What is your first projection?

Previous topic - Next topic

The Night Mist

I haven't been able to do it YET...but I will :) . So can I hear your first projection, it's always nice to hear somebody else's experiences.

sunneysoul71

Hello,

my first projection was involuntary and spontaneous.

I woke up outside my body and was hovering just above my physical body. There was no astral counterpart.

Someone in this forum once wrote that he experienced himself as a point of consciousness. That is exactly how I felt at that time. I consisted of my physical senses plus 360 degree vision, even though everything was very dim and had a greenish tint, similar to night vision goggles.

Back then I had no idea about OBEs, nor how to control them. So I just hovered there asking myself what was going on and a host of other questions. Interestingly, knowledge started coming to me from a source outside of myself and I had a strong sense that there was a lot more out there for me.

I don't recall why, but at some point I sank back into my body with a very soft hissing sound. Quite soothing actually.
Then I was back in my body but unable to move at first. It took a few seconds to get my physical body to cooperate. The only thing left after that was sheer euphoria. I felt fantastic, enlightened and entirely certain that this had been something quite extraordinary and most definitely not a dream.
The next day I bought my first book on OBEs.

Michael
The most dependable information on the six o'clock news is the weather report.

Selski

(Taken directly from my journal)

Number 1 - 21 June 2003

Started lucid dreaming.  It was sexually explicit.  After a while, my shoulders felt cold, so I used my astral arms to tuck the blanket round them.  While I was doing this, I became aware of it, and aware my physical arms weren't moving, and realised what was happening.

It dawned on me that I could fly in this state.  I decided to get out of the house and fly.  I don't recall actually getting out of the chair, but my next awareness is trying to walk behind the settee going towards the French windows.  Walking was a very strange experience, as my feet couldn't actually feel the floor.  My legs felt very swollen, but I knew if I put one leg in front of the other, I would get there.  I remembered that I shouldn't look back at myself sleeping, nor look at the clock on the mantelpiece, in case I saw my reflection through the glass.  All of a sudden, I was back in my body, still "asleep", still able to think.

Once again, I don't recall getting off the chair, but walking was easier this time.  I got to the French windows and had one hand on the door handle, one hand on the key ready to unlock it.  Just then, I heard footsteps outside, along the patio just beyond the French windows.  I froze.  My worry was if G looked in, what he would see, so I kept very still, hoping that if he did look in, he wouldn't see the astral me.  The footsteps didn't go away, neither did they stop, but just kept the same volume and pace until I was back in my body again.  I slowly woke up.

Once awake and thinking about what had happened, I didn't remember having my eyes open, although I could "see" in a sense, in that I knew where the door handle was and so on.
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

Telos

I was getting back into dream-journaling again, grudgingly, in order to strengthen my ability to lucid dream.

I was a sophomore in high school, about 6 years ago, and found myself interested in a show called "Dragonball Z." Why? The characters... they could fly, teleport, sense each other's energy, and perform telekinesis... they were lucid dreaming! But the characters also did something I did not expect - they "raised their power levels." Interesting. I started doing the same while in lucid dreaming, and it had an unexpected affect...

I was in a kind of underground ruin, a character in an adventure type dream, when an enemy appeared and I all of a sudden realized that I was dreaming. "This is going to be easy," I thought. I evaded and flew to a ledge and began raising my power. The whole cavern shook in an earthquake... rocks fell on dream parters, on me, there was lightning strike, rumbling, chaos... I was going to die, but I kept going.

The roof collapsed.

And then I was in bed. Still feeling the rumbling vibrations from the earthquake. Was I awake? No. Was I paralyzed? No. "What bizarre state is this?" I thought. Could it be possible for me to get up without actually moving my body? I tried it. Snap. The vibrations diminished. I was floating up. Everything was so blurry. No. This is inhuman. I shouldn't be able to do this. This is impossible. I only hear about this in stories. Why do people think this is impossible? I'm doing it right now!

I resigned and dematerialized. I woke up.

astralpwka

My very first were when I was young, maybe around 7 or so. They were spontaneous. I remember falling through the floor and finding myself in our downstairs. Then I woke up on the couch where I was napping. I was able to remember everything about the downstairs, such as the pair of scissors on the nearby table, a door being cracked open just a little, etc...

