News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

very very scary

Previous topic - Next topic

JKE

Draege

Sounds like a bad nightmare.. Personally I don't think you have anything to worry about. I often get dream shifts combined with false awakenings (thinking you woke up, but you didn't..) and also it sounds like you might have woken into sleep paralysis temporarily which is where you're slightly awake, but unable to move or speak and likely are experiencing the leftovers from the dream such as the pulling hands.

Just my guess.

JKE

thanks loads for replying guys. I am glad this is most probs a nightmare. I have recently began getting in to AP again and have read Astral Dynamics by R. Bruce. U are right about the sleep paralysis part Draege, i forgot to mention that when i woke i actually couldnt move for around 5 seconds. Anyway i realy appreciate the replies.

thanks

jon.

JKE

oh my god ive been browsing around the site and OH MY F**K!!! there is some seriously scary stuff on here. I just read a bit about R. Bruces possesion. I dont wanna read any more of that kinda stuff cos its gonna put me off altogether. sorry for calling my subject scary.

astralpwka

Quote from: MajorTom

For example, the idea of floating down the stairs must come with an innocent feeling of wonder and thrill. Interestingly, I had the same thing as a child in exactly the same way as you did. I was always under impression after waking up and walking down the stairs that I could easily fly down the stairs. In fact, I almost did once at around 7 years old so strong was the belief I could do it. Luckily I didn't, and many years later I realized this belief was on the basis of numerous times I flew down those stairs in unconscious OBEs, which I only started to remember many years later.

This is the exact same early childhood OBE that I had when young as well. For me though, it was scary and uncontrolable and I would panic before I reached the bottom, ending the experience. It reoccured so frequently, it stopped bothering me and I let myself stay with it, which took me soaring out the front door. Unfortunately, by no longer panicking I only had the experience two or so more times before they ended.

I can still remember the feeling it gave me in my gut from the dropping sensation...

JKE

cheers majortom. i know i have to keep these fears in check. its just hard to keep your mind from wondering , ya know. They sound like some pretty intense experiences u had. nice 1 on overcoming on them.

its funny what u said about ur childhood stairs OBE. Mine is exactly the same, i also always thought i could just leap from the top of the stairs all the way to the bottom. This was at a very young age and fortunately i never tried.