News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Astral Locale

Previous topic - Next topic

mactombs

Yes, this Island is very useful. I haven't been able to project, but in meditations and visualizations, I have found that API is easy to visualize, and very relaxing very quickly. A big thank you to those who have been developing this place, and to Birm for sharing his experiences as well as the Triangle method!

I am also interesting in visiting API as soon as I am capable, and until that time, will continue to imagine it during meditations. I don't know whether anything like this is real or not, but it's certainly worth the effort.

I'd also like to ask about the island bar. Before I ever visited this website, I had a lucid dream that I was on a tropical island, and I was sitting at a table. It was an outside bar area, and I watched the bartender mix drinks (I also tasted them, and they tasted wonderful). Anyway, the bartender was dressed in a Kool-Aid pitcher suit, but when she took it off, she was a young woman, dark hair. Any likeness here, or just another dream?

Also, for the further dispursion of the API image, what about creating desktop themes? I know it's not too difficult to do, and there are plenty of desktops to theme (Mac, Windows, Linux [which includes Gnome, KDE, Window Maker, etc.]). I prefer Window Maker, and will be making a theme at least for personal use.

Anyway, hello to everyone and good fortune!
A certain degree of neurosis is of inestimable value as a drive, especially to a psychologist - Sigmund Freud

TradeMAAK

Phew! After 3 hours of reading I have finally read it all! Now, I browse these forums from time to time and usually I read about OBEs. I myself am a noobie in all this (meditation, metaphysics, OBE, AP...), I started with meditation and that's what I am doing right now. I have always wanted to AP, and try it (a little) each evening, so far I got only some 3 lucid dreams, which were pale and too realistic (I couldn't punch through walls and fly, I dunno why, but I knew it was a dream). From now on, I will train AP a lot more often, because I just want to feel it! I usually try The Triangle method and hear that sound, but no projection [}:)] I know I should not be in a hurry and everything has it's time, but anyway, I will do the following things:
1) Make that beautiful island my wallpaper.
2) Think about most of the time, so maybe I see it in a dream.
3) Read that AP manual by Bruce.

Yeah, well, wait me there! I am really a noobie, so maybe someone could give me a hand with those AP (help me get more into it, leave my body, you know [:)])
ufo sightings, what if we go here how to grow taller and watch some of this linkedin connections

Woopaching

Hello everyone. Reading all of this has been inspiring and has helped me gain motivation again to attempt to learn obe and astral travel techniques, but I'm curious if you all are still attempting to reach the island or not?

Curiously,
Keith

izanagi

hey! i think i made it there!! but im not entirely sure... it could have just been a lucid dream [:(]

anyways, i was first having a normal average dream and then i kinda wake out of it, and into sleep paralysis. then i decide to breath deeply and after a few seconds i rose out of my body, i also had a little trouble getting out but that's because im still very new to this. anyways, when i got out i was in this weird building.. i don't remember it 100% but i do remember that there were guards and it had the company's name on almost any wall. but it was so weird there i don't think it actually existed, maybe just my imagination actually this is why im not sure if it was real. then after i got extremely bored of the place i thought of leaving and tried to go to anywhere but there. next thing i saw was me flying to API. when i got there, i didn't see the front door so i decided to walk around. and i met these two people sun tanning or relaxing or something. anyways i politely said hello and they replied but then i said i needed to find the entrance of the pyramid and walked away. funny thing is, behind the entrance on the other side of the island things looked like they were made out of putty or clay, and it was messed up. at that moment i wasn't sure weather is was a dream or not. anyways, i decided to walk some more towards the entrance and i got there. i knew why i missed it and that's because there was a big line of trees covering it outside the pyramid. when i got inside it was a little creepy, there was a mummy statue with chains wrapped all over his body, and it seemed to be alive. also there was a lady in there, who i asked how long i could stay in the pyramid and she said just  about 5 minutes so decided to look inside the rooms. i only got through about 3 i think(cant remember well what's in them). and then i woke up or returned to my body, and when i got up out of bed i felt a little weird, like minor vibrations.

reasons why i think it may have been a dream is because the island and pyramid didnt seem real at all. infact lots of things felt out of place like the clay in te back, and even some of the people i talked to didn't seem very real... but there are other reasons that point to that it was an obe, so im confused [B)]

well, that's most of it, and im still not sure if it was a dream or not, if anyone who's been to the island can tell me that i was wrong about the island, or if i matched the description, it would be most helpful. also, if anyone could tell me why or why not it was an OBE then that would be great too![:)]

