Summoning Astral lovers

Previous topic - Next topic

Janette_DuCharme

Hey Reiven glad you could contribute to my post!
Yes it is qutie normal to be visit by this mystery man, as I was visitied by mine as well before I even knew what astral projection was. He could in fact be your soul mate or even a guide, you must look further into it to be sure, ask yourself what kind of feelings arise when he is present, what type of mannerism is he presenting, and to go even more in depth compare it to a man that you would want in your life and see if theres any striking similarities :)

Janette

"When you only have eyes for the knight.."

BOATS

Very interesting post.  I think there is alot of validity to creating by thought.  In the beginning I have read God created the universe by simply taking the pure energy and thinking it into exsistence.  If you look around is not everything first an idea someone had and was then made materal. Just like to comment if I ever want to have a post that is sure to be read by everyone all I need do is title it with a reference to lovers or sex. Ha Ha.  I have awoken at times with a feeling of being in love alomst to the point of tears and sorry for having left someone but could not remember the dream.

Janette_DuCharme

Yes this is very common BOATS I believe that all of us are visited or do travel to an extent to reach another whether we are consciously aware of them or not, and the feelings are undeniable. Not to offend anyone but I dont follow christianity or any christian god related religion, so I'm not sure if I believe the thought of him creating the world but it i a valid point and something to be considered :)

Gandalf

Janette_DuCharme_

Hi!

I agree that we are all thought forms of some kind and that the universe itself could be said to be created in this way.
Of course, use of the terms 'god' or 'him' are simplifications just so we can discuss the basic concepts; however, I agree that gender-specific terminology should be phased out, although funnily enough, you don't hear this very often coming from the fem-dominated Wicca scene!

I subscribe to a pantheistic view of the universe as 'sentient'. However, by this i dont just mean the visable physical universe, although this is one view of so called 'naturalistic pantheism', which christian critics often make the mistake of assuming is the only type of pantheism.
I am of the other 'classic' persuasion that includes all the inner or astral worlds as well, not just the 'narrow band' that we perceive here.

Also, while naturalistic pantheism doesnt really view the 'all' as sentient as such, classical pantheism *does* believe that the 'all' is sentient, although way beyond our comprehension. For this reason I don't think it takes an active interest of us down here or is aware of itself down at our level, it probably has more interesting things to do. I think there is probably a pyramid heirarchy of beings, or 'aspects' of the 'all', some of which are much further down, near to our level who DO take an active interest. These make up all the many deities that humans perceive.

Right, that's bored everyone so I'll be off now!

;-)

Douglas

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

WardAlahra Andre

I have enjoyed reading this. I have many theories about the subject.
I do believe that if man can think of it, than it came from somwhere, if there is an All, then All exists. It is not unilateral, it has two poles and a third, made of equilibrium. What I'm talking about is, in truth, quadripolar: that if something comes to us from above, then something comes to us from bellow; that if something comes from us to bellow, then something comes from us to above. That if something comes to us, then something comes back from us and lastely, that if something comes from us then something will come back to us. Men is the creator and the created. We can all make our own astral beings, our own elementals, we can give them a mission and we can erase them too. Also, we can access to any idea from anyone, they all take shape and life at the astral. I don't think this is complicated. Every life form is within the astral, yet, we shall be treined to know how to separate their kinds: there are astral images, things without a spirit but energetic inclinations and animations; there are the larvaes who come to feed of our passions; there are the spectruns of our obsessions, the images of our very own toughts (it depends on the level in which you decide to use your sensibility), and all this lower things. Finally you can come to something with a spirit of it's own, if you know the fire of your own individual spirit you will know when you find another. I've said enough for today :p

Person

Speaking of God...
Wouldn't it be interesting if most of our religions are self-created?  1/3rd of the world is Christian.  I'm sure a real Jesus exists somewhere up there, as well as a true god, but what if each sect that paints a different picture of him actually creates him?  If it's true that a few year's worth of energy and imagination of the masses can create a Middle Earth, then what about a concept people have not only thought of but have been pouring their hearts out to for centuries?  Some sects worship a scary vengeful god that will smite them if they fall out of line, some a peaceful loving god.  Since we've never physically met god, there must be hundreds of different idea-gods, and maybe with enough energy can become somewhat sentient?  
There's a really neat computer game based on that idea called Black & White.  In the intro sequence, there is a small human tribe with no gods.  A child starts drowning and there is no time to save him, so the parents and onlookers pray with all there hearts for someone or something to help them.  Their thoughts do create a god, who saves the kid, reafirming their belief in their new god.  The idea of the game is to keep the tribe believing in you, which generates energy for miracles.  You can choose to throw them around and set fires.. really effective and gets strong belief, but, you're killing off your villagers :)  The idea is to build up a tribe and conquer a neighboring tribe with their own god, and either kill them or win them over.  
Really makes you wonder about all those Roman myths.  Thoughts?
-Person

Gandalf

Hi Person!

