The first successful self initiated OBE

Previous topic - Next topic

obe4life

Hi ever body.
This is my first successful voluntary OBE.
Date: Thursday 6 March 2015
I went to bed at 12:30 AM, and I set the alarm to wake me up at 5:00 AM. When the alarm rang I woke up, got out of the bed, then washed my face and then went to the living room and watched TV for about 30 minutes but I muted the sound. I started to feel sleepy again, and my eyes felt itchy, so I knew that it's OBE time!
I turned the TV off, went back to my bedroom, lay comfortably on bed. It took me only few minutes to go back to deep sleep.
A while later, I felt that I am totally awake and aware, and I felt that my body from neck to toes is floating up in the air, but me head was still stuck at my physical body!
I remembered reading that this "sticky parts" of astral body during separation is a common phenomenon, and also remembered reading how to deal with it. so I relaxed and used my astral arms against the pillow, pushing my self up to free my astral head! and I did it  :-D I am totally separated now. I felt the "Zero gravity" as usual, but it was totally dark around me. I was unable to "see" any thing as if I was totally blind. Again, I remembered reading about that "astral blindness" and how to deal with it. So I reached my hands out to the nearest wall and pushed my self away from my physical body, and then demanded with full will power "I want a clear vision"! immediately the blackness faded away and I found my self in the corridor between my bedroom and the rest of the apartment. I was just about 50 cm above the floor, floating horizontally, my fingers barely touch the carpet below me. I can see very clearly the details of my kitchen. I pushed my  self upward very gently using my finger tips against the carpet. I floated up to the ceiling, and then decided to check my living room. I entered the room which was lit by a neon bulb. The clean white light was every where. I felt the vision was a little bit blurry, so again, I demanded in full power: "I want more clear vision" and voila! the view became very clear, the colors and details were vibrant. I was totally aware of every thing and I was thinking very logically. I decided to check  if it's a dream, so I clenched my fists several times and felt the grip of my palms to be "very physical". I touched my right arm with my left hand and felt it  to be completely "solid". I was amazed!
I flew to the chandelier and checked it closely, and for the first time ever I noticed that the chandelier's bulbs have some sort of weird curved protrusion. I've never seen such detail before, so I decided to keep it in mind as a reality check to see if it's really there in the physical world. Then suddenly,I saw an old man very similar to my father. he looks pretty much like him, but I was sure it wasn't him. I felt this being is very kind, and I didn't feel scared of "his" presence, instead, I was curious to find out who's this guy and what is he doing in my apartment. he was just setting silently on the couch, looking down as if he was thinking deeply, resting his chin and hands over a wooden stick. he was about 75 years old or so "just the age of my father" and was wearing the same clothes my father used to wear, but I was very sure that he wasn't my father,despite the strong feeling of familiarity i felt towards him. he didn't seem to be able to see me or feel my presence at all. I kept floating around him, waving with my arms on front of him but nothing worked. he kept looking downward thinking deeply. I felt that's fine for this time, and decided to go back to my physical body. as I reached the door of my living room I felt as if I am running out of energy very rapidly, and the vision started to be blurry and foggy again, and the darkness was spreading everywhere. and in less than a second, I found my self again in my physical body under covers feeling the warmth of bed  :-D
After I woke up in the morning I went to the living room and checked the chandelier's bulbs and for my surprise they matched the ones I saw during my OBE perfectly! :-o
Conclusions:
1- I didn't feel any vibrations or paralysis during or after this OBE which I usualy feel in my other spontaneous OBEs.
2- This is my second time to see an astral being during and OBE. I have a topic here in the forum about my previous OBEs and in one of those I saw two astral beings but they weren't human like, and they didn't seem to be able to see or feel me too.
3-Reading and gathering information about the OBE topic and OBE techniques is very useful and applicable. I think I would never figure out how to separate my head or to view clearly, or even to overcome fear, if I didn't read enough about the topic.

Sorry for such long and boring topic. But I really like to share such experience here because as you might know there aren't lots of people you can share such experiences with  :-D

Szaxx

Its not boring at all. You managed to verify it too, well done.
The vibes and SP are not required as you now know.
Nice experience, the person there may start interacting eventually. Time will tell.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

obe4life

Quote from: Szaxx on March 16, 2015, 15:56:14
Its not boring at all. You managed to verify it too, well done.
The vibes and SP are not required as you now know.
Nice experience, the person there may start interacting eventually. Time will tell.
Thank you for your kind words. Yeah I think this guy will interact someday, or guide me to something. I think my vibratory level was higher than his so he wasn't able to see or feel me. or maybe he had done it on purpose in order not to scare me?

Szaxx

The feel you got from him was a good one. That speaks volumes, I'd guess he's waiting for you to experience enough in the NP and then you'll be shown things that you're then ready to see.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Rakkso

Congratulations on this, it was an amazing very detailed description.
Nothing like 4 hours of priot sleep  :wink:
I know you will be able to learn many things from them in the future.
Keep up that good work. Try to jump through a portal or a window and ask to take you somewhere where you can learn something. Experiment!! :-D

floriferous

I think it's good you document carefully your routine when you get up. I find doing this really helps you isolate why some days it works and doesn't. For example I discovered in my own routine if I got up and let my mind drift onto topics for even a few minutes of the day ahead before meditating this would affect my mental state a lot during compared with if I just focused on my intent for the meditation as soon as I got up and up to lying back down again.

obe4life

Thanks every body for your positive comments. Yes, I think recording every single detail of your OBE is a very important habit. It helps you track your progress precisely, find out what works and what doesn't work, makes you feel as if you're a researcher just conducting experiments in a fully scientific manner, nothing to be scared of or to expect, just start the experiment, then write down your conclusions.

SherryL

Very interesting.  Have you been able to have anymore?

Sour

I can't help but Consider that this whole "parts of nonphysical body stuck to physical parts" is only brought on by the knowledge that this is what happens when you try to project and that the pre-visualization may determine the starting point where non physical control is affirmed and developed. Logically, correct me if I'm wrong, If you visualized yourself sitting upright in a canoe, wouldnt the trial be something like looking around, rowing, standing? I've read that all the sensory hallmarks described are consistent through AP but couldn't that simply be a preconception manifested?

I ask these things because Ive been practicing non physical visualization and interaction which has been yielding spontaneous conscious dreaming which is an etheric projection equal to AP right? Ive conciously spoken to strange communities inside of grocery stores, constructed sculptures from clay and have composed life forms in a white space etc. where all of which had non of the conventions of mobility.

Xanth

The whole getting body parts stuck as you're "exiting" is entirely based upon the notion that the projector believes they are a consciousness INSIDE a physical (human) body. 
Once you realize you're NOT a consciousness IN a body... you shatter the very notion that anything can get stuck in the first place.

If you're in the position where you feel like things are getting 'stuck' and you're what you would consider yourself to be "half stuck"... then you're already projecting and you're simply making things harder for yourself.
Just get up and go!  Same goes for Sleep Paralysis.  You're not ACTUALLY lying there physically awake while your body is "paralyzed".  You're lying entirely in the non-physical blocking yourself from being able to move.

Trepkos

Maybe that old man was you and you were given a kind of insight that you will reach that age. He made you think of your father you said. Like father, like son. Also, you said you had the impression that he was thinking deeply. I think its your old wise self.