News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Silver Cord

Previous topic - Next topic

Fresco

Quote from: Stookie_ on November 27, 2012, 11:37:52
Whether or not there is some sort of a tether, the idea of a "silver cord" comes from Ecclesiastes 12:6

"Remember him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well"

It's biblical symbolism
But then how do you explain lots of atheists,  Hindus and non-Christians seeing a cord as well??

todd421757

Quote from: Fresco on November 27, 2012, 10:32:10
^^^^ how about if you dont believe in a silver cord just not respond in this thread altogether then??!

Its kinda like asking an atheist what he thinks of God

I totally agree.

Bedeekin

They probably read about it.

It seems like a logical thing... I mean.... old fashioned divers used to use life lines...  astronauts use one.

Also there is a fear of not getting back to the body so the idea of a lifeline to the body made of astrally sparkly stuff makes sense and is a comfort.

It is evident that we are already 'out' of body... and that when we AP, we are merely focusing on that 'self'. Also a cord assumes that there is a physical distance involved.

Another way of looking at it... is to think of the nonphysical as a massive almost infinite network of information... when you are traveling through it, you are just accessing the information, not actually going anywhere. Of course this steps all over the idea of the theosophical idea of the 'astral' as being made of something that resembles physical reality.

Bedeekin

Quote from: todd421757 on November 27, 2012, 12:32:49
I totally agree.

But then would that not just be a conversation between the two of you?

todd421757

There have been others who reported experiencing the silver cord tug like David Warner and Lionheart. It is very hard to have a fully conscious etheric projection. This is the best way to experience it.

Bedeekin

It is... This was the type I always used to experience when I started 'exploring'... I called it 1st phase. But I hadn't read any books about OOBEs or Astral Projection... so never had any concern to believe in one nor was I exposed to anyones beliefs.

Xanth

Fresco, your question is completely and 100% fear based. 

You want an answer?  Don't worry about a cord... there, now you have no cord to cut and your original question is meaningless.  :)

todd421757

Here are some reasons that support the cord exists:

During dreaming, people do not report this cord.

During etheric projection, many report this cord.

During phasing, people do not report this cord.

During mental projection and meditation, people do not report this cord.

The cord is only reported when there is a projection with a bodily sensation associated with it (silver cord). It is not reported with a projection that involves consciousness only (golden cord).

Etheric projection is limited by distance because of this cord. Other types of projection are not affected by distance the same way.

Beliefs and intent do not affect etheric projections. Etheric projections involve strong vibrations while most other projections do not have intense vibrations. The vibrations are related to the silver cord unraveling due to incoming energy from the vehram energy orbs.

The silver cord connects the higher etheric body to the lower etheric body. The lower etheric body stays with the physical body during an etheric projection.

Bedeekin

Quote from: todd421757 on November 27, 2012, 19:51:14
Beliefs and intent do not affect etheric projections. Etheric projections involve strong vibrations while most other projections do not have intense vibrations. The vibrations are related to the silver cord unraveling due to incoming energy from the vehram energy orbs.

The vibrations are due to depolarised striated muscle neurones... not a springy cord with orbs.

This isn't belief based... it's just biology.

Dude I have experienced etheric projections... I assume you mean the ones where you float around this reality and visit people and remote view distant locations? These are all I used to have when I was younger. So there we agree do we not?

In the early days I used to galavant around like some sort of evangelist declaring my etheric/1st phase/RTZ projections to be the real OOBE and anything else I dismissed as lucid dreaming. I was that stuck on them. I still didn't perceive any sort of elastic thing pulling me or attaching me to my body.

Maybe I was wifi or blutooth!!  :-D

So... say there is a life line connecting the etheric body to the physical... we both know that when in an etheric projection the only other entities are the people walking around or sleeping (whatever time you decide to do it)... there are only the birds in the trees and the early commuters or people walking home from nightclubs etc. There is no one else there to actually cut the elusive cord.

So in answer to Frescos question....

Not possible... don't worry about it.

todd421757

Quote from: Bedeekin on November 27, 2012, 20:38:34
Dude I have experienced etheric projections... I assume you mean the ones where you float around this reality and visit people and remote view distant locations? These are all I used to have when I was younger. So there we agree do we not?

