Time today went quicker than yesterday lol :)- Question about time

Previous topic - Next topic

Fourthdimension

Hey guys,  Xanth feel free to move this if i posted in the wrong place.

Have you ever had those days were time seemed to be going faster or slower? I myself have agreed with others that pheraps it never went any faster or slower in pace but instead it is how i percieved it because i was having too much or too little fun. maybes?

What happens though if time does speed up or slow down maybe its depeding on some external factors such as the sun or the moon or something in the universe that just makes time speed up faster than or slow down. ?

I watched a program a few months back which i can barley recall but do remember them sayin that time slows down or speeds up depending on the speed of the object percieving it and its location in our universe and it was actually einstein i think who said that. something about how when a large enough mass such as the earth is placed in the universe the space around it moulds into a diffrent shape to hold the mass which in turn distorts time and gravity? i think.

I also remember reading that for everything in this universe there is an exact oppsoite so in that case if there is time here on the other side of the universe there must be a galaxy just like ours with people just like us but no time or maybe theres just nothingness.

I also read that if an atom moves on one side of the universe then the counterpart of the atom on the oppsite side of the universe moves at exactly the same moment and in exactly the same way but does counterpart not refer to an opposite ? if it does then how can the opposite of time move just like time at exactly the same moment is nt that just the same as time? now i have confused myself.

anyways see you guys later
thanks for reading my pondering thoughts
Click here
for the astral pulse chat and type in the channel #ubchat
alternatively go to http://webchat.freenode.net

Xanth

It's good here.  :)

Time is, apparently, dependent entirely upon the speed of Light and how fast you're traveling in relation to it.
Other than that, it's relatively static.  Only your perception of the passage of time changes.

Fourthdimension

Quotetime is, apparently, dependent entirely upon the speed of Light

How does the speed of light effect time?

Quoteand how fast you're traveling in relation to it.

Do you mean how fast i am travelling in relation to it or how fast the earth is moving in relation to it or something else?
When we say in relation to time i sorta get the picture that we are referring to time as a physical object ?

Quoteit's relatively static.

What do you mean by this Xanth?

QuoteOnly your perception of the passage of time changes.

If its only our perception of time that changes how come if we replicate some event in which we percieved time to be going faster such as watching a movie and say we make sure everything is the same. same people , same mood, etc how come time does nt always appear to go the same rate as we first experienced . does perception develop or change preventing this?

thanks for your reply xanth

Click here

Xanth

Astral316

Quote from: Fourthdimension on May 05, 2011, 20:36:29
How does the speed of light effect time?

Light is energy, we perceive energy as sensory input... the flow of sensory input creates the illusion of time.

Quote from: Fourthdimension on May 05, 2011, 20:36:29Do you mean how fast i am travelling in relation to it or how fast the earth is moving in relation to it or something else?

It doesn't matter. The speed of light is so fast that differences amongst the speeds of material objects is negligible by comparison.

Quote from: Fourthdimension on May 05, 2011, 20:36:29What do you mean by this Xanth?

Pretty much what I said above... (I think?)

Quote from: Fourthdimension on May 05, 2011, 20:36:29If its only our perception of time that changes how come if we replicate some event in which we percieved time to be going faster such as watching a movie and say we make sure everything is the same. same people , same mood, etc how come time does nt always appear to go the same rate as we first experienced . does perception develop or change preventing this?

I've pondered this topic... I believe when we focus on the moment we slow down our "rate of sensory input" I mentioned above. When our minds are focused on an activity or engaged in something, our "rate of sensory input" speeds up. I'm still wrapping my brain around it, but two people could have different rates (one is focused on the moment and the other isn't) but conventional time changes for neither of them (probably junk theoretical science, who knows?) Again, this is probably to do with the fact that the speed of light is faster than we can imagine so the rates are negligible. It takes incredible distances mathematically speaking before we start to see distortions in time.

radman32

Lexy

Recently, I have been feeling like weeks are just breezing by...like on Wednesday it often feels like a Friday, then all of a sudden it's Friday.  :-o not complaining though.  :wink:
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

NoY

Stookie_

Time and space are interlinked as one thing. One can not exist without the other. When you perceive something outside of yourself, you're seeing light waves being reflected off of something, but before you see them, they travel through space, into your eyes, and through your nerves, into your brain - there is a lot of movement through space, and even though it seems instantaneous, it's not. The time it takes for you to perceive it is directly related to the distance it travels. We're always seeing into the past. To truly be in the "now", I suppose you have to perceive through the part of yourself that's beyond space/time. It also shows how different states of consciousness/perception can effect how we perceive time.