I agree with much that you are saying. I believe that in totality there is the 'all' which for terminology sake we can call 'god' if you like, but although it is indeed sentient, it is so way beyond us that I'm sure it is not aware of us, just as we are not aware of individual cells in our own bodies, it probably has better things to do!

However,  I think there are many other powerful beings (or 'aspects' of the 'all', just as we are, that are also individual) further down the ladder who do actually take an interest in our affairs, these make up all the many deities that humans interact with.
Many of these may well be 'thought form' deities created by us, just as you say happens in 'Black & white' which is based on this idea.

However, where we differ is that I think Christ is yet another thought form  deity like the others, but you do not want to see him that way, but perhaps that is because you believe in him? Because of this, you will want to see him as somehow beyond all this, but I do not, especially given the historical reality of Christian origins. I guess we will just agree to disagree on this point!

I think Christ like many other thought form deities competes for our attention. Actually there are probably at least three Christs since Christianity is split into at least three factions, with Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox. Seeing how these three factions all hate each other, the three Christs probably spend most of their time fending each other off as well!

What I wonder is what happens to deities after people stop beleiving in them. Do they disolve into nothingness, or do they just drop in power until they become 'dormant', and remain so unless people start believing in them again?

I wonder since Paganism is coming back in a big way, perhaps many of the old gods are waking up again, such as the Norse gods for example, who are gaining followers again.

Cheers,
Douglas

Person

Actually, we do agree :)
I just meant that since there were so many accounts of a person named Jesus, there probably was one.  So all I actually believe in that regard is that a person named Jesus existed around that time, he may not even be human, who knows.  But there's definitely more than one of em by now.  Jesus's fighting.. lol, great thought.  
One day I was bored and watching a childish religious show, and it said to visualize your heart as barn doors opening to jesus.  I was Very bored, and did so, and actually felt something - random energy was poured into me.  Some positive, some negative.  I got the strong impression the energy was collectively sent to some dead end, and I connected with it.  
I think many people's concept of god is something close to home, like a father image or dead grandfather spirit watching over them.. not something like you describe, way beyond and above that level.  I too think the central god is many many levels away and maybe 1% or less of us actually have that image in our heads when we say god.  I believe there are sub-gods closer to home, but I don't think many connect with those either.  I pondered about what would happen if I actively connected to these energy pools and drained them... would many people lose their feeling of connection to their god?  And would that be mean or healthy? :)
-Person

Gandalf

hmm, interesting idea Person!

I wonder though whether you would be *able* to drain the energy pools of deities? I think the deity in question would attempt to stop you from doing so and presumably many of them are quite powerful.

I don't rate your chances of wrestling power away from a deity directly, unless you are pretty powerful yourself, but I can't see any of us on god level to be honest, unless you can think of some indirect way, such as targeting believers? But then the deity would be on the lookout for such activity I would imagine!

If we accept the concept of thought form gods, I wonder about the ratio to which believer shapes god and god shapes believer?

Certainly at first, it is the beleivers who bring the deity into being, but after a while, after the deity is sentient, it will be in a position to start influencing the believers towards its own ideas.

As we know, attributes and characteristics of deities change over time depending on the values of the culture.
We always assume it is the culture itself that is imposing these changes. The deity is therefor forced to go along with this and adapt itself.
However, perhaps some changes in culture are brought about by the god itself?

I sometimes wonder about this with regards to religious fundamentalists, ie christian ones or islamic ones. Perhaps these are influenced by the gods themselves who are forcibly attempting to impose their own ideas on everyone?

Anyway, an interesting subject Person, and one which I think has some truth in it, especially when we look at the past and especially gods which are linked to specific cultures, ie Greek & Roman and Celtic and so on, where, as these nations fought each other, it was also accepted that the gods of the various nations also joined in!

The Celts & Romans were quite open to this idea. Also it makes sense of the idea of anthropomorphic deities, whom some people ridicule as being 'unrealistic'; however, perhaps this is only because they don't really understand the processes involved. If these cultures believed that their gods had human forms and characteristics (including personalities), then I don't see a problem with their gods developing in accordance with this desire.

