Diving out of the dream

Previous topic - Next topic

Adun

First time this happened to me was almost two years ago when i had my 2 only oobes(excluding the paralysis and vibrational episodes i have even now), the firts oobe was intencional from a lucid dream, the second was from a non-lucid dream, i was in some kind of war and died, to reenter the battle i had to enter in an intact body, as i dove in, the dream vanished and i was "diving out" of my body. In both those experiencies i freaked out, not only because of not being to used to the feeling of being out of body, i was hearing a loud noise too.
Almost two years later, after a lot of vibrational episodes and experience at lucid dreaming i still didn't get out, because of fear of fear, fear of the manifestation of my fears, but even more fear of not being used of the oob state and feel panic like the other times. Today it happened again, i was having a weird cartoon style lucid dream(with a background music lol), i dove into a tv that was in front of me and found myself out of body, i tried not to move and closed my eyes as soon as i got out(i usually do it in the sleep apralysis state because i have the fear of seeing the manifestation of my fears), i knew i was out because i remembered the sensation of separating from the body, i didn't get as scared as i think i would, the only sound i heard was the rain(it was raining), there was one "scary" thing i felt, fingers touching my back, not moving, just in contact with my back, seconds later i was back in my body. It could have been much better, i could have got up and explore, but i didn't because i wasn't ready, 1 second i'm calm in a dream, the other i'm out of body, it caught me by surprise. After all this experience helped because i lost part of the fear i had. :D

I would like to ask if is it normal to get out of body when dreaming we dive into something?
and what was that "fingers touching my back" sensation?

i don't know why so many people say it's hard to get out of body, i think it's easy, if it wasn't for the fear i would proably have a long oobe jornal by now :?

Selski

Hi FeNc3r

Your post reminded me of a dream where I became lucid and decided to dive through the nearest window.

And yes, I ended up in some astral environment and had a whale of a time meeting all the slightly "odd" animals.

Fingers on your back?  Hmmm, could have been anything.  I've had all sorts of weird stuff happen, but I've never shown fear.  The best thing to do is to simply mentally observe the sensations you are feeling and they seem to pass.

I had a small boy crawl on me one time.  He stopped on me.  So I stopped what I was doing and waited to see what his next move was.  After a bit, he either got bored, or realised he wasn't going to frighten me, and he crawled off me and went on his merry way.  

If I had panicked when he landed on me, who knows what might have happened!

Happy travels.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Mendel

FeNc3r,

I often use "diving" to leave a lucid dream to enter into an OBE
or astral exploration. One way to look at it is the lucid dream world
is finite. If you go through the boundaries, you enter into the common
area (astral) or you partially awaken in your etheric or OBE body.

Your finger experience is very common for early OBE experiences.
Some people say that the fingers or stroking experience is actually
another one of your bodies which you are not conscious of is touching
you out of fascination of the new experience.

-mike

Adun

thanks for the replies
the fingers didn't scare me, it felt like the intention was just to annoy me, i forgot to mention that i said "get out of here" and the felling faded away.
When i had my first oobe i freaked out and had problems with sleep for a week, now the fear is way smaller, maybe i'll have a good one soon!