James Davis

My two cents:  It could have been a lucid dream AND an OBE.  Depending on your experience, ability to focus and energy level, you could shift back and forth between consensual experiences and your individual dream experiences without really knowing it.  You don't have to rise out of your physical body to go to the astral plane, you can also "shift" into it without going into the real time plane.  It would be hard to check what experiences were subjective and what were objective (that is, to prove to yourself you had an objective experience in API you would have to find someone who saw you there, or observe details of the island that match what other people have independently observed) but not impossible.  Another possibility (if you had a lot of control) is to befriend a disincarnate entity (i.e., ex-human) who you could visit time and again, and who could explain to you what you did last time you saw them.  Just thought I'd throw out a couple of observations/opinions.  Good luck! [:)]

James

Cheyyne

Alright. Please bear with me if I skip over things said before, because although I've been visiting these forums for years, I never noticed this thread in a major way and I can't bring myself to read 18 pages of posts about it (I know... lazy... I got through like the first 6, though!).

My proposal is this. I can immediately begin work (as in, tomorrow) on the astral locale as a 3-d walkthrough game. If all you artists out there help me with the textures and skins, I can go that much faster. If not, I can always use the .wad files from counter-strike [;)] Anyhow, I've had experience programming in DirectX(windows' 3-d engine, universally used and easily obtained) and C++ as well as, back in the DAY, DarkBASIC. Anyhow, I decided to bring it up because though I thought of it before, I never really realized how plausible the idea was before I saw a post in the General Metaphysics area.

Making a game of mostly movement will be a simple task at worst. I'm a somewhat advanced 3-d artist in Milkshape3D, and Valve Hammer, both of which can be incorporated by DirectX for both levels and entities. The idea is that a "game" can give a much better impression of an area than pictures ever could, and the best part is that your brain fills in the details! I'm sure that since the graphics you see on the screen go through your imagination and subconscious before the thought waves reach the astral location, the actual location won't look polygonal and blocky at all, and most members here who don't have top of the line computers won't have to worry about having computers good enough to run things like vertex shading and such.

The inherent problem I've seen time and time again is that people think they're getting to the island, without actually doing it. It's a problem I thought of as soon as I saw the concept of the island. I have several proposals for ways to get around it (which I also posted in a sister post in the General Metaphysics forum).

Firstly, a beacon of some sort to guide wayward projectors TO the island. Since the subconscious can make up the locale itself, I'm sure it could also (accidentally?) imitate a beacon to the place. Thus, the beacon would have to be rooted to the real world. So what sort of real-world objects do we have that interact with the astral? Why, crystals, of course!

Several (or many!) similarly attuned crystals could be used to guide wayfarers to the island. The obvious choice (should anyone decide to support me in this venture) would be to have me attune the crystals and somehow distribute them to the Astral Pulse members. Concerns of cost aside, I'm sure people don't want to post addresses to the forum, so a trustworthy 3rd party (perhaps a moderator like Adrian or Nick) could maintain the list via PM. In this manner, a person could receive a crystal from the member who just had it, attune their own crystals to that one (or just go for a one-time joyride) and then send it on to the next. That way, the person who received the crystal only gets the address of the person they are to send it to next. I don't think of the people on this forum, generally, as being untrustworthy, but the reason I'd only like to send a few out is that if someone turns out to be a jerk, it's not an enormous investment lost. I don't mind giving something from my own wallet to support a venture such as this. Anyway, it's just one suggestion.

The other suggestion would be hypnotism! Since your mind has the capacity to create a "shadow" version of the API, it's definitely got to have the ability also to transport you there. If a member of the forums skilled in hypnotism (perhaps the user, "Hypnotist"?) could create an audio track of some sort and make it available for download, it would give everyone a relatively pain-free way of increasing their chances of success. By being very specific about the locale in the hypnotism, I'm SURE it would be possible to ensure your phasing goes according to plan!

So let me know what you think! I think the thought form of a game would be much different than that of a picture. You're not just appreciating art, you're interacting, a step closer to the environment and I bet that would translate into stronger materialization on the astral. This is my way of trying to get involved in this project. If I skipped over something and we already have an astral locale that people can reliably get to, I'm sorry, I can edit the post or whatever. But I think the things I have mentioned can have a higher chance of success, which is what we're shooting for, than those I've read about!