cstar

"You are not stuck in time like a fly in a closed bottle, whose wings are therefore useless. You cannot trust your physical senses to give you a true picture of reality. They are such lovely liars, with such a fantastic tale to tell that you believe it without question...your environment changes constantly but you rationalize away quite legitimate intuitive perception at such times. For example, if a room suddenly appears small and cramped to you, you take it for granted that this change of dimension is imaginative, and that the room has not changed regardless of your feelings. The fact is that the room has changed quite definitely even though the physical dimensions will still measure the same- since the instruments within such a room would themselves have already altered to the same degree." - Seth

Those are some of my favorite quotes that I agree with from Seth speaks. I have felt a lot of the same things- with time and space. Whenever we take a road trip, it is somehow faster and easier to return in the same space, and if I keep moving or traveling, I feel like time moves differently for me.

personalreality

most of what i would have to say has already been said.  but i want to echo ryan in that what you're talking about are the basic principles of Einstein's general relativity (time is relative to the observer), and some of the basic principles of quantum mechanics (nonlocality, or action-at-a-distance).

I do want to say that counterpart doesn't necessarily mean opposite in this case.  it's not like a particle of matter and it's sister particle of antimatter are linked upon their creation.  what research has shown is that when two electrons are programmed with the same information, making a connection between the two, what happens to one also happens to the other no matter how far apart they are.  focusing on the "opposite" part isn't really the important thing to take away from that revelation.  what this shows us is that distance is irrelevant, space as distance is irrelevant.  time as we know it and the laws of physics that einstein discovered don't apply to quantum mechanics like they do for the macrocosm.  underneath the physical reality we see, there is some kind of fundamental "field" that interconnects all matter in our visible universe.
be awesome.

blis

The moments dont pass. You pass the moments. There is only the now - no passage of time. We're the ones that speed up or slow down, not time.

This isnt neccisarilly my opinion. I havent thought it through yet. I just stilled my mind and typed what came to me.

Fourthdimension

Lol theres too many replies to reply to lmao..........

Cheers Xanth i ll do some reading into Einstein :)

Thanks Astral316 that was informative and perception is too complicated lmao i mean imagine that if our perception on inanimate objects or concepts become complicated imagine what it is like when two people first meet both with diffrent perceptions of one another . No wonder people argue so much lol

Thanks Radman , I am gonna watch the video right after this.

Lexi i feel totally the opposite lol when its friday it still feels like monday lmao

Noy i totally fogot that 4th dimension is time haha.

Thanks for you reply stookie. I dunno wether its because its 2am or because i am stupid but i did nt really understand what you meant. could you explain more please? By the way stookie or should i say stookesman haha i loved the track that you and pr made its a good album. Its motivated me to try a little composition my self haha. well done on that.

Cstar who is Seth?

Thanks for explaining that more Personalreality. It makes a lot more sense now. Again i like to say i loved your album. Are you making a new one?

Blis, Thanks Blis :P

Sorry for the unconstructive reply i have wrote now but as i said its 2am and todays been pretty busy but i just decided to reply before i forgot.

Thanks for the replies though

take care
Click here

personalreality

I will when I move.  I'll be moving in 2 weeks, so I have a lot of stuff to get done before I move, no time to produce right now.  But as soon I get to where I'm going, that'll be the first thing I start doing.  I'll even have a dedicated studio when I move (instead of a computer set up in the living room), so it should be even better. 
be awesome.

Everlasting

It's a frequency thing, since the frequency of the solar system increases time speeds up. Time is  part of the physical and is not a separate dimension.
Priests of hippocratic love talk of peace and Christ, Power is their only goal. Now they all shall die.

personalreality

Seth is a channeled entity.

Channeled by Jane Roberts in the 60's and 70's and on until her death.

Good read.
be awesome.

Fourthdimension

cool thanks Pr i ll try and find a book of hers and read it over a nice coffee :P
Click here

cstar

I see Seth as a someone who speaks primarily from a focus 4 (per Frank Kepple) perspective. If you read the series-
Seth speaks, The Nature of Personal Reality, etc. you will see what I mean. The books are supposed to be the personality that is channeled through Jane Roberts.

karen659

Interesting this thread is here, posting the latest just seconds before I posted my latest OBE experience....which included my 'lessons' on time!!!

Very interesting....and very synchronistic!

Karen
www.karen659.blogspot.com
The more we learn the more limitless the Universe becomes!