Wohoo!! I can project again! Freedooommm!!

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyLea

I am not 100% sure but I think you did.  I recall seeing a tunnel once yet different from yours.  However, Maybe the tunnels are not the same for everyone.  I am sorry that I cannot help you out much there.  But ...

I found your LD/OOBE extremely adventurous!  And I enjoyed reading it.

I am glad you were finally able to OBE again!  

If your focus your life on hate, anger, and regret, it is only your fault for what you get.

Spike

Hi Conn,
Thanks for sharing your experience! I think that there must be something in the water as I have just managed to OBE again after a long break too (Heehee!)  :-)
Take care,
Rich

Conn

Hey Spike and Ladylea,

Thanks for the replies... and as a matter of interest, I had two more OBEs since this one I posted :) The previous was strange as I could not gain my astral sight, but I had great fun going through the maneouveres of a very fast roller-coaster :) The latest one, however, happened last night, from about 12am to 3am... Roughly 2 hours out-of-body again (the other one was dreaming of which I had excellent recall) :) As I went to go to the astral plane entrance structure, I was shown various pictures which appeared to float in front of me :) I can't remember for the life of me what they were... but I'm fairly sure I managed to get to an astral plane. Most of the OBE was in fact navigating through strange houses, and eventually I ended up in a beautiful park, and was greeted by a huge alsation-type dog :)

Regards
Conn

Conn

Hey,

I am happy to report that I can now OBE again :) I thought I may as well share the experience, because, ta da! it was the first time I properly entered an astral plane via an entrance structure (the tunnel) and it was the longest OBE to date! (I induced it at about 4am and woke finally at 6am, with full memory!)

As I said, I induced the OBE at about 4am (in fact I was woken at 3am by noise outside and couldn't go back asleep),  using an unusual method. As I lay in bed I suddenly noticed the symptoms of trance, but I was already slowly rising upwards. I went with this and increased the speed, which immediately got me OOB (with the usual sensations). To my contentment I found myself out of body, and as usual went out through the window, which seemed more awkward than usual... the window seemed to be more resistant than usual, but I eventually got out. My astral sight was unusually good, and outside seemed to be accurate (ie, it was dark and cloudy, much like when I woke at 6am). I decided to briefly go back into the house, as my dad was working on the computer in the sitting room. When I went in my dad was there and started talking to me (which started me questioning whether or not I was OOB or really there) and I chatted back a bit. Strangely, my dad's beard was strange, like the hair was computer pixels moving when I focused, but in my peripheral vision he was perfectly real looking (strange!). I kept saying to myself "Keep it objective", trying to clear my mind (stop reality fluctuations). Then, I noticed our cat was there, so I decided to go pet it (since I was aware that cats are supposedly supposed to be adept OOB travellers), but to my shock it started attacking me, like I was an intruder! It stunned me, and I felt it penetrate my hand (but no pain) - still disturbing, however.

I left the house, because of the cat (should stand up for myself! :) and decided to pay a visit to my neighbours next door (why, I don't know, but I was still conscious, and noting it to myself). When I got there I started being dragged as if something was pulling me away from the house (not astral wind, since I managed to overcome it with concentration). I saw the light was on and decided to see who was there, and I saw a shadow being cast on the window  (there was curtains drawn but the light can seep thru), of what appeared to be a parrot. When I went through the glass (strange resistance again), there was no parrot, but another damn cat attacked me! The room appeared to be a toddler's, and was not realistic (there's no toddler's in that house). I left the room and tried the next house, which are new people I don't know. I went in and I suddenly entered what must have been a dream, as it was vaguely recogniseable. It was very hot in the room, and I decided to move along (btw, there was a family of black people there, seemed to be African American since I heard their accent, and something seemed strangely familiar about the whole thing - but I moved on because of the stifling heat). NOTE: They are not my real neighbours, and above the cat was not with my dad :)

I experimented around a bit, and admired the sky (this time I didn't go straight into orbit). I really appreciated how detailed the OBE was, and examined my arms (which were visible!) and tried melting my two hands together, which worked, and seemed particularly impressive - I examined the groove of where the finger entered the other hand, trying to keep things clear (but there seemed to be no problem with tiredness this time).

With many of my usual OBEs, I have the problem of thinking that I should blink, since I'm accustomed to doing it on a day-to-day basis. Any time I bring this to the attention of my conscious mind, I get an overwhelming desire to blink just to appease my mind. I have to admit, this happened again (several times in fact), but I found a sneaky way to overcome this problem :) Whenever I blink during an OBE, the visuals go and don't come back, usually forcing me to get up and get back into trance, like I lost visual contact with the astral double and couldn't project again (ie, if I did rope I would feel nothing). However, I found a way to overcome it (maybe it can help others with the blinking problem? Hehe, maybe its just my problem!) - basically when you unintentionally blink just remember either where you were just as you lost visuals, and grab the nearest object you can remember, or failing that, just pretend you're back above your body, and feel for the nearest wall. EACH time I managed to feel my bedroom wall, and as I did this I immediately regained my vision (albeit I was back in my room, but it didnt break the projection!).

