News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Vibes

Previous topic - Next topic

fost500

Will someone please explain what the vibrations feel like, and dont say "oh youll kno when you get em". What do they FEEL like. Recently, after i lay down to go to sleep, I get this feeling as if someone is shaking the bed slightly, but i can't manipulate them like ive read you can. Do these sound like mild vibes to anyone, or do i have little men who live under my bed and laugh at me ???
Death is only tragic for those who get left behind

glacius*

Yes thats the vibes!! Feels like the bed is shaking. I get that too and then just relax and they will get stronger.
Addicted to reason
It fortifies my existence here
a hollow understanding trapped me here
I cannot see inside but its calling me
a god that does not speak, judge or lie and
this eye watches over me
I seem to know you well
www.mushroomstump.com

Frank

Fost500:

When they used to happen with me it was like sitting on an out-of-balance spin dryer revolving at high speed.

Yours,
Frank

Mattoid

Ah i must say mine are kinda' different, how can i describe 'em? hmmm.. with me it's like a million fingers tapping all round and inside my body, i know i always feel really dizzy too.  8)

Oh and for some reason, occasionally i'll tend to feel a little panic.. but in a nice way, blah i can't explain it, i don't know if it's 'normal'.. not like a mental ''OH excrement I'M GOING WTF?!'' but more of a physical blah.. nevermind...

Selski

I've only experienced them once (after "asking" for them) and it felt like I was a machine that had malfunctioned and I was about to explode into a million tiny pieces.

Hmmmm.

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

ralphm

To me the vibes have been like like being tickled with feathers all the way up to being slammed into a wall. Sometimes while relaxing and listening to music they can be very subtle or while sleeping they can be strong enough to wake me.
In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.

The Night Mist

Is it really true that some people never get the vibrations?  ...I mean I have gotten close to having an OBE but I never felt the bed was shaking or anything...just a little sound in my ear (exactly like when you yawn) and my body was like boiling...  :?:

Jeff_Mash

Night Mist,

Yes, don't get too preoccupied with the vibes.  I personally believe that feeling these vibes (or NOT feeling them) is only a matter of awareness.

To expound further, I have maybe only been consciously aware of the 'vibes' on less than 10 projections (out of hundreds).  If, before exiting, I were to concentrate on them, then yes, I would feel something.  Instead, I just feel a weird, humming type of sensation and pleasantly roll out....sometimes with a lot of effort.

From my experience though, you will feel these vibes more pronounced (and sometimes violent) if:

1) You're scared
2) You just don't want to project at that moment and you fight it
3) You're disorientated

To me, these vibes are nothing more than your conscious mind hanging around between the sleep paralysis state, and the astral projection state.  It's a struggle of your body being pulled one direction (lying in bed paralyzed) and the other direction (projecting your consciousness out of your body).  

So if you're in this in between state but leaning more towards the sleep paralysis, these vibes will be more strong...more violent and hard to control.

If you're leaning more towards the conscious exit stage of OBE, then you may not even feel these vibes, because you're not focusing on them.   Instead, you're focused on the exit process.

Hope that helps.  It's just my two cents on the subject.  =)
Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.mjmmagic.com