Travelling to a star/planet – just can’t do it

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex-Anderson

Hello, I had my third OBE this week and in less than 5 days. My OBE's have only ever happened at night from a dream state but recently I have found that I'm now waking up briefly during the night, slipping into a vibrational state and then subsequently into an OBE – trouble with these night time excursions is you are always so tired the next day!

Anyway I have been determined to travel further than my immediate surroundings (i.e. my house, bedroom etc). Last night once more I made it outside onto my street. Whilst outside I will often stand in my road and stare up the night sky and look at a few stars or even the moon. My objective is to choose a star and travel there but for some reason I'm always failing to make the journey.

When I'm outside and I attempt to launch towards my chosen star I seem to either do two things after launching – I will slip into a vivid dream state from the OBE and wake up, or the OBE fades and I wake up. Either way I'm not staying alert/conscious during the OBE when I'm attempting the journey i.e. travelling in real time towards my chosen destination.

Also I do not think the stars I'm looking at are a true representation of the night sky from where I would be standing. Last night it was actually overcast but in my OBE I saw a clear sky as stood in my road. The stars that I'm seeing from the ground always appear to be in a grid like repeating pattern. I'm assuming this is because it's obviously a fantasy driven night sky as I have no knowledge on astronomy to make a true representation. This of course is based on the supposition that there is some sort of reality to what I'm expected to see during the OBE real time zone environment, or perhaps there isn't it?

Any advice on how to break this barrier? I assume it's possible to do this from an OBE, and perhaps it's just something that will come with experience, and effort.

blis

I've been trying to get to the moon since my first obe six months ago. I can fly up to a certain hight but then its like I just stop going upwards and can only go forwards as if there's gravity above that point. After a few moments trying to push higher I fade back into waking. And my flying is frustratingly slow.

I reckon my limitation is coming from myself. Maybe because it's happened this way so often it's just what I expect. I believe I should be able to, so I dont understand whats holding me back. I remember once reading about heavy energy or something weighing you down. Didnt really pay much attention at the time as I hadnt managed to get out at that point.

I've been meaning to meditate on some affirmations about my ability to fly places. Thats the best idea I've been able to come up with so far.

I've noticed some pretty major discrepancies with the sky too. I saw two moons once. One was like a shadow moon below it and to the left and kind of hard to see because it was so dark. No idea what that was all about.

personalreality

I too have always had difficulty leaving my immediate surroundings (my house, community, etc.)

Anytime I would try to go to the moon or a star I would fly straight up and be pulled back to the ground, like I had elastic pulling me back to the ground.  Then the AP would fade and I would be back in my body.

I have never been able to stop it.
be awesome.

Xanth

Quote from: Alex-Anderson on October 26, 2010, 05:50:24
Any advice on how to break this barrier? I assume it's possible to do this from an OBE, and perhaps it's just something that will come with experience, and effort.
You could be facing the same effect as the "walking through the wall" thing.

You haven't beaten that subconscious thought that what you're TRYING to do is possible.
So your protective sense of self awareness wakes you up before you're able to get very far.

Remember, you also don't have to "fly" to your destination.
Just simply think about it... feel out for your destination... and you should shift there.

Alex-Anderson

In a book I read by Robert Bruce called Astral Dynamics he mentions that initially it's not advisable to go too far from your body as the OBE will often fail. Perhaps this is true; maybe I should pick up more confidence or know-how closer to home and then think about travelling further afield.

Xanth – thank you for your response in both posts and I understand what you are implying. My problem is I feel I need to initially fly as part of the benchmarking for my OBE's – I guess way of measuring the experience.  Perhaps once I have some air miles beneath my belt I will then try the think or feel method.

Xanth

Quote from: Alex-Anderson on October 26, 2010, 10:58:51
In a book I read by Robert Bruce called Astral Dynamics he mentions that initially it's not advisable to go too far from your body as the OBE will often fail. Perhaps this is true; maybe I should pick up more confidence or know-how closer to home and then think about travelling further afield.
I've read lots of accounts of people having proved that to be nothing more than a belief of his own.

