscapeVelocity

Regarding your OP and first OBE to what you describe as "seemed like space, surrounded by stars, in some kind of giant collective consciousness".

It wasn't my particular experience, it was yours, but I have had similar experiences. This sounds like what we refer to as a Void experience. It is the 3D Void/Blackness/Darkness. Monroe actually identified it as Focus 15 in his map of the NPR. Most times, people don't experience themselves as a 'body', but often as a point of consciousness. The sense of floating and weightlessness can be disturbing for some, but most come to find this a wonderful place to relax and just 'be' for a time. It is a great place to just chill for awhile. Like you said, the weight of the world is left behind.

You recognized certain aspects to the Void and some very important personal and intuitional insights- the sense of your consciousness being one within a greater consciousness construct, the importance of love and kindness versus our Physical Reality worries, your 'navigational' understanding of where Earth was and the relative unimportance of time or distance within this environment.

This was a very profound and significant experience in your spiritual journey. You asked sincerely for guidance and you received an incredible response. There were a lot of insights available to learn in this experience and you appear to have recognized most of them; nicely done. During a quiet time, spend just a minute offering thanks to whomever delivered this experience; a little gratitude goes a long way.

If you find that you have a knack for returning to the Void, then do so. It is a great place to relax and recover but also you can ask questions and often receive answers. It is also a great 'jumping-off point' into the Astral. Those points of light I haven't really found to be stars, but you can pick one and move towards it. Or you can 'passively observe' the 'starfield' before you and notice the velvety-depth and texture of the darkness. Often an area within the darkness will begin to exert a gentle pull on you and you can move into it, which will often transport you into a new environment. Allow this to happen, always knowing that you are safe and you will likely have an adventure. This is where the fun can begin!

Awesome, isn't it?!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

LowLight

EV, thank you for your input! Yes, it was absolutely amazing. I will take your advice and spend some time offering thanks, I definitely felt that something had answered or responded to me.

I hadn't considered the points of light could be anything but stars. That said, there was no real reason to assume they were stars, I just interpreted them that way as that made sense to me. Off to do some reading abut the Void. Thank you again!

EscapeVelocity

I also thought they were stars the first time I saw them; maybe they are, but I eventually got the sense they were something else.

The Void is an interesting state, kind of an in-between area amongst many other areas: The Astral, the Dream zone, the Afterlife zone or however you wish to describe them. An aspect to utilizing the Void involves forming a coherent 'Intent' and expressing it properly. A purpose, person or destination you wish to experience. Learning to properly apply Intent is a big key to exploring Non-Physical Reality. Or you can simply chill in the Void...and maybe someone contacts you, like what happened with me in this experience that launched my deeper participation with the wonderful explorers at this website-

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/fieldtrip-t43624.0.html
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

LowLight

Quote from: EscapeVelocity on July 29, 2019, 04:05:03
I also thought they were stars the first time I saw them; maybe they are, but I eventually got the sense they were something else.

The Void is an interesting state, kind of an in-between area amongst many other areas: The Astral, the Dream zone, the Afterlife zone or however you wish to describe them. An aspect to utilizing the Void involves forming a coherent 'Intent' and expressing it properly. A purpose, person or destination you wish to experience. Learning to properly apply Intent is a big key to exploring Non-Physical Reality. Or you can simply chill in the Void...and maybe someone contacts you, like what happened with me in this experience that launched my deeper participation with the wonderful explorers at this website-

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/fieldtrip-t43624.0.html

Wow, great read, thank you! I'm going to sit down tonight and read the whole thread again and try to absorb some more of it.

LightBeam

These are great experiences, LowLight! Some APs can be revolutionary like the one you realized the purpose of existence. Once you truly do, everything starts making sense and you can easily find answers to many questions.
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Captain Jack Sparrow

LowLight

Quote from: LightBeam on July 30, 2019, 01:19:44
These are great experiences, LowLight! Some APs can be revolutionary like the one you realized the purpose of existence. Once you truly do, everything starts making sense and you can easily find answers to many questions.

Thanks LightBeam!

Well, I am happy to say I had a third experience. I've been listening to TMI's Gateway Experience Wave 1, and assume this is what triggered or facilitated this third OBE.

One day last week after taking my son to school, I decided to go back home and kill some time before heading to work. The house was empty, so figured it would be a great time to listen to track 3 and drift off to "Focus 10". I lay down, listened to the track, and when it ended I turned it off and decided I could sleep for a little bit before leaving (I was very relaxed).

I lay there and drifted in and the out of sleep, and woke up with an intense vibrating, so intense my hands were curling into fists. I tried to stand up but couldn't move, then finally made it out of bed. I didn't stand up, I lifted off the bed on my back, and floated toward the middle of the room, then rotated onto my feet.

I stood there for a few seconds before I realized I was out of body, then honestly got a little scared, thought about my body laying in bed (I was facing away from the bed, don't remember actually seeing my body). This shot me right back into my body and I sat up in bed, a little bewildered.