The Fate of Frank Kepple

Previous topic - Next topic

personalreality

Quote from: Lexy on May 14, 2011, 00:40:16
But did you do all of that while also gambling? True gamblers that also have a drug problem find it very difficult to maintain a facade. I know professional gamblers & it's worse than drug addiction if you ask me, nothing stops them. I think it's in really bad taste to discredit someone jokingly when other people can take you seriously, that is how vicious rumors get started. 

calm down.

as far as we're concerned, frank is gone, he's never coming back and for all intents and purposes there is no frank, only an abstract concept we call "frank".  what that really represents isn't even a person, it's a collection of teachings.  it's like me saying that the buddha was a womanizer.  no one alive today ever knew the buddha, the only thing we have of him (if he ever existed) is a collection of teachings, an abstract sense of "who he was" based on what we've read.  same thing.  so really, i'm not even talking about frank kepple because i didn't know him, he was gone long before i came here.  i'm making fun of "saint frank" that has taken on some kind of martyr status almost around here.  all i know of him is that people need to get off his willy.

be awesome.

personalreality

thanks astralblogger and bedeekin.
be awesome.

Summerlander

Look...Frank was a delusion...a hallucination...a fantasy. This is Frank:

personalreality

that's my power animal, and she never said her name was frank.

lol
be awesome.

Summerlander

Oh, ok...my apologies... :-D

This dude is Frank:

personalreality

be awesome.

skiax

Is this something for the late Joseph Campbell? How is it that in the timespan of a decade or so, this fellow, in the estimation of some, has taken on mythical proportions? How does one go from being a neat fellow who gladly shared his experiences to being almost sacred? Am I exaggerating this? Why am I asking so many questions and not making any statements? :wink:

personalreality

no you're not exaggerating.

that was the point i was making a couple posts back.
be awesome.

skiax

Ya, P.R., but I'm asking YOU because of your education, to offer informed speculation as to why some personality types so readily do this? I'd really enjoy your take on it. To me, it's fascinating. BTW, "get off his willy", very nice. Interesting imagery.

personalreality

I am a little hesitant to say anything.  I've been trying to express this sentiment for the better part of a year on this forum.  But many of the people that I consider friends on this board are still very much Frankites and I don't wanna start talking about why they're pathological for being so.

Let me think of a nice way to say it and i'll get back to you, lol.
be awesome.

Xanth

Frank was a human being... I'm confused by this talk of him being some "sacred" being.
What the hell is wrong with you people?  O_o  LoL

personalreality

see jim.

defensive.

denial.

lol.
be awesome.

Summerlander

He was just human. He had his own views. But like I said...how he describes his Wider Reality tallies with what I've experienced before I even heard of him. On the other hand...perhaps he just studied Robert Monroe's view and copied them...or developed/simplified them. But I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm fairly new here anyway. By the time I heard of him, he'd already gone missing.

Pauli2

Quote from: Xanth on May 14, 2011, 10:50:48
Frank was a human being... I'm confused by this talk of him being some "sacred" being.
What the hell is wrong with you people?  O_o  LoL

Well...

My review on the Newsletters didn't exactly fall in your taste.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Summerlander

personalreality

frank put out a few newsletters before he fell off the face of the earth, i think there is a link to them somewhere on this forum, maybe permanent topics?
be awesome.

Summerlander

What was in them that is so significant. What stuck out to you which you feel relates to his disappearance? There must be something you find suspicious otherwise you wouldn't mention the Newsletters. What was it?

personalreality

be awesome.

Summerlander

ok... :roll:

So what is so wrong with that? He talks about the virtual class, then he mentions his Wider Reality model and shares his thoughts.

I also found this:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_book_reviews/frank_kepple_astral_projection_truth_newsletter-t32536.0.html

And it seems like Pauli2 simply doesn't like Frank's "attack" on mysticism and religion. I personally agree with Frank that you don't need to hold religious beliefs or put the phase phenomenon in that category. To me, the OOBE phenomena is more natural than magical.

Also, the not in the body therefore not out of the body concept. Pauli2 seems to have had a hard time grasping this. It's very simple...

We are everywhere. Where we are consciously...we are unconscious everywhere else. So we don't have a specified location, it's about FOCUS. It's about being consciously aware of environments. Therefore, there is no separation if you are already there. Separating is something we unconsciously create in order to make sense of the shift of focus from on realm to another.

In the metaphysical realm, after one 'separates' for example, the moving away from the body is not actual...it is a thought. Even space/distance there is a thought...because it is the realm of thoughts after all. Not actual space, distance or movement but amplified to life-like proportions in that state of consciousness nonetheless.

what am I missing that makes this Keeple character so suspicious cuz, so far, I don't see it. :|

CFTraveler

As someone who has been here for a long long time, from way back I can say that Frank, like other 'alphas', gathered a following. The guy was brilliant and charming, articulate, and knew how to explain the Monroe system in a way that most people understood.  And then, when he starts to branch out and put his personal stamp on the system, he disappears.  Which makes him even more mysterious and easy to mythologize.  And so, he was.  So, what is it, eight years?  Everyone is still talking about him.

Summerlander

To me, the most likely explanation for his disappearance is that he died.

CFTraveler

I think so too.
But like some other 'larger than life' personalities, some people just can't believe it, or accept it emotionally, even if they do intellectually.

personalreality

Quote from: personalreality on April 23, 2011, 23:16:08
worm food.

first reply to the thread.  so i agree cft and summer.
be awesome.