Might have come close to AP, need help figuring out what else I need to do

Previous topic - Next topic

DaneClark

Whatever it is I've only gotten it to work once.  I was lying in bed trying to very gently quiet my brain down, when my vision started dimming and it started to feel like I was floating.  The only thing that might have been keeping me from doing it was the fact that I was too aware of my own consciousness and it made my grip on whatever I was holding on to feel extremly fragile.  Please help me figure out if there's anything I can do to get farther next time I manage to reach this state.

Xanth

When you say you were trying to "very gently quiet my brain down"... what were you doing exactly?

DaneClark

Quote from: Xanth on April 09, 2019, 00:59:58
When you say you were trying to "very gently quiet my brain down"... what were you doing exactly?
I was was wearing a MUSE headband, using the app that plays rain sounds that get quieter the more quiet your brain is, but I was trying to see if I could do it without actually trying, since staying in the "quiet" state for long periods of time feels like trying to hold my breath for a long time.  I also had binaural beats playing.  I never actually got the rain sound to stop when this started happening, but I think i still felt calm.

Xanth

Quote from: DaneClark on April 09, 2019, 10:05:55
I was was wearing a MUSE headband, using the app that plays rain sounds that get quieter the more quiet your brain is, but I was trying to see if I could do it without actually trying, since staying in the "quiet" state for long periods of time feels like trying to hold my breath for a long time.  I also had binaural beats playing.  I never actually got the rain sound to stop when this started happening, but I think i still felt calm.
That sounds perfect.

Ok, so what I want you to do next is to continue that.  Keep deepening that state.  Try to get the rain as quiet as you can.
That'll be your entire goal here.  Then once you're able to do that, keep doing it for as long as you're comfortably able to.

... and remember to breathe.  :)

What you're doing is using the rain sound as your "focus".  Now you need to use that focus to push away everything physical... you want to get that "calm" state you mentioned above, then you want to continually deepen that state.  The further you deepen it away from the physical the further you'll move "within". 

You've got this!  :)