VERY simple and powerful LD technique

Previous topic - Next topic

apsinvo

All,

I wanted to share a technique that I've figured out that has successfully worked 6 days running for lucid dreams. This is from someone who has tried and failed at every projection, relaxation, visualization technique in the world. For all those who just "CANT" project or have any kind of experience like me, there is real hope :)

I'm not going to criticize other techniques as I certainly don't have enough experience to do so. I am surprised though that people talk so much of sleep cycles, and waking up with alarm clocks, etc. Everyone's sleep cycles are slightly different, and you'll never catch the exact moment you fall asleep so trying to set your alarm to wake you up at an advantageous point after a sleep cycle, is in my opinion, absolutely useless. I welcome any advice to the contrary. Anyway -

Before you're ready to sleep, go and take a pee, and then drink a glass of water. The only thing you might need to experiment with, is how much you drink. Enough to wake you up in a few hours, not enough to need another pee in 10 minutes before you get to sleep. A full glass (250ml?) does it for me. Assuming you dont drink too much, your body will wake you up naturally, when it is in a relatively light sleep after a your deep sleep period. That simple. I personally never recall dreams during that first 3 or 4.5 hour period as I'm in a deep sleep and dreams are very vague and limited.

Wake up, go to the toilet, have a pee, wash your face with cold water and take a few deep breaths so you don't just fall immediately back to sleep.

If you keep a journal or start building one up of vivid or lucid dreams, read some pages of it as I find it helps. Don't stay up more than about 5 minutes or your body will wake up too much and you probably wont be able to sleep again. Lie back down and go to sleep, just keep repeating in your mind affirmations. I use the sentence "Am I dreaming? I'm going to be lucid." over and over in my mind. If you can't sleep, you're probably repeating it too often and focusing too hard on it.

Hopefully, you'll find yourself asleep a few minutes later and dreaming still repeating the same phrase, "am I dreaming? I'm going to be lucid", at which point you become instantly lucid.

It works and it works well [for me]. I'm not going to go on about a load of advice on LDs yet as I'm not an expert and am just starting out. I've also found my journey has been hindered so far by reading too much bad advice and incorrect assumptions. When I've had more experience, I'll be very happy to share what I 'know' rather than what I 'think' or 'believe'. Some things that I know to help you with LDs:

1. Commands really work. I've found that short ones especially "clarity now", "give me vision", "fly now" seem to almost always work. Longer ones like "I cant see, I want to see" seem to do nothing for me. If a concise command doesnt work, put more intention and thought into it and say it with a bit more conviction - it WILL then work.

2. Keep a jornal of EVERY dream you remember and every LD you have. Just a few nights of writing down dream fragments, however small or irrelevant, and your dreams WILL become more vivid.

3. Im not an advocator of drugs/plants/etc etc nor am I a doctor. I do however find that a high dose vitamin B pill before sleep makes my dreams MUCH more vivid. I stumbled upon this by mistake, when I forgot to take my vitamins before sleep and had a very hazy/short dream and very little recall. I then googled for it, and google seems to agree.

4. I BELIEVE that the key to becoming MORE lucid is through testing your senses. I have not validated this myself, and I'm currently working on it. I welcome feedback. Try touching, then smelling, then hearing something, see if it doesnt become more vivid. "CLARITY NOW" command certainly works for vision. Also try and not be so 'self focused' and trying to think or go crazy with excitement. Instead, examine your scenery in more detail, become more interested in it.

Hope this helps :)

apsinvo

One other comment to add.

Something that often helps when I first become lucid (especially because I'm always very excited) is to repeat a few times "You're lucid. Calm down, dont go crazy, and just focus and center." Too much excitement is sure to end the LD quickly.

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

Hey apsinvo,
The lucid dreams you are experiencing are probably OBE's. You mentioned that commands work, and that senses seem the same as usual physical phenomenon. (I believe that all dreams are experiences on higher dimensions anyways, it's only when you're lucid that something really special takes place)
It's interesting how vitamin B makes your experiences more vivid.. What dosage are you taking?

faxman

Thanks a lot for sharing your method here.

apsinvo

Quote from: Under_the_Midnight_Sun on February 01, 2011, 13:04:22
It's interesting how vitamin B makes your experiences more vivid.. What dosage are you taking?

This one right here: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=60&prodid=667 there are actually way stronger ones out there too. I understand that any of the B complex that you don't use/need just gets pee'd out, but I'm not comfortable taking stupid doses of it just for the sake of it. Who knows what happens decades down the line :)

A lot of people swear by valerian root - I can't say it does anything to me whatsoever, so I suppose its all down to individual differences. Be interested to know if simple vitamin B makes any difference for anyone else but it's by far the most powerful dream enhancer that I've come across.

Under_the_Midnight_Sun

Quote from: apsinvo on February 01, 2011, 13:58:30
This one right here: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=60&prodid=667 there are actually way stronger ones out there too. I understand that any of the B complex that you don't use/need just gets pee'd out, but I'm not comfortable taking stupid doses of it just for the sake of it. Who knows what happens decades down the line :)

A lot of people swear by valerian root - I can't say it does anything to me whatsoever, so I suppose its all down to individual differences. Be interested to know if simple vitamin B makes any difference for anyone else but it's by far the most powerful dream enhancer that I've come across.
thanks, i've definitely got to try it out sometime

c0sm0nautt

Interesting technique using the water.  :-D

I've found that after you wake up in the middle of the night you are in the best position to launch into an OBE. I use affirmations as well. "Now I am out of body." I also simultaneously visualize and feel myself walking around my house. With some luck I will find myself in the vibrational stage or already conscious in some nonphysical reality. It's such a bummer when you wake up a few hours later without a conscious experience, although my dreams are always more vivid if I wake up at least once in the middle of the night.

You said this worked 6 nights in a row for you!? That's pretty amazing. I haven't had one in a month or so now :/
Check out my blog @ http://astralsun.blogspot.com/