What will happen if I only focus on relaxing and staying conscious?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdeadevil

Right I'm going to try tackling this from a new direction, and that is to stop using technique at all. What will happen if I get up in the morning, do whatever I have to do to make myself comfortable, go back to bed and meditate and just keep getting more and more relaxed but staying awake? Because when you get relaxed enough, you supposedly fall asleep, but if you stay awake and alert, will something magic happen?

I'm just thinking 'cause nothing works, I've only been out-of-body twice and they only happened without any effort on the technique. I mean yeah, in the middle of the night when I woke up and immediately started vibrating, I just 'sat up' out-of-body and then laid back down again, but I didn't visualise anything and I hadn't even been awake for more than half a minute.

PS. I was just proof-reading my post then and I thought I mistyped Meditate as Masturbate, how embarrassing would that have been..

Bedeekin

"Right I'm going to try tackling this from a new direction, and that is to stop using technique at all. What will happen if I get up in the morning, do whatever I have to do to make myself comfortable, go back to bed and meditate and just keep getting more and more relaxed but staying awake? Because when you get relaxed enough, you supposedly fall asleep, but if you stay awake and alert, will something magic happen?"

Perfect. That will work lovely!!

Maybe 'method' sometimes makes the process too mechanical.

I so don't want to elaborate because your idea sounds perfect.

One little elaboration and isn't technique but just a little pointer... Get up when you wake up... don't snooze! :wink:

Xanth

The no-technique technique!

That's the basis for how to project.   Relax and keep your mind active.   Do it!   :-)

Astralsuzy

This is a great technique to use.  It is very easy.  You do not have to do anything much.  You just keep breathing in and out.  You will relax more and more.  There are four things that can happen.

The first thing is you might start to go to some place.  If that happens, you need to keep alert otherwise you are likely to fall asleep.
The second thing may happen is, your inner self will start moving out of your body.  If it happens, you will feel it and you will know that you are moving.
The third thing that can happen is, you may get ap sensations.  If that happens it is good to do a technique.  Sometimes you do not have to do a technique and it will still work but it can also fail.  I found that for it to work the mind has to be very relaxed.   It is a bit like you are sleeping.

The fourth thing is, if none of those things has happened, keep relaxing yourself further.  Then relax your whole body all at once at the same time.  What will happen is, your inner self will come straight out of your body.  You can feel it when it happens.  If it does not work, it means you are not relaxed enough.

Astralsuzy

One more thing to add.  When you relax yourself more and more then relax yourself again.  Then relax your whole self all at once.  You will feel extremely relaxed.  It is a wonderful feeling.  I do not think anything could make you feel that relaxed.  It feels beautiful.  It is the most wonderful feeling I have ever felt.  When you are extremely relaxed your inner self comes out all at once straight away.

Xanth

Lionheart

Quote from: Astralsuzy on August 05, 2012, 02:03:08
One more thing to add.  When you relax yourself more and more then relax yourself again.  Then relax your whole self all at once.  You will feel extremely relaxed.  It is a wonderful feeling.  I do not think anything could make you feel that relaxed.  It feels beautiful.  It is the most wonderful feeling I have ever felt.  When you are extremely relaxed your inner self comes out all at once straight away.
Just the feeling of deep relaxation is welcome in itself, without even successfully Projecting. Practice getting to this point every chance you can and you will see Magickal and Mystical things starting to happen. From here just lay back and enjoy the ride!  :-)

AstralCody

This is what I do now, I don't use any technique. I then hear astral noise, and get visions and all sorts of other cool stuff. :-)

Xanth

Quote from: AstralCody on August 05, 2012, 23:26:11
This is what I do now, I don't use any technique. I then hear astral noise, and get visions and all sorts of other cool stuff. :-)
Well, it's still a technique.
It's just the basis which all other techniques are built on.  :)

Read any technique/method you want... you can break it down to these parts:  Relaxing the body, and keeping the mind active with some task.

AstralCody

Quote from: Xanth on August 06, 2012, 01:20:00
Well, it's still a technique.
It's just the basis which all other techniques are built on.  :)

Read any technique/method you want... you can break it down to these parts:  Relaxing the body, and keeping the mind active with some task.

Xanth- This is very true! I didn't state that correctly. I went back to the drawing board and actually learned I was having more success just letting my body go to sleep while NOT going to sleep mentally. Intent also plays a huge roll in my OBE's. I find when I have a lot of intent more things happen. It was harder when I added other things to do like visualize etc... These may be great for other people but it seems to just happen natural for me if I let it. It's good stuff.  :-)

Astralsuzy

Thanks Xanth.
Thanks for the encouragement Lionheart.  I thought about what you said.  I will practice relaxing myself more and more.  I will also make an effort to do the no body technique.