One of the best images I have seen which reminds me of this is one particular scene on Trajan's Column in Rome (built around 110 CE), which is a scene with a Roman legionary unit charging forward to engage the Dacian enemy (present day Romania). Above the charging army is a large figure of Jupiter emerging from the clouds and hurling a thunderbolt towards the enemy, thereby assisting the Romans! Its an awesome image!
The thunderbolt on the sculpture itself was actually made from silver originally, but it was stolen; a pity as it looked great!

Douglas

ASunnieSpirit

Ive been pondering the idea of thought forms for quite some time now, and even have been researching it. There is a few books on the subject (sorry, cant remember the titles) One involved a few famous psychics getting together, they imagined a man and made up an identity for him, they then concentrated on this identity and soon enough they could channel him and have intelligent conversations with him.

Im starting to believe that most gods/religions are thought forms. People talk about 12th planet, Aliens, Reptiles, Wiccan Gods, some even claim to channel Jesus and God and this is their evidence that they are real. I do not consider channeling real evidence anymore.

One of my goals now during OBE is to explore thought forms and sift through it, find out whats been created by humans and whats "real/original".

Ive been told that there are ways to find out if an entity is a thought form but i have found no resources on this, maybe someone knows [?]

Perhaps there was no God before Humans, and lets go really deep and suggest that perhaps we are thought forms our selves created by a bored teenager (whoa...dude, that blows my mind...) [:D]
Im walking on sunshine :)

Person

Many claim to be able to talk directly with the 'holy spirit'.  Supposedly some can technically start a true channeling session and start "speaking in tongues" in a language they don't know themselves.  I guess the idea in church is, there's only one jesus, but the holy spirit is out there everywhere for us to connect to.  My friend's uncle can talk directly and even does exorcisms; can't wait to talk to this guy.  I tried to contact it once.  Seems like I had to fake sincerity before anything would respond (same for the barn doors).  Who knows if I contacted the real thing, but an entity did come to be and acted compassionate.  It didn't like my strange questions and refused to talk with me afterwards :)  Seems it's a 'believers only' thing, which makes sense if it's believers that keeps it going.  
Good point about channeling in general.  Someone on the prophecy forum noted that most Americans have this looming 'feeling' the world will end soon, while Europeans don't know what they're talking about.  Anything we channel could be from a book written thousands of years ago.  
Someone said once how to distinguish between a lying spirit and a guide - look in their eyes.  A dark spirit will shy away while a true one will boldy look back with compassion.  Perhaps that works for alive vs imagined spirits too.
While on the topic, we make a thought form of ourselves.  The ego forms an idea of who we are based on facts and college degrees and horoscopes.  It's possible this thought form lives on for a while till it fades, producing ghosts that have no essence but simply repeat what they did most or what traumatized them.  Also, maybe they can be talked to, and give programmed responses.  
John Edwards on Crossing Over may have a way of communicating with thought forms, which produce real facts and memories while the real spirit is off elsewhere on a higher plane.
-Person

illusionofyourmind

allright going back to person's idea of connecting to the pools.  If it was possible to drain those pools do you think you would in turn gain that deity's power. maybe thats why some people form cults that center around themselves. like could they be getting that random energy person was talking about only directly.  could they be slowly draing the pools that way? delaying the Wrath of the Gods for a time because that little bit is beneath their notice?   Just some thoughts.

oman34mi

quote:
Originally posted by Janette_DuCharme

Hello everyone and greetings!

With my great ability to manifest my thoughts this has become my reality. Jade

Do you mean you can you can create something, such as conjure a being onto the physical plane?
Thanks,

oman34mi

nex

www.fractalwisdom.com

In schools today, we students are taught Euclidian geometry, a mathetmatical system based entirely on an unrealistic, ideal world of 3D. This system is free of chaos. However, in recent decades, a new theory has risen up to take down these foolish Greek ideals. Chaos Theory, based on shapes that are infinite in size, but in a finite area, revolutionizes the current view on the world and mathematics. The equations responsible for this come from real world math problems, such as stock markets, biology charts, etc. They reflect pure reality. Chaos theory also indirectly disproves much of the dogma associated with Christianity while proving that there is a higher consciousness of which we are all a part of. This power is infinitely large and infinitely small. It really puts all of this "mysticism" and "New Age spirituality" into perspective as serious movements with an actual mathematical and scientific backup. Use this in dealing with skeptics and religious fools :D.

