The Celestine Prophecy

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Sure, I've read it. The books that came after it didn't seem as good to me. It starts by talking about synchronicity and moves on to perceiving energy and how people compete for energy. Then it talks about getting energy from a more universal source than other people. Then it talks about raising one's frequency and becoming invisible to people lower on the scale. I think it is called ascension or something like that. It has been a while since reading it. Have you decided if the book is fiction or nonfiction?

kakkarot

the book, or rather the story told in the book, is fiction. merely a story. but the story was meant as an example of how the "insights" work.

personally, i don't like the celestine prophecy because it is too narrow in its perception. it seems like it is trying to explain the entire universe in its own logical system, but it doesn't account for any of the things that blow its theory out of the water.  (and i especially don't like the part where he claims that the energy he is talking about is chi. really pisses me off. the energy he is talking about is more like an aura, or spiritual essence than chi. but anyway...)

~kakkarot

Secret of Secrets

Tom

I don't regret having read the book, but I wouldn't go so far as to actually suggest it to anyone. My mom liked the book. It is nice to know that she couldn't begin to understand "Astral Dynamics". Actually, even my mom lost interest in that celestine prophecy book. Would that mean that the book is now okay? Somehow I doubt it.

Hephaestus

Any book that mentions ascension i'm willing to give a read, my ultimate aim of life is to ascend beyond the boundaries of the universe itself.

Tom

It says that this is what happened to some ofthe cultures in central and south america. They all suddenly learned how to rise above the physical plane. Fear (and anger?) was the biggest obstacle given in the book celestine prophecy. Like I said, I don't regret having read it. It is just something I would not really actively suggest. It is possible that I might actually read it again. I do that it cases like this, in case the problems I have with a book are all in my head. Sometimes after developing a bit more I am ready for a different perspective.

Ryno

I also read Celestine Prophecy and thought it was a good read. Wether or not the book is fiction( I am sure it is) there were good messages in the book. All of the Insights are great examples of real phenomenon. I think that is why the book did so well on the bestsellers list. People could relate to some of the examples he gave.

ninthplanet

I wanted to ask any of those who read the book, or anyone reading this post for that matter, if they have ever tried or have heard of other people successfully cultivating energy through the techniques of "loving" one's surroundings, (i.e. meditating while observing vegetation so as to conincide energies.)  Although I enjoyed the book, I have only tried the exercises only a couple of times, however, afterwards I must say I felt better and more thankful for my present life and its surroundings.

"Luck to those on personnal journeys"

Tom

Recently I got my hands on a copy of the book on tape after deciding that it would be a good idea to try it again. I made MP3 files (16 in total, about 10 MB each) and burned them on a CD to listen to at work.

It is more a matter of appreciating the surroundings rather than loving them. Positive emotions and connection with people and things outside one's self really do encourage perceiving energy. Negative emotions and being disconnected do seem to cause depletion and lack of perception. It seemed to explain also why there are times when I feel good and understand more. Usually my energy and understanding are at a lower level. Sometimes I'm drained of both energy and understanding. How and why I go from one level to another is only intellectual right now, and not a real part of my experience.

ninthplanet

I was just curious if there are any forum members who have read the book The Celestine Prophecy.  Personally, it was the very first book that opened my eyes into the power of energy.  Not only does it deal a lot with energies, but also the power of intution and how one can choose the certain future paths that will lead to more successful journeys. I would recommend giving it as a gift to anyone who would maybe enjoy starting a path of their own into the metaphysical world.

The author is James Redfield

-ninthplaney