News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Why is it so DARK?

Previous topic - Next topic

blaktatt

I've been projecting for about a year now... roughly once a month.  Could probably be more, but I'm hesitant most of the time.
Reason being:  Why is it so DARK?
I've had some really positive experiences... WEIRD, but positive nonetheless.  Yet, I always seem to go through a particular sequence every time.  And it always/usually begins as so:  Close my eyes (consciously) and if I'm at that suitable state, I see a dim light in the background with rolling, swirling BLACK smoke/clouds moving left to right.  As one wave ends another follows --- rhythmically like a clock.  Eventually that dim light in the background gets brighter as the rolling BLACK smoke continues to flow left to right.  Usually, I see dark, foreboding figures within the smoke and after a bit of time they pass and from there things begin to "brighten up" a bit;  sometimes end up floating in space, sometimes begin seeing a "cartoonish" scene (everything is animated), and occasionally I see an electric-blue background with geometric patterns floating in the foreground.  From there I've seen a variety of different things but they're not "spooky".
Does anyone else experience this?  Do you know why?  I always seem to go through this at the beginning of my experiences and it has made me a bit hesitant to continue at times.

ryan1337

Probably not the most helpful response but I would like to say like attracts like(think dark thoughts, experience dark environment/mood) and you will see things you both expect to see and allow yourself to see. For instance if ( i WISH) I was an amazing projector and I came over to your usual projection spot and we tried to project in the same room, my experience would differ from yours. I usually don't experience these things, fortunately. This indicates the things you're experiencing are subjective, which means you can avoid seeing these things by sheer will power and intent. Perhaps try the clarity now intent, or send some PUL out and see if that brightens things up :)

I'm really new to all this, but I want to help as much as I can with what I know.

Best of luck!

blaktatt

thanks for responding.  And I'm aware of the "like attracts like".  I've used it successfully before, but it's always been long after I'm out and about or when I'm lucid dreaming... never initially.  So, I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next time.

ryan1337

So happy I could help! :)
       One other thing that might help is the overall intention of "seeing things are they REALLY are". Instead of being like OMG IM GONNA BE A BUTTERFLY OF LOVING ENERGY AND TURN THE ASTRAL INTO RAINBOWZ AND UNICORNZ, it might be more beneficial to do your best to just see things as they are without the interference of your expectations. To me, this is ideal.
<3

blaktatt

that would be ideal.  I remember reading something akin to that in Frank Kepple's posts --- going in with no expectations.  I need to get to it, cuz' FEAR has been a huge deterrent for me lately.  I feel like I've got some work to do over there and I've been "freezing up".  Perhaps, tonight I can break this cycle I've been in.

Szaxx

Hi,
The dark place I can remember was on the other side of a mirror on a wall I don't physically have. It was a small ledge high up in a giant cavern or similar. I could feel the space and hear reverberations but couldn't get it to light up at all, total darkness. Usually its easy to light up places, this one not so.
End result, get back and forget mirror jumping.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

Jilt

I have very similar experiences! The rolling dark clouds are always in my vision when I close my eyes and they often transform into shapes/faces/beings at the beginning of a projection (or even meditating).

It's funny you bring up cartoon figures because at the beginning or end of a projection I often see cartoon-like figures or graphics (signs, movie screens, spreadsheets, diagrams, scrolls, mandalas, merkabas) and I find those the most fascinating since they often have significant messages for me.

The scary characters (bats, demons, fire-breathing dragons) have completely gone away after years of doing this so if you learn to just see them as internally created projections you'll overcome your fear and they'll stop occurring. I think the scary sounds and images we experience when first projecting is just emotional beliefs/stuff we need to clean up (and/or gatekeepers our ego sets up to 'protect' us).

Enjoy.

blaktatt

Wow, Jilt!  That sounds just like what I was saying.  Flying bats, I've seen... Demons, I've seen.  So, it isn't just me --- but, then again it is.  Reckon' I got some "cleaning up" to do.  Thanks for your post.  I think it will really help me out!

