News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

TMI workshops

Previous topic - Next topic

seth3116

Dear Friends:
I am new here and it is quite possible that the topic I am posting has been already discussed before somewhere within this magnificent forum.

As I am approaching my 50-th birthday, my family presented me with a very special gift: $2000 for TMI workshop. It has been my long standing dream to get there and "to see everything myself." As a background info, i am pretty much familiar  with Robert Monroe's writings, and with RI/RV,
with many BB techniques and CDs, and such. Because now I have money,
I began to look into terms and conditions and, frankly speaking, some difficult questions have arisen. Maybe somebody of you people may dispel my concerns

1. The TMI has a very tough refund policy. They require $500 with your
application, and as a matter of fact immediately take out $250 for themselves, no matter what happens next. If you do not cancel your appointment prior 45 days you lose $500. Here is a problem for me.
It is difficult in our busy life to plan anything costly so long in advance. And in fact, to pay $250 for cancellation even with 45 days notice. Anything may happen nowadays: children got sick, unexpected development with your employment, even terrorist attack, etc. This cancellation policy seems to me quite unique. I guess, my question is this:
is it really worth to risk such a big money to get there? Isn't it more or less the same just to order CD and study the gateway experience on your own, in privacy of your home? Is it really a so much more powerful experience to actually be there, as compared with "do-it-on-your-own", that one really have to take the risk to experience something really unique

2. Another question about accommodations. I have inherited from my traumatic past some kind of sleep disorder which makes my sleep pattern a kind of unusual. As a rule, I get up 2:15-2:45 in the morning, and do
meditation for about 30 minutes. Then I go to bed again and sleep until
morning. This fancy regime has allowed me to be in a good shape without medications for many years. But that means that I will definitely need a separate room at TMI. When I asked TMI if that possible to reserve a single room for me with some sort of guarantee, they've responded that
they'll do their best but cannot guarantee. So the whole idea of my trip is still prone to the game of chance. And it is not exactly the mood I can afford before such a life changing event. Can anybody who have been there describe in general terms their experiences, not only from the spiritual point of view, but from more like "down-to-earth" practicalities of living there?

Thank you

Seth

laiana

Ater Corax

The Monroe Institute?

-Ater
"If you can't feel the magic, it's not there."
                                       -Witchcraft From the Ground Up

Member previously known as rantboi.

Stookie

Personally, I wouldn't want to pass up the experience. Even if you sleep bad the entire time (which might help in the long run), it's something other people would love to get a chance to do (like me). And as far as worrying about others health and terrorist attacks, etc, don't let that stop you. The world won't fall apart in the short time you're gone. Think of it as a vacation - into the astral!