News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Astral Locale

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

It is a very good idea. I like it very much and want to help. Can it be based on an actual physical location which can be photographed? Maybe a combination of scenes, so that even though photoediting tools are used it will look very real already.

themadness

What types of things would you be looking for in this locale? You mentioned having portals and doorways to other realms. Also, having realms of the elements and meeting grounds. Anything else?

Tom has a nice idea of photographing scenes. That would make it easier to do if you wanted an open-air or outdoor setting.

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

Photographing an existing scene is an idea, but I am not sure how much that would "confuse" matters when it comes to the meditation and phasing process. An existing physical location will also exist in the "etheric" plane, which in fact is the same as the so called "real-time zone" which we are trying to avoid. The RTZ is neither the physical or Astral proper, although an extension of the Astral.  

I believe that a custom designed locale would be better, because the participants can give the locale energy and presence, as well as designing it for our purposes. The only problem might arise if some "vistors" took it upon themselves to "alter" the locale, and in which case we would have to create a gateway accessible only by a Sigil, and which only members here would have access to.

As to what we are looking for - this is really what we need to discuss. It needs to be an interesting locale in my opinion with such peaceful features as nice pathways and flower beds, and possible with a fountain and other nice features, but also with specific simple meeting areas such as a circle of stones on the ground. Beyond that, we might have meeting places for communing with the deceased, and of course the portals to the realms of the elements, and other realms.

These are only my own initial ideas however - if this is to be a community project, which it is, then we need as much input as possible. The finished result needs to be attractive but not overly complex however - we must always keep in mind the primary objectives of creating a common Astral meeting place, while providing people of all abilities the opportunity of participating from day one, and to increase their presence through practice. An important aspect of this is that people who are in the early stages of phasing can participate with totally motivation of having an objective, and while being supported ny the advice and experiences of the other participants.

Learning phasing alone can be a lonely experience which requires considerable discipline and dedication - here people have the opportunity for real applying real motivation and which can produce tangible and measurable results as well as developing very valuable long term abilities.

With best regards,

Adrian.

https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Gandalf

Adrian-
Your idea is a stroke of genius, I don't see any reason why it wouldnt work, especially if we get a lot of people focused on it.

I think any picture shouldnt be too cluttered however, to make it easier to focus on.
BTW both phasers and traditional obers can use this technique. Phasers can study the picture and keep the locale in mind as they phase, while traditional obers can use the Robert Bruce technique of projecting into the picture, as described in Astral Dynamics. Put the picture on the wall. Once you have projected, move towards the picure, you will begin to move *into* it, hopefuly ending up in the correct locale.

Regards,
Douglas
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Links Shadow

I agree that this is a great idea, as when I finally perform a real time AP I will be able to directly thank all of the people in this forum that have helped me along the way.  Also, I do think it should not be overly complex for those with weak visualization abilities.  Having to many details may make it difficult for them to focus on while attempting to project.  I agree some form of portals would be nice as well a specific meeting place within this locale for any one who just wants to chat.  I think that the image would be better made by hand and not being a picture as pictures may confuse the mind on which location it is aiming for, atleast that is my opinion.  A hand drawn image could not be mistaken as easily for some other place.  Like I said above I like this idea and will try to provide all the feedback that I can in order to make this idea a reality.

Fyrenze

InsertI agree that it shouldn't be too complex.  However, if we really want portals to all these realms and a fountain and such (all of which I agree on), perhaps there could be a simple central area which could be pictured by all. Those with more developed skills would be enough to make the more complex areas stable, and beginners would easily be able to picture this simple central chamber or what-have-you. Just a thought.

][\/][
P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Links Shadow

Here is a link to my website where I will post some images that may give us some ideas on what we want to see, also if anyone finds an image they think is good please e-mail me and I will post it.  The website can act as our visual aid to help use create a perfect scene.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/linksshadow/ap/locale.html

Fyrenze

Links,

Just so you know, the black background is covering the black text, making it impossible to read.

][\/][
P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

Gandalf

Hi folks,
I have a link here to a part of my website with artwork detailing Tolkien's Middle-earth (ie the setting of 'The Lord of the Rings', the books - not the recent movies).I have the work of two of the most renowned Tolkien artists, John Howe and Alan Lee. The link is: http://www.douglas.eckhart.btinternet.co.uk/artwork.html

I'm not saying we should have a Middle-earth inspired locale, its just that these pictures are infused with a certain atmosphere and enchantment that may give some inspiration and further ideas!

Regards,
Douglas
"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.

Noxerus

Links Shadow

Thanks, Fyrenze I got the text color fixed. Also, I have found some more images and will hopefully have them up later today.

Greytraveller

Actually the whole concept is an excellant idea. [:)]
Amazing how many people picked up on the idea of portals or gates. That's what caught my attention as well. One suggestion is to either have large raised classic arches as gates or make them high-tech (like those found in 'Stargate'). [8D]
Perhaps some sort of large garden or Maze might work (for part of the location anyway). The idea of lush and exotic vegetation does sound quite appealing.
BTW several people at Astral Society tried this concept a while back. They created an Astral Temple though I don't know how well their experiment worked.