The next thing I tried, which I have intended to try for a long time, but failed the few times I actually remembered - try to get to the astral plane entrance structure! I willed myself up above the rooftops, then pointed just a few degrees above the horizon. I willed myself to fly as quickly as possible (as Robert Bruce suggests in AD - I think!). Strangely, I seemed to stay stationary, but I felt the movement, although not nearly as visceral as usual. As I was waiting to get to the structure, I noticed some blue sparks in the distance in front of me, which appeared to be moving around, like a blue-lightning whirlwind moving around. I decided to lock on to this and move to it, when I felt a jolt and everything went black! Just as I was about to try my trick above, my visuals suddenly came back and I was in this really cool technicoloured tunnel, moving pretty fast (but not too dizzying). I was amazed how colourful and detailed the tunnel was, and it seemed quite different to how I imagined it as described (despite the fact that if I described it in detail it would match the description in AD - I guess you need to see it to believe it!) Then I noticed instead of wind in my "ears" as I would usually hear if I was travelling fast, there was  a pulsing sound, which seemed to have a melody attached, and seemed to change in pitch every few seconds (or whatever the term is!), and then I noticed the tunnels were leading off in different directions (not just left and right but also above and below, and every position in between. From the few seconds I was in the tunnel I noticed the pattern of sound was changing after I passed each meandering tunnel, so I decided to pick one (because I feared I'd somehow get thrown out for staying too long ;) - but I literally hit a bum note! The sound as I entered the small tunnel seemed to go down in pitch, and was flat, like you hear on TV shows when the contestant gets an answer wrong - seriously! :)

I sensed that I would end up in a (pardon me) crap plane, and I was right :) When I got there my visuals got very hazy and seemed to be tinted greyish-blue. Then I noticed blackish figures, which I realised soon were fish. I was in some sort of indoor swimming pool, which was very murky and dark. I avoided the school of fish and surfaced... indeed I was indoors in what seemed to be a delapadated building. I saw a door nearby and moved thru it (didn't think of opening it at the time) which brought me into another almost identical room with another mucky pool. People were talking on the far side of the room, but to be honest I got really downheartened that my first real visit was to such a boring, dull place, that I left... so boring, in fact, I forgot how I left :)

The next thing I know I'm back home, in the kitchen with my mother. At this point I'm stil conscious, and start thinking that I'm now in a lucid dream. I decide to tell my mother she's dreaming, but I knew if I took the direct approcah it wouldn't work (from reading other's stories). I went up to her, and casually asked... "If you were dreaming now, what would you do?". she stared blankly at me, which frustrated me slightly. I asked her again, but got no reply, as if I was talking rubbish (which ordinarily it would sound I suppose). I said, "If this were a dream, I could break the window, then put it back together"... she replied with something along the lines of "Why would you want to do that?"... getting quite frustrated I broke the window, then told her to watch, as I raised my hand and started willing the fragments to levitate and re-integrate back fully. This was working, and it seemed that it would take a long time (the shards were small), and I turned to her and said, "Do you believe me now that you're dreaming?". Again, she stared blankly and finally started talking, but made excuses... Bah! I gave up, this was going nowhere! But putting the glass back together was fun :)

Some other events happened in which I nearly lost lucidity but somehow (through keeping my mind blank) I kept regaining consciousness... for example I was on the street engaged in a brawl then realised how stupid it was. At this point I still believed I was in a lucid dream (re I believed after leaving the boring plane I entered a lucid dream, as I had no memory of how I left the plane) and I had the same vision problem (consciously thinking of blinking), but again, I succeeded getting back. After I regained vision I was in an unfamiliar place, losing lucidity.. as another bloody cat was chasing me and I was clearly frightened. I seemed to be in a hospital. As the cat drew closer, lucidity hit me again like a ton of bricks.

I consciously thought in this dream/OBE that I was a very long time, and that I better end it soon because I would either lose memories of the cool tunnel OR I would be late for my exams in the morning! I decided to blink for fun, but instead of feeling the wall I opened my eyes, and I immediately woke up! :) It was indeed 6am, I was two hours out of body, 99% of it remembered! My best ever I think.

Note: about halfway through I had a False Awakening in which I entered the previous OBE in my dream journal to safeguard it, then when I became lucid again (damn letters started moving!) I was pretty annoyed since it seemed like I wrote about 3 pages in the dream :)

---

Robert or anyone sufficiently experienced.. can you please advise me. Was this a mixture of OBE and a lucid dream? Was the tunnel really the entrance structure? Did anyone ever see lightning etc before entering it? Was the horrible pool part of an astral plane, or was it one of my stupid lucid dreams? :) I find it hard to draw a line between what is OBE and what is dream. However, one thing I can say without reservation is that I kept conscious/lucid to the best of my ability, and most of what I wrote here regarding reality fluctuation were observed during the OBE/lucid dream, which would suggest that memories (mine or others) interfered with things that was noticeable to my conscious mind... Thanks for the help :) If you dont have time to answer fully, all I really would like to know is whether I really got to an astral plane structure and plane :) Yes or No?

Regards
Conn

Edited by - Conn on 18 February 2002  18:16:47