QuoteXanth – thank you for your response in both posts and I understand what you are implying. My problem is I feel I need to initially fly as part of the benchmarking for my OBE's – I guess way of measuring the experience.  Perhaps once I have some air miles beneath my belt I will then try the think or feel method.
Understandable.
But really... you're not "moving" anywhere.
You don't ever "go" to the environment... the environment "comes" to you.  :)

Capt. Picard

I have similar issues with going far in the RTZ. I also try to go into space and to the moon often but usually something messes up somewhere. The one time I tryed flying into space I thought I had actually made it. I turned around to look back on the earth and noticed that every country was marked with a sign popping out of it lol, so I then realized this was not RTZ anymore. Ive also only been able to make it to the countryside outside of my town (10km or so) while in the RTZ before I notice major discrepancies. I am skeptical that thinking to change the environment or whatever even works in the RTZ, I think more often then not it just sends you to an astral plane similar to the physical environment you want to go to, maybe the RTZ dosent even exist (although confirmation experiments would say otherwise).

Alex-Anderson

Quote from: Capt. Picard on October 26, 2010, 16:23:53
The one time I tryed flying into space I thought I had actually made it. I turned around to look back on the earth and noticed that every country was marked with a sign popping out of it lol, so I then realized this was not RTZ anymore.

LOL, brilliant, sort of thing I would expect to happen to me...

In books that I have read about OBE's it usually sates to remain completely focussed otherwise your imagination can pollute what you are seeing (such as avoid negative thinking or fear to avoid experiencing negative or fear). Apart from immediate surroundings such as my bedroom or home interior I have noticed that the RTZ on the outside is often far from anything I would usually recognize or identify with.

For instance the other night (in an OBE of course) on my road I stood trying to aim for a star but could only make it to a telegraph wire that was just above me, and I kept repeating this loop (up and down touching the telegraph wire). Then as I looked across the road there was as an eerie silence with this an unusual wind vibration noise, and then a tumble weed blew by. I remember during the OBE being somewhat baffled at what I was meant to be seeing or interpreting.  I live in the UK and there are no tumbleweeds here and further more there are no telegraph wires on my street.

I'm not expecting a life for like representation during an OBE or even for that matter the my geographical environment playing some sort of control such just because I'm in the UK means I can only see or hear things restricted to the UK, but it sort of weakens my understanding of what I assume the RTZ is and what I should expect to see within it.

My recent 'outdoor' experiences has made me more sceptical about the RTZ and like the chicken or the egg scenario if I remain focussed how do I know I'm still not constructing the scene. I assumed OBEs had some independent governance of their own that could not be influenced.

Regardless I will still have OBE's but and will still aim to travel to a star or planet but I guess I need to forget thinking my journey is going to be some sort of National Geographic expedition.

Xanth

That's an idea that myself and PR have been tossing around lately.

There is actually a lot of evidence to support that particular line of thinking as well.
HOWEVER, there is also some evidence to the contrary.  It's all about finding a model that fits everything neatly together.

But yeah, IF the RTZ is just another self-created reality... then what "planet" are you actually going to?
You'll be going to your expectation of what that planet should be.

blis

Maybe its just our perception of the RTZ that is unreliable. Trying to percieve an unstable non-physical environment with faculties used to percieving the physical is bound to throw up some strange results, especially when you throw in the influence of our subconscious.

Xanth

Quote from: blis on October 27, 2010, 09:10:27
Maybe its just our perception of the RTZ that is unreliable. Trying to percieve an unstable non-physical environment with faculties used to percieving the physical is bound to throw up some strange results, especially when you throw in the influence of our subconscious.
That's definitely another idea. :)

Alex-Anderson

The assumption I'm leaning towards is that an OBE (or AP) has meaning, but as a participant I have a role to play in how that meaning unfolds. The problem is how that meaning relates to everyone else's participation within this reality.

Or perhaps another way of looking this is the OBE world exists only as 'I see it', but does its existence share any relationships regardless of my participation – meaning there must be some structural form that is the result of my influence and the influence of the OBE environment on me.

Despite my numerous experiences and some being somewhat challenging I still remain somewhat sceptical, and I always appear to keep that sceptical hat on while still in my OBE's (always trying to do experiments to challenge what I'm experiencing, or understand why).

The problem I have is perception vs reality of what the RTZ is and as this is the only environment I have experienced I'm somewhat still limited to knowing how this relates to other environments/planes. Perhaps there should be more research that looks at the basic assumptions that defines the perception of the RTZ other than a lot of somewhat dogmatic descriptions/ideas that have been floating around.