Why can't I have an "astral projection" like the first time I tried it?

Previous topic - Next topic

I have always wanted to have a successful astral projection. The first time I tried it, I used a YouTube video to guide me. I guess you can say that it worked. What I'm about to say happened so suddenly: I felt my heart beat very fast and I could feel myself floating. However, I was told I experienced an early exit sensation. This also happened my second attempt. After that, I've never had an experience again like how I just described. The most I felt was vibrations. I tried using a different YouTube video... nothing. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what may cause this? Am I doing something wrong or are there things that I should be doing?

Thanks!

soki

The first time you weren't probably waiting for something to happen. You didn'tknow what to expect. Now you know what to expect, which make you wait for something. You're probably waiting to feel the vibrations again. and this is the worse thing to do. It will make you fail each time for sure. You gotta turn your attention away from the physical. You don't have to feel the vibrations to get out of your body. And when they come the only way of getting out is by totally ignoring them. The second you give them attention you ruin your try. And this is the hard point they're quite impressive the first time! Go read what I wrote here on the vibrations and there's info in general on the process this might help you a lot. Read reply #6 and #7 here:
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/need_some_advice-t45554.0.html

Keep on trying and take lessons of what you feel and go through. Analysing is the best way to be able to do it again after. Take your time to get used to each stage of the process beacause even if you try you won't be able to go farther at first. You got to get used to all the sensations each stage brings, or you will get surprised and will pop out of the right state of mind. Do it again and again and again until you don't even feel like paying attention to the sensations. You'll get where you need to get to go even past the vibrations. When they come try not to feel them, keep on doing what you're doing. Good luck!

Wow, thanks Soki! I did what you said. I did everything I can to ignore the vibrations and sensations and last night I had a similar experience like the first time. Unfortunately, I didn't go all the way, but in practice I will.

soki

For sure don't worry I was doubting myself at the beginning but with practice it becomes so easy you won't even believe it promessed. Put your efforts into it and it will pay.

Xanth

Quote from: Avatar1996 on February 11, 2015, 01:03:57
I have always wanted to have a successful astral projection. The first time I tried it, I used a YouTube video to guide me. I guess you can say that it worked. What I'm about to say happened so suddenly: I felt my heart beat very fast and I could feel myself floating. However, I was told I experienced an early exit sensation. This also happened my second attempt. After that, I've never had an experience again like how I just described. The most I felt was vibrations. I tried using a different YouTube video... nothing. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what may cause this? Am I doing something wrong or are there things that I should be doing?

Thanks!
Have you ever had a lucid dream?  Or... a dream in which you knew you were dreaming?

Xanth, no I havent. I've heard that if one masters lucid dreaming, then astral projection will be a piece of cake. Is this true? And do you know how any way to make me go all the way in my astral experience? Second question also to you, Soki.

EscapeVelocity

Soki raises several good points and Xanth invites you to look for possibilities through other experiences.

Nobody can point you to the exact point of Non-Physical experiential penetration that you may find yourself within; no one except you: it may be a straight out OBE or Phase, or through a Lucid Dream; each of these is roughly the same thing, they just have their individual particularities.

Most often, these first experiences happen somewhat by accident; or at least, they feel that way. You are very close. A lot of this is occurring at a subconscious level within you, so understand that this has to take time and work in stages. Most of us have felt this level of frustration.

Positive affirmations might do a great deal to help right now; reinforce what's already going on. You are getting there, the steps are just shorter steps than you expect; but I can see they are advancing you.
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde

Xanth

Quote from: Avatar1996 on February 14, 2015, 02:56:31
Xanth, no I havent. I've heard that if one masters lucid dreaming, then astral projection will be a piece of cake. Is this true? And do you know how any way to make me go all the way in my astral experience? Second question also to you, Soki.
If you ever "mastered" lucid dreaming... then you've mastered astral projection, and obeing too. 

soki

Like EscapeVelocity said, each person has something that works for him. It took me so much time before I realised visualisation was what worked best for me. Took me years in fact it's not even been a month and I've been trying to AP since I was 13-14. Now I'm 21 (tomorrow in fact haha) so be happy it went that fast for you. Stick with a technique, they all work. But maybe one suits you more, I mean your consciousness will go deeper faster with that method (why am I saying technique). I told how it happened for me, what you have to do is look what's similar in our practice and apply it the way you can with your method. All the different ways to AP all do the same thing: make your consciousness focus somewhere else than towards the physical (spatial location-bedroom and your body). All the different methods will make you pass throught the same sleep stages, and if I feel, and I do something, then YOU can do it too for sure. As anyone else. But it doesn't mean it is the best way to do it for you since you are different.Find what works best for you, and until then don't worry, what's important is just doing it. You are really close to it, as I am, and it went really fast for you. Be happy you are at where you are in your practice, this is a chance. I'm not worried you will progress soon enough. When we think we went as far we could go there's always something to prove us wrong. It can take time and you can get stuck somewhere. Put your efforts into it and it will pay!