News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Silver Cord

Previous topic - Next topic

Fresco

I read somewhere that if the silver cord is broken you cant return back to your body.  But what if you decide to break the cord while astrally projecting, does that count??  Or what if some astral entity decides to take a pair of scissors to your cord, wouldnt that kill you also??

Stookie_

That's just a bible verse. It's not a great source for OBE information.

Bedeekin

Quote from: Fresco on November 26, 2012, 12:01:39
what if some astral entity decides to take a pair of scissors to your cord, wouldnt that kill you also??

This is the sort of thing that goes somewhere into proving that both don't exist within that particular belief pattern.

I have never noticed a silver cord. It doesn't mean it doesn't exist... but it works the other way. I cant imagine anything worse than worrying about a tenuous lifeline to the physical body.

The silver cord was also a favourite of Madame Blavatsky... the co-founder of the Theosophical Society and inventor of the term "astral".

LoLmart

Never seen a silver cord. Never really looked for it though.

Astralsuzy

I have never seen a cord.  I am not interested in trying to see a cord.  There is no proof one way or another.  If you try to find the cord your mind will most likely invent a cord for you to see.  I rather think that I have no cord.  I do not like the idea of having a cord attached to me.  I think it would look rather silly and I do not want to be worrying about it.  It would not be very good if the cord got in the way.  There is enough things to think about in the astral instead of worrying about a cord.

todd421757

ChopstickFox

I haven't seen or noticed a cord. I haven't tried to look, though. I've always thought of it as symbolism for the connection. If you believe the connection is represented by a silver cord, chances are that's what you will see. Just my thought, though.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Astralsuzy

A lot of people think there is a silver cord.  There is no proof that there is a cord.

Xanth

Quote from: todd421757 on November 26, 2012, 18:43:32
According to Blavatsky and Vieria, there is both a silver cord and a golden cord.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/the_golden_cord_in_projections-t37319.0.html
And that's why you don't believe everything you hear and read.   

I'm sure there's a cord for ever belief out there.  :)

ChopstickFox

Quote from: Xanth on November 26, 2012, 21:44:18
I'm sure there's a cord for ever belief out there.  :)

Can mine be rainbow please? k thx :)
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

TheEnergeticSeer

I guess I tend to see beliefs like this as metaphors that express the links between the bodies via the center of awareness. Belief or no belief I suppose the question is whether or not utilizing the visualization of the silver cord is effective for you personally if it is it may be worth looking for, though I don't think I'd go too far down the Dogma route.

todd421757

You don't need to see the silver cord to believe it. You can feel the cord tugging on the back of your etheric head and also between the shoulder blades of the projected double. If you don't feel it, chances are you are not having a classic OBE.

I have felt it tugging on the majority of my classic OBE's, even before I knew what a silver cord was.

When you have experienced a classic OBE from start to finish while fully awake and no blackout stage, you get to see the entire projection sequence in its entirety.

ChopstickFox

I've rolled right off my bed and realized I was oob... And once I was awake listening to my husband get in the shower, slipped into an obe where I floated into the air then was back in my body before he was finished. No tugging :/ I really wouldn't call it unauthentic if we don't experience things exactly the same. After all, we're all different.

Fresco

Wow, just wow!!  Not one of you has addressed or answered my original question(s) :lol:

Try reading the original thread post again :wink:

todd421757

Rolling to the right or left generally creates reality fluctuations.

To answer the original question. As far as I can tell, the silver cord is very elastic after a dozen or so feet. Before you reach that point, it is very dense. I doubt if it could be severed unless the physical body shuts down severely as in death, and the cord looses attachment to the physical body.

Astralsuzy

Quote from: todd421757 on November 26, 2012, 23:01:46
You don't need to see the silver cord to believe it. You can feel the cord tugging on the back of your etheric head and also between the shoulder blades of the projected double. If you don't feel it, chances are you are not having a classic OBE.

I have felt it tugging on the majority of my classic OBE's, even before I knew what a silver cord was.

When you have experienced a classic OBE from start to finish while fully awake and no blackout stage, you get to see the entire projection sequence in its entirety.
A lot of people would agree and disagree with you.  With ap we all have our own experiences.  You say I am right.  Someone else would say no, I am right.  I have had many classic OBE's and it has been very real, just like I am physically.  I have never been aware of a cord.  I think it is because I do not believe I have one.  When you have thoughts in the astral, it is likely to happen, even if it is real or not.

Szaxx

Hi,
When you have thoughts in the astral, it is likely to happen, even if it is real or not.

Exactly that!
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

dreamingod

I have not experienced any silver cord during my OOBEs.
I do not believe in one.

If you need to believe in the silver cord to feel safe, then do what works for you.
We are spirit, expressing what we will.
We act out perSONAs on our stage of iMAGEination.
We are both the dreamer & the dream.
I think therefore I am.
I am consciousness & potentiality

Bedeekin

Quote from: Fresco on November 26, 2012, 23:40:59
Wow, just wow!!  Not one of you has addressed or answered my original question(s) :lol:

Try reading the original thread post again :wink:

WOW, just Wow!!!

We did!

You are posing a specific question about a thing that's already seen as a myth to the majority of experienced explorers, so what other answers are you going to get?

It's like asking... "What flavour is the giant flying ice-cream in the sky above Paris?"

and expecting everyone to theorise on the flavour... even though MOST would find it hard to believe in the giant flying ice-cream in the first place.

Fresco

^^^^ how about if you dont believe in a silver cord just not respond in this thread altogether then??!

Its kinda like asking an atheist what he thinks of God

Bedeekin

haha.. true... but those who don't see one or experience one - which is the majority and are who experienced and want to help - feel the need to point out that it's a waste of time 'believing' in one.

You have read about the silver chord.. not experienced it. Therefor the experienced ones who know it to be false should be looked upon by the non-experienced as having some sort of... knowledge about such things. Unless experience counts for nothing these days?

Do you want there to be an elastic silver chord connecting you to your body?

Bedeekin

Look at the answers to this post... does this not tell you something?  :-)

Fresco

I dont really care whether some see a cord and others dont.  I was just curious what would happen if you accidently stepped on your cord and broke it while OBE.....LOL.

You'd go...OOPSS...now I'm screwed.  

Oh wait, let me glue this thing back together.  I can do this :-P

Stookie_

Whether or not there is some sort of a tether, the idea of a "silver cord" comes from Ecclesiastes 12:6

"Remember him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well"

It's biblical symbolism.

Bedeekin

Quote from: Fresco on November 27, 2012, 11:22:54
I dont really care whether some see a cord and others dont.  I was just curious what would happen if you accidently stepped on your cord and broke it while OBE.....LOL.

You'd go...OOPSS...now I'm screwed.  

Oh wait, let me glue this thing back together.  I can do this :-P

:-D

I see.