Targa

On the topic of God and religions:  I read something interesting a few weeks ago.  Someone claimed to have contacted God-consciousness (I think it was an account of a near-death experience), and they asked it, "Which religion is the correct one, or best one to believe in?".  To which it responded, "I don't care".  ie: religious belief systems are creations on mankind, not of any "god-consciouness" (or whatever you choose to call the Creative Force of All, if you even believe in its existence).  Years ago, when I took my first serious foray into Christianity, this was one of the first problem-thoughts that popped into my head.  As Christians will be quick to tell you, if you don't believe in Jesus...etc...you go to Hell.  Well, if there is a God, and he's so all-loving, this makes absolutely no sense.  If I were born 2,000 years ago in the jungle in Africa, with no contact with any outside civilization, how could a just and loving God send me to Hell for eternity based solely on the fact of where I was born, and not being exposed to Christian beliefs?  It's nonsense, of course.

As for dieties and their power:  It's very good reasoning to conjecture that the more people believe in a diety, the more "power" it has (our thoughts charge him/her up like electricity charging a battery, sorta).  It's easy to conjecture that said diety could utilize this power for whatever purpose, be it going to war with another dieties followers, or subtly influencing people to believe in it.  I would think that if this were true, a cunning diety would do everything in its power to try to influence non-believers into following its religion, thereby granting it more power.  It's also good reasoning to conjecture that when a diety has no followers, they lose much of their power, and possibly even cease to exist.  Makes you wonder what happened to all the old gods (Zeus, Thor, etc...).  If a culture dies out, and belief falls off rapidly, the diety may not have enough power remaining to keep its influence active in the world.  Though most of the old gods still, to this day, have people thinking about them (otherwise we wouldn't know of gods like Zeus, Thor, etc..).  Very interesting subject.

On the plus side for Jesus, keep in mind that he didn't espouse belief in a specific god (such as Zeus), but rather (in my opinion) "a god" or "The Creator".  I think any serious belief system would have to decide whether its main tenet would include the belief that there is some type of "Creational Force" that gave birth to all reality or not.  Whatever...I'm not a big student of Theology. [:)]

I think that was an interesting comment regarding people who create cults.  If you were to create your own cult, or even religion, and set yourself up as the "Enlightened One", would the beliefs and thoughts of your followers "empower" you with their thought-energies?

I have also thought at times regarding the earlier subject of creator vs. created with regard to thought.  The subject of Tolkien made me remember this.  With all the fantasy literature coverage of things such as magic, elves, dragons, dwarves, etc... does this mean that we've actually created "real" worlds by pouring our thought-energies into these concepts?  Or are we merely tapping into a subject that already exists (ie: elves exist somewhere, whether on another third-dimension planet or on some other astral plane or dimension).  

The original subject is something that is very high on my list of priorities.  I have had several dreams over the years where I've met a person (a different person every time, but always female) in my dream and the love I felt was far surpassing anything that can be experienced in waking life.  It's the closest that I've ever come to what could only be called "true love".  ie:  Non-judgemental love, I felt that this person knew me inside and out (even all my darkest parts) and still loved me for who I was.  I felt totally comfortable and didn't want the dream to end.  Sometimes there was sexual contact, but it wasn't physical lust, but rather pure love and a joining of souls.  Reminds me of the song, "Dream Lover".  I sometimes wonder if this is the other half of my self (the Yin to my Yang).

Great topic! [:)]

Janette_DuCharme

Hello everyone and greetings!

I would like to share my experiences with you, as I'm sure they would be of some interest to just about anyone interested in Astral projection. I have astraled for a few years now and I have noticed when I take a large interest or fascination with a character of a novel, movie etc I seem to summon them. With my great ability to manifest my thoughts this has become my reality. I have had numerous astral lovers and the majority of them are things you may have all seen. The idea I wish to spread here is that anythign is possible and things you really want can be made real. I'm not forcing  anyone to believe in what I have to say but to simply, expand the mind and perhaps a few of your horizons. My theory is that every essence, every character already exists somewhere whether it be in another relam or dimension but they are there. When a writer or whomever thinks of these it is a way to expose this {"idea" , being etc} without being entirely blunt. For example for years now we have had many movies about faeries, vampires, demons etc. They all exist. Maybe not here but somewhere else and are sent these messages possibly from these beings themselves to awaken or arouse interest in the concept of what they are. I have had a vampire astral lover for some time now, and you may all be familiar with the show he springs from. Forever Knight. It is entirely possible to have a deep connection with something so seemingly impossible. If we are to be able to lift our souls or spirits from our bodies and travel amongst parallel universes or realms then why can we not manifest or summon an essence which already exists in the minds of man today.

Jade