No your definition of etheric projections is different than mine. For me, etheric projection is very limited in distance. Mainly the bedroom and living room are the farthest you can go, before slipping into major reality fluctuations. I don't trust anything that I experience outside of my house due to these reality fluctuations.

The link below by another forum member is what I term etheric projection.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/etheric_projection_and_kundalini_symptoms-t37565.0.html

Bedeekin

Oh... so I was wifi then? lol

Weird... I don't think I've experienced this then... How restrictive.

My first one was a typical up on the ceiling affair... then the following night I went to the field behind my house... then my school.. all was very normal and serenely quiet apart from people walking home from pubs and nightclubs... the odd milkman at 5 in the morning etc. I used to visit the church to see if I could see ghosts or anything godly... nothing. I used to visit my uncle in Germany... Try to go to the bedroom of a girl I fancied at school.  8-) Didn't work.

My friend used to test me a few years later by placing random things in his house etc. He hid a Smurf Keyring in his toilet cistern. He told me it was going to be a message. So even my expectation of what he was hiding didn't influence the experience.

Ok.. well.. if there is a specific type that has to be experienced then obviously I can't say it doesn't exist. I stand corrected.

ChopstickFox

Based off of hearsay and my personal beliefs regarding it, I don't think there's really a way to accidentally break it. Option 1: it's a construct of our mind putting into sense the symbolic tie between our physical and astral body. Option 2: Assuming that it is some sort of power cord between our physical and astral bodies, it is nothing like a physical cord. It has no limitations of distance because the concept of distance is irrelevant where we are. And most certainly, I don't think you would need to worry about some douche running around with scissors cutting people off whenever they come across them. Astral scissors? I don't think so. Whichever way you look at it, most likely if this was a possibility that we could sever ourselves accidentally or by an outside force, we would have heard many horror stories by now. Or at least more stressful "close calls" from travelers.
Take to the sky, feeling so alive! Past the clouds to the Milky Way, share our secrets with the starry brigade. The stars surround us like a million fireflies. For once I see infinity... it's in your eyes.

Fresco

Quote from: ChopstickFox on November 27, 2012, 21:21:45
Based off of hearsay and my personal beliefs regarding it, I don't think there's really a way to accidentally break it. Option 1: it's a construct of our mind putting into sense the symbolic tie between our physical and astral body. Option 2: Assuming that it is some sort of power cord between our physical and astral bodies, it is nothing like a physical cord. It has no limitations of distance because the concept of distance is irrelevant where we are. And most certainly, I don't think you would need to worry about some douche running around with scissors cutting people off whenever they come across them. Astral scissors? I don't think so. Whichever way you look at it, most likely if this was a possibility that we could sever ourselves accidentally or by an outside force, we would have heard many horror stories by now. Or at least more stressful "close calls" from travelers

Yeah, this is probably the best response.

So no worries, astral trolls with scissors dont exist  :lol:

Xanth

Quote from: Fresco on November 28, 2012, 12:48:04
Yeah, this is probably the best response.

So no worries, astral trolls with scissors dont exist  :lol:
So,  in other words you're hell bent on believing in a cord for your survival.

Okee dokee.  If you need a cord to feel more safe,  then by all means you shall have one and then you will further believe in them,  which will make you see one more and more, which will even further strengthen your belief...

... See where I'm going with this?

Your belief shapes your very reality.   Even here in this physical reality, just not to the same degree as the non physical.   Get my drift?   :-)

Astralsuzy

I am reading an ap book by Rick Stack.  He says, I have never seen a cord while out of body.  Some people have seen a cord while out of body and some have not.  I do not believe there is any danger coming back, cord or no cord.  I believe that the silver cord is probably a comfortable way of interpreting a connection between the roving consciousness and the physical body and is therefore created by some people when they are having an OOBE. It is important to realise that each persons experience in both physical and nonphysical reality is unique and directly reflects his or her own belief systems.  Therefore I recommend that would be astral explorers avoid any rigid belief systems about the OOBE and proceed with open minds.