Lionheart

The darkness you are seeing is the darkness behind your eyelids. When we OBE, we are phasing back and forth from Physical to Astral back to Physical again. We start in Physical, natural darkness behind eyes, we then get a scene, which tends to brighten the screen lets say. Then you lose the Astral and go back to the physical eyes seeing the darkness again. Or you are in the Astral and haven't made an intent for that session so you just float aimlessly in the 3D darkness. Last night was my first successful Phasing after my 2 week bout with Pneumonia. I closed my eyes and 2-3 minutes later I was seeing waterfall scenes and rafts and all kinds of weird things. All of a sudden I lost the scenes and found myself floating in the 3D darkness for the next 1/2 hour. Now the experiment during this Phase session was to find out what would occur with 0 intent. I turned on my Binaural Beats, I had them tuned to go 4 songs at approximately 8-9 minutes each. I was shocked that it took me 2 minutes to Phase. My entire process was 10 deep breaths to start, then I turned on my Bin Beat MP3 and 2 minutes later I had scenery. At no time did I have a mindset purposely to see the waterfall/raft etc. When I questioned in my mind is this my imagination or have I really Phased in 2 minutes, I immediately lost the entire scene. For the rest of the time, with still 0 intent I saw nothing besides a bit of Hypnogog imagery until I ended the session 1/2 later.

blaktatt

When I say "dark", I'm moreso referring to the scenery... bats, demons, foreboding figures.  The rolling, black clouds I always see... well, that's dark in color.  But, I think I've had an experience where my entire surrounding was bright and there was a darkness in the distance.  As I began slowly floating toward it... I could hear my alarm clock going off and began to SHOOT @ blinding speed back to my body.  This was long after my initial phasing... I went through alot of different scenes before I ended up there.  Felt like it was the furthest I'd ever been.  This was several months ago.  I wrote it down in my journal, of course... here's the excerpt:

5th OBE:
Sleep paralysis --- vibrating --- gave in.  RAO position again... difficulty exiting my body.  Noticed a shadowy figure standing next to me, but I wasn't afraid... for some reason I thought it resembled me.  Seemed to be helping me out of my body.  I floated upward to my ceiling.  And then I'm cruising through different tunnels, each with a different appearance (some dark, and some bright).  Began moving slowly through a space that was dark with some unfamiliar objects in background (reminiscent of a laboratory).  Passed by a body floating in mid-air, facedown.  A naked, white male with black hair... and seemed to be lifeless.  I then passed another body floating in the same fashion... a naked white female this time.  She was bald, and had a creepy "doll-face" with a lot of makeup.  Went through another tunnel and began to slow down again.  In front of me I saw a black center with a bright surrounding (like an eclipse) and began moving slowly toward it... mind you, I haven't been controlling any of these movements.  I could hear my alarm going off, and "whooshed" back into my body.  Woke up right after that.

mustbe00

when I project at night it's dark   and during the day it's bright-- when going into dimensions closely related ot our physical plane. but theres so many differnt dimensions some don't go by the same day night cycles- look for portals into different dimesions- some look like worm holes that pop up in the middle of no where some look like tornado spirlas over trees- some look like tears in space- some are easy to enter some seem to be garded and hard to get into.

mustbe00

Never mind bout my last response.. i tested it and it is the way you see.. when I first got out of body and looked around it was bright and vibrant, so bright I couldn 't look up. I played around for awhile but then started to drift off to sleep or loose conciousness- first a grey haze came over everything, then I began to fall and everything turned into the grey spiraly clouds- there were some shadow figures and out of the courner of my eye there was the elf like shadow flying beside me.. then I drifted back to my body and woke up.. practice trying to open your eyes or do manovers to wake your astral self up.

Xanth

Quote from: blaktatt on October 30, 2011, 18:25:24
When I say "dark", I'm moreso referring to the scenery... bats, demons, foreboding figures.  The rolling, black clouds I always see... well, that's dark in color.  But, I think I've had an experience where my entire surrounding was bright and there was a darkness in the distance.  As I began slowly floating toward it... I could hear my alarm clock going off and began to SHOOT @ blinding speed back to my body.  This was long after my initial phasing... I went through alot of different scenes before I ended up there.  Felt like it was the furthest I'd ever been.  This was several months ago.  I wrote it down in my journal, of course... here's the excerpt.
"What" we experience when we project is a reflection upon how we perceive things around us.
You've got a more "darker" view of the world.  That's clear.

blaktatt

you're right about that Ryan... I really don't like that about myself, but there just ain't a whole lotta' "light" in my life.  Hoping to change that soon.

Xanth

Quote from: blaktatt on November 09, 2011, 18:09:50
you're right about that Ryan... I really don't like that about myself, but there just ain't a whole lotta' "light" in my life.  Hoping to change that soon.
Change starts within.
You've gotta shift your perception of your reality.

Goodluck with that.  :)