Adrian

Greetings everyone,

This is a copy of a post from another topic, in which I have introduced a concept that I have been considering for quite some time. Actually it is more than a mere concept, as I am very confident that it would function as planned. It does of course require considerable planning, and hence this new topic for initial discussion purposes. Accordingly, all comments, contributions and ideas are most welcome.

Here is my original proposal:

I have been contemplating the concept of the "Astral locale" meeting place for quite some time, have researched it, and I am quite sure it could work very well indeed.

I don't want to go into too many details at this juncture, but it would work something like this.

We would find (perhaps with the help of people here) a first rate graphic artist to create an Astral locale as a detailed graphic which would be posted here in the forums under a project topic created for the purpose. We can all have a say in the construction and features. The Astral locale would anyway need to be very carefully thought out, and have a varied and interesting selection fo features such diverse features as meeting places and "doorways" to other realms, e.g. the realms of the Elements, as well as a portal for other parts of the Astral. Beyond that, we are quite literally only limited by the imagination, and the skills of the graphic artist.

The very creation of the locale itself will give it an initial Astral presence - everything created in the imagination is created in the Astral initially - but usually only transiently. The graphic would be posted here as the reference point for phasing - similar to the imagery of the Monroe tapes, except we would all us the same imagery - the Astral locale. Everyone can participate in this! Those that can phase already will be able to phase to the locale in the Astral and meet with others. Those that cannot yet phase will start with a sort of meditation, which will consist of a degree of relaxation, while keeping the image in mind while imagining travelling and being there. After mentally arriving the traveller would mentally walk around the locale, observe the features and meet and communicate with others. Soon enough, a simple mental presence will be achieved which might or might not be perceivable by the other participants. Over time however, with repeated practice, the mental presence will become stronger and stronger, and soon become a full Astral phased presence perceivable by all present at the locale at the time. As more and more people participate, the Astral locale will become more and more "solid" and permanent, and more and more energetic. This is how locales are created by the Astral residents themselves - repeated use of a created locale gives it permanency.

This will not only provide the possibility for a shared Astral experience, but at the same time provide those that cannot yet phase the focal point and motivation to succeed, and supported by everyone else. Experiences and notes can be compared here. The doorways and portals can then be used for onward exploration. I think this would provide a multitude of purposes, including but not limited to assisting people in the phasing process, providing a meeting place, and performing group activities such as retrievals and exploration. I would hope that it would be possible to attract the presence of permanent Astral residents - helpers, guides and many others. It could also be potentially used as a place for meeting deceased relatives, friends and loved ones, by incorporating the methods of Bruce Moen and his friends.  

I would be interested to get some feedback on this idea.

With best regards,

Adrian.
https://ourultimatereality.com/
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Pantalimon

I haven't been here in a while due to Astral Pulses downtime. Cheyyne your ideas are extremely exciting and exactly what the Astral Local/other shared meeting places in the astral need. Unfortunately the steam seems to have gone out of the effort on this project a tad.

I'm the webmaster at the Lucid Crossroads (or Astral Crossroads depending how you choose to visit), click my website button, which is a long term shared thats been going over two years now and is constantly developing. I'd like to integrate (join up) the Astral Local more firmly into what we do over there.

We would love your skills over at the Crossroads... I believe all efforts on the sharing of disparate people around the globes mobilities of consciousness should be pooled into a greater effort.

Parapsycho

Thats a good idea Cheyyne.
It would be more interesting if this "game" had multi-player support, where you could connect a bunch of users over the Internet.
That would be interesting to see if people in the astral world, could cause changes noticeable in the game world. You wouldn't necessarily need a multi-player game for that, but it would add a bit to the fun factor.

Leannain

i did it i've  read all of the 26 pages T_T

hmm i like Cheyyne ideas.

Mr.Swift

Quote from: CheyyneThe other suggestion would be hypnotism! Since your mind has the capacity to create a "shadow" version of the API, it's definitely got to have the ability also to transport you there. If a member of the forums skilled in hypnotism (perhaps the user, "Hypnotist"?) could create an audio track of some sort and make it available for download, it would give everyone a relatively pain-free way of increasing their chances of success. By being very specific about the locale in the hypnotism, I'm SURE it would be possible to ensure your phasing goes according to plan!