My first experience once I knew what astral projection was happened through exiting a lucid dream. I was able to walk through my living room, notice how much cleaner my desk was in the astral, and observe my son watching television. What was interesting about this is that I was able to observe the color of the clothing he was wearing, but not the type of clothing.

Naiad780

Let's see.  I was half asleep but really wishing for a drink of water, but I was too lazy to get out of bed to go to the kitchen to get it.  Suddenly I was IN the kitchen looking at the sink.  I was also aware of my physical body back in bed.  The shock of it put me back in my body immediately.

All my projections have been like this--I'm trying to do more consciously and not shock myself back into my body.

Eol007

The furthest back I can remember having an OBE type experience is to about just a little more than 3 years of age possibly 4. I had been tucked closely under the covers between my parents and I had woken from sleep or had thought I had done so. At that age the divide between worlds was very fine and had been used to watching dreamscapes shimmer before my eyes. It was as if I was in their bed room as I could turn round and see all the features of that space and at the same time peer out into a panoramic vista! My attention moved back to the bed and I noticed toys and matchbox cars that I had been playing with earlier in the day appear tidily arranged on the bedspread. To childish joy and amazement the cars started to drive over the crest of crumpled blankets apparently all of their own accord and woolen toys ambulate around the room as if in their own play. I remember with crystal clarity calling to my parents 'look, look, my cars are driving by themselves' look look'. To my disappointment my parents did not lift an eyelid from the slumber! Needless to say my own attention wavered, the toy play disappeared and my head fell heavy. Subsequent attempts to explain my evening's fun met on bemused ears. Oh, dear you had a dream... !

hejira2004

My first real-time out of body projection was about three weeks ago although I've been "waking up" in my astral body from a dream all of my life.  But I'm really excited about real-time projection!  The way it happened is this---I've had a chronic pain condition for several years and I'm at that place where I'm just sick of being in my body (but I can't die because I have a husband and child) so one day after I dropped my daughter off at school, I came home and went to bed, just because I wanted out of my body.  The emotional state was very strong.  Then I lifted up out of my body and floated down the hall!  I sort of stalled going around the corner to the kitchen (I'm figuring the feng shui people would say there's a blockage there so I'm going to cure that) but then I started "swimming" and got going again very well!  Then I went back to my body.  Since then, I've done real-time projection about five times, never out for more than a few seconds.  I get very excited still and can't sustain the state.  It's the most fun, or at least parallels the most fun!,  I've ever had.  I want to get good enough at it to start doing research.

pekle

my first concsious OBE was awesome to me. I had been trying to get one forever, then one night i had many wakeups, and little sleep. When i finally got some sleep i got a dream wich turned lucid. And at that exact point that i became aware, a flash of light blinked and i was back in my dark room lying in the bed.

Another second and oh my god.. when i think of the feeling i got i cant belive i havnt tried harder getting another one since then!

I floated out of my body followed by a really odd psycadelic sound, and i remember being happier then ive ever been before, i was 16 then, now im almoast 17.

I floated up in the roof where everything was dark and i had to check if it was an OBE so i though about my body and back i was, but then i automaticly flew out again.

I really didnt go anywhere because i was so afraid of "ruining" the OBE so i kinda just floated around in my room next to my bed. I dont remember seing myself, there was much dark, i just remember my white roof and some of the big objects like my table and bed etc.

Anyways i sank down again, and i was thinking about a friend i wanted to meet and i closed my "eyes". Thats when it faded away and dissapeared into sleep again.

Ive had some lucid dreams later where ive been flying around in my home town. Im not sure if they count as OBE.
Yea I`m a norwegian, so what you gonna do !

Targett

i just had my first obe like 1 hour ago

i was a little in doubt about it at first because everything was very dark, like shadows, but it seems other people had this aswell.

i cant be bothed writing about it again but heres the link to the other forums where i wrote about it

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16598

:D
As long as there is the slightest tinge of self in any of our actions,
As long as we are good because we hope for reward,
Then we shall be return here in order to recieve that award
-Reincarnation

recoverer

Hello Hejira:

I have a history of chronic pain (mostly lower back pain). Recently I started using a program started by Dr. John Sarno. It is based on the idea that pain is mind created. By mind created I don't mean imaginary. What happens is that repressed emotions cause physical pain by doing things such as restricting blood flow to muscle fibers. The medical community tends to have a lot of problem with this sort of thing, because they don't acknowledge how closely linked the body and mind are. Thousands of people have gotten rid of years of bad back pain etc. by following his program. Many by just reading his book and applying the principles. Since you're open to the idea of astral projection, I figured that you might be open to the idea of the mind body connection.