Tom

The reason I suggested using photographs as a basis is that it would be easier to see such a place as actually existing. My concern is that it will look like it is from a cartoon because that is the best I could do on my own. The idea of having a place to conveniently meet other people from here mind to mind is very good. I want to see it done well.

lucid dancer

I'm an artist and would love to help with this project. You can check on my website //star-portraits.com
I have a lot of portraits there, but it shows the reality of the work. I've been leaning towards doing more inspiring peices, so this should be great. I'm pondering different landscape ideas as I type. I'll get back to you guys later!

goingslow

Great idea..

I think the simpler the better for now.  Even if its just a pond or something, but works will be great inspiration.  Maybe as time goes on you can add more features.  I dont know about the rest of the people here but even visualizing a detailed chair is very hard for me.

LJ57

I posted a question about this in another thread not realizing someone had already thought of it. Great idea. I'm definitely interested in taking part.

Lucid Traveller

cool idea.....if a final idea is arrived at i would gladly put it on canvas for all to see (i usually do unusual locations in my art already) i have no online examples to share yet, but i rarely dissappoint ;)
...am i dreaming???

clandestino

I would suggest that if this is to work, we would need more than an image to focus on. Most accounts of pre-arranged meetings in the Astral, or travels to meet at a common location, have one thing in common : The participants have some kind of emotional link.

Obviously we are missing this.....The closest thing we have is this bulletin board.

I suggest that any graphic showing the "astral locale" would have to include something/object that is unique to this bulletin board. This might act as a poor cousin to the emotional bond.

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

Thanks to everyone who has contributed with comments, ideas, suggestions, and offers of artisic work so far. I would like to let the topic continue for a while in this creative mode to see what else transpires.

I would just like to comment on clandestino's comments regarding emotional links. I do not believe this is necessary for an Astrale locale. The Astral locale imagery is the common link, and its continued visualisation and use will provide it with energy that participants can become a part of. The more people participate, the more energy will surround the locale, and all who make use of it.

Thanks again - we really have something here, and I am delighted that we have so many artists in our midsts [:)]

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

lucid dancer

wants and needs
I think we should come up with more ideas about this place. We could list all of our ideas about comfort and desirable atmospheres. What we also need to focus on is objects or symbols that have to be there. So far I understand that there should be one or more doorways.
There must be other things that NEED to be there, right?

It might be cool to have a statue centerpeice. Something with character might be easy to focus on. It could have something catchy that is easy to visualize and everyone recognizes it (for example: a rubber ducky)...that example might be inapropriate, but you know what I mean.

goingslow

I think whomever should just design it and people should spend most of their energy on trying to get there.

I've seen things like this get talked to death and then people never do it because there's no consensus of even where to start.  One or two people drawing it then put it up fast, that way the idea doesn't just disappear.

Thats my opinion mostly based on my experience.

LJ57

I agree that spending too much time in the planning stage could be detrimental. However, it would probably be unwise as well to just throw something sloppy together. I am excited about the idea and I feel like it's just the thing I need to keep my motivation high.

lucid dancer

I just want to let you guys know that as one of the artists, I won't be able to start anything for a while. I won't have a day off for about a week and a half. I'll probably come up with some thumbnail sketches to post. So, during this time get your requests in!

Serenity1

Hi Adrian and other interested adventurers.

Being a Novice Pilot [:I]here I don't want to be presumptious but feel strongly toward getting involved in your project Adrian. So here goes.

I am not yet actively phasing as yet but definitely moving in that direction with the results of my exercises thus far with Wave1. (Some uncontrolled Phases).
I am very much interested in this project of the formation the Astral Local.
Agree with the one who says it can be talked out of existence by not doing just talking and debating [|)]- or something to that effect.
I was reading some of Franks posts on Energy Exchanges and the buildings (with their portals and the purposes they served)  which he described in that locale (world) has stirred my curiosity. I've yet to read  Bruce Moens' book (my first book to yet read on the Astral)  Journey to the Unknown.
Reading the accounts on this and the afterlife forums of those courageous folk involved in retrievals has presented me which positive challenges, and others whose posts say they are involved in other??? work makes me wonder at the vastness of opportunities.

I am excited with what the future hold in store for me as I allow the  expansion of my horizons and look forward to meeting many of you at this (currently incubating) Locale when it is birthed.[;)][8D]

Suggestions On PORTALS[?]
Portal  Symbols (need)  be universal language i.e. perhaps ancient Runes etc.
Portals - 12 (why? ) - Could be any number I gess, but to start somewhere12 seems to be very prominent number in the universal language.ie 12 months, 12 inches, 12 Zodiac, constellations etc etc....
As to the type of structure that has the portals ???

I'm open to have the suggestions I put forward challenged and disregarded but I am motivated by this interesting challenge to be a part of something that can be very powerful and creative. That is what brainstorming is all about - get the ideas out into
he open and build with that - brick by brick!!! Bad brick? Give it the flick!!.[^]
Next please?

Bring it on! Whos got the next brick? perhaps a better brick?LOL...or am I on the wrong planet altogether??????[:I]

Cheers[:D]

clandestino

Hi folks !

I reckon that we need to get something up and running here .... If the artists amongst us could possibly come up with a few different scenarios, then maybe we could choose our favourite and make it the "astral locale"??

regards,
Mark
I'll Name You The Flame That Cries