Won't the BrainWave Generator be a good tool for self Hypnotisim? Then in your mind while lying down you could just repeat in your head over and over "Mind stay up and leave the body".  Well, I haven't been able to use this method to Astral Project yet, but it helped when I was studying for a test.

Cheyyne

I don't have much experience with the BWGen. I assume it would be a good tool if someone has the skills necessary to create the correct frequencies. I don't know if I am going to actually make the game if only a few people are interested, I was extremely tired that night and was being very optimistic at the time. In any case, I still believe the hypnotism and crystal ideas are very plausible.

FlexiMind

Hi folks,
I'm new to this board and I can see I have a lot of reading to catch up with everyone :D .  I was so thrilled to find a group of people that have explored this idea of an astral meeting place...I've been looking for a place like that.  Is it open to any curious projector or is it invitation only? Does anyone have pics of what the inside of the pyramid looks like, or what some of the outside meeting places look like?  The one picture I saw is kind of dense, it would be helpful to visualize a more open area, like a wide beach, or an area cleared between the palm trees.  Thanks!

Darkening_Light

wow I'm a newbie here. I have been striving for astral travel for almost 4 years now, to mild success but never intended and full sustained astral travel! Would this really work, I mean say i was to come would i meet you people if you were astral travelling to?. also lets say off shore of this island i built a small fishing boat, would all you guys be able to see that without me telling you it were there. And lets say I entered the locale without ever posting on here would i be able to get to know you guys and then come on here and you would know who i was with some cues?

Soo many questions and as all ways when first seeing hope of success it seems like soo little time.

Hammish

Brim, OK I may be making assumptions but I read a post back there and it sounded like
Egypt + Big River + Farming = The Nile and farming Rice crops which require flooded land to grown.

Darkening_Light

well the area around the nile does rise, either side of it there are rich fertile flood planes.

Hammish

Learning from the Astral world, Revision made easy! lol. hnnnm, I do like the classroom idea, that is apparently there since it seems to be giving out actual information. Wow.

AmericanIdiot

About the created image:
 How do you view it? It just shows the regular forum img tags.

Selski

AmericanIdiot

Try this - http://www.astralpulse.com/locale/

It works for me.  :)

Sarah
We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.

xxshimmerxx

Quote from: Mr.Swift
Then in your mind while lying down you could just repeat in your head over and over "Mind stay up and leave the body".  Well, I haven't been able to use this method to Astral Project yet, but it helped when I was studying for a test.

I've tried that. I repeated to myself 3 times aloud "Mind awake, body asleep" then I said aloud "I will remember!" three times. I just kept thinking "mind awake, body asleep" in my head several times, and pretty soon I got the sleep paralysis and floated out. ^_^ It works for me.

I've tried phasing before... but I didn't seem to get anywhere... everything went blank. >_<

FadeEsdrasX

So is there a particular picture that I should use ?

-Andrew

[N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L]

SerGei

aha. like this one: http://www.astralpulse.com/astralpulseisland.html:-D

What about scenes from the movie: The Beach?
Things are changing...

Inkheart

Finally made it to page 19!!!! Alright, well unfortunately I see that most of the founders of this project are not posting all that much, I think all us noobs at it really get a boost in motivation from hearing all these stories and all the "coincidences". I'm going to be concentrating on API very often, and you'll probably see another one of them grey guys just standin there (it'll be me :P). Well I hope to see you all on the planes!

Inkheart

Patterns of Perfection

What is the true reason for all to question but not attempt. If your mind has gotten to a point where you need to answer such questions, then your time is what you make it. Astral projection comes with practice and challenges. Letting go is most of the first step, then letting yourself know without knowing. Understand it is much like a muscle. The more you exercise the stronger it gets. You can find anything you would like if you take your time and use it wisely. Keep it in mind for as much as you can handle, and it will develop

Humilitas

This is very similar to the Locale that is on the Astral that is visited by the Rosicrucians of A.M.O.R.C (Ancient Mystical Order of Rosae Crucis) where I attained the tenth degree under Dr. Ralph Lewis; Shortly after this I also joined the Confraternity of the Rose Cross under the tutelage of Gary Stewart where i attained the Tenth degree also. How many others here nave been in AMORC or other Rosicrucian Orders? I still go here on occasion to re-charge my batteries. :-P