The book can be found here. Check out the reader's reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446392308/qid=1106947703/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8341587-9963937?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The reason I visited this forum is because John Sarno's process has you work on pulling up repressed memories and ever since I started the process, I've started hear the noise that is made before you astrally project. Something I did years ago.

Quote from: hejira2004My first real-time out of body projection was about three weeks ago although I've been "waking up" in my astral body from a dream all of my life.  But I'm really excited about real-time projection!  The way it happened is this---I've had a chronic pain condition for several years and I'm at that place where I'm just sick of being in my body (but I can't die because I have a husband and child) so one day after I dropped my daughter off at school, I came home and went to bed, just because I wanted out of my body.  The emotional state was very strong.  Then I lifted up out of my body and floated down the hall!  I sort of stalled going around the corner to the kitchen (I'm figuring the feng shui people would say there's a blockage there so I'm going to cure that) but then I started "swimming" and got going again very well!  Then I went back to my body.  Since then, I've done real-time projection about five times, never out for more than a few seconds.  I get very excited still and can't sustain the state.  It's the most fun, or at least parallels the most fun!,  I've ever had.  I want to get good enough at it to start doing research.

BlackRose666

My first projection  a near-death experience when I was 4. After being badly beaten up, all the pain stopped and I was floating.I kept going up,up,up, until I was in space. One of the strangest yet beautiful beings told me it wasn't my time to go. I told him I didn't want to go back, but he said I had no choice as I was too young. He carried me back to the kitchen and told me I could still visit him and the place where we were at if I layed still in my bed and thought nothing and not move until I felt tingling then floating. At that, he put me back in my body. I told my dad what happened. He told me I had an astral projection which meant my spirit was out of my body. He looked very pale when I described the being. He said he thought it was not evil or a daemon, but still an angel in negative form. He told me not to trust them. I kept seeing that being on the astral until my guide drove him off when I was 13.
Within the darkness, the light shines the brightest. Ave Lucifer

Aros

My first consciously recollected OBE was remembering floating above the telephone pole at the end of my driveway when I was maybe 5 or 6 years old. When I woke up, I knew it was more than just a dream. The sensation of floating and seeing from that vantage point seemed too lucid.

My first conscious OBE as an adult was actually a false awakening. I heard my alarm go off, so I sat up in bed. Puzzled, because the clock said 4:23am, which meant my alarm shouldn't go off until another few hours.

Then I noticed this lump in my bed. I thought, "who the hell is in my bed??!" I turned slowly around and saw myself sleeping. That was when I suddenly was sucked back into my body and I awoke, quite startled but completely aware that I was out of my body the entire time.
Aros

Risu no Kairu

I don't really remember mine. I know it's posted somewehre here on this forum if al lthe posts from the last incarnation of this forum are still around.

It wasn't anything spectacular. All of my OBEs have been sucky, so far.

They happen when I give up, or when I'm not trying. I sort of kind of lucid in taht I can tell I'm out of my body, but I'm not really in control or anything. My mind goes stupid.

I just float around, and bump into walls, and bump off walls. No pain sensations, or anysensations like with the towel cabinet, though.

They only last a few minutes at most.

I need more practice and skills.
I need a signature that isn't stupid. :/

rowofmushytit

before birth, i remember decending upon the blue pearl known as earth.
you'll never entirely understand yourself, since your mind, like any other closed system, can only be sure of what it knows about itself by relying on what it knows about itself[/color]

absinthian

My first experiance was an accident. When I was 6 years old I was playing with an electricitycable. (220 volt, 2 ampere). The moment I touched it I felt a vibration running through my body, ever increasing. I remember my heart beating like hell. Then I saw myself from a viewpoint above my body, I thought;I need to go back to do something, before I kill myself. I was back in an instant, let the cable go, and rested. Since then I was able to project, raise my vibr. level etc.

smooth

my first obe was not that fun. I woke up standing next to my body. and i looked around. At this time i did not know what an obe was, i thought i died or somthing. i freaked out and woke up.
-Chris