News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

into the computer...

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceriel N

You would not need the net for that, as the net essentially would only function as a focal point. I think the most effective focal point would be a single image created for the purpose as everybody would then share the visual impression. The image should probably be representative of the game, like what you'd imagine a 'screenshot' would be.
Given enough concentration in both time and effort, imagined things should become independent, so that would be how you add things to it. It would not require a person to function as 'server' and the game would evolve on its own. I however do not feel very comfortable with the thought that constructs created for this purpose be given vast amount of energy. - Could have less than desirable side-effects.
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

Ybom

Not sure how to word this. I was mostly thinking that I explained it wrong then. Ceriel N, what if I said that you're playing the game in the head of that person really, that person is constructing psychic constructs, you just get to them via the real time plane (well unless...bah this is getting rather complicated).

I'm trying to create a way to go beyond the limitations of the physical world via computers or sports rules and still keep it as stable as a computerface. Any ideas regarding that?
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

Ceriel N

Artificial Intelligence.
But I don't have enough insight about awareness to say if it is needed, if it is possibe, or will simply come naturally.
Anyway, you'd need a super-computer running at 10 times the top speed of the day to mimic a human brain, and if they build one of those anytime soon, I don't think they'll use it to play games. =/
Coding the AI would also be a major task, and you'd probably have to fight religious fanatics to pull it off.

Virtual reality would be easier, and if you're thinking of The Matrix; that.

I'm not sure if you could implement your own set of rules onto the astral plane, and if you could you'd be talking of efforts that would push the topic towards Spiritual Development.

In all honesty, I think the effort required to do this would push it away from 'entertianment' and onto 'work', because it would be a helluva lot of work.
"We work in the dark - we do what we can- we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art."
- Henry James

T_Kman0610

quote:
Originally posted by Ceriel N

Artificial Intelligence.
But I don't have enough insight about awareness to say if it is needed, if it is possibe, or will simply come naturally.
Anyway, you'd need a super-computer running at 10 times the top speed of the day to mimic a human brain, and if they build one of those anytime soon, I don't think they'll use it to play games. =/
Coding the AI would also be a major task, and you'd probably have to fight religious fanatics to pull it off.

Virtual reality would be easier, and if you're thinking of The Matrix; that.

I'm not sure if you could implement your own set of rules onto the astral plane, and if you could you'd be talking of efforts that would push the topic towards Spiritual Development.

In all honesty, I think the effort required to do this would push it away from 'entertianment' and onto 'work', because it would be a helluva lot of work.

Ceriel, are you meaning create ur own game in the astral?
if so it kind of makes sence instead of having to go through all that to get into a game lol, like if i were to go into a kateboarding game i would make one and than create the whol game rules and everything by thought. wow![:O] think about the possibilties!
"Only those who have dared to let go can dare to reenter." - Meister Eckhart

beavis

you'd need a super-computer running at 10 times the top speed of the day to mimic a human brain

I've done that calculation when I was trying to simulate a brain on a computer (failed). It takes a computer 1000000 times faster, not 10.

Ybom

Ok, me break down further! Here's what I'm suggesting:

1. Person having the game TOTALLY in their head, no where else.
2. They project that code into the astral plane via sensory objects.
3. People go to the astral to play the game.

AI, VR, and the Matrix have nothing to do with these 3 lil things.
I come prepared...with COOKIES! No, you can't have one!

hypnotist

Hi Everyone: Im a Certified Hypnotist!

Did you every try using Hypnosis and go into a Computer Game. I used it on a few of my friends and they love it.

I tell them befor the hypnosis session to play their games. The one that they know quit well. Then they make an appointment with me and in a group session I hypnotis them and they go into their own Compter Game.

When its over we talk about it. The people that go into it the first time can't believe it. They tell the group that they where actually there in the 3-deminsional world and using all their 5 senses.

You can even create new seance or invornments in that same game that you play.

IF you know any good hypnotists in your area ask them about it and try it.

Sincerely,
Frank E. Mulley A. Ht.

DarkQuest

wow id really like to try that.  i think i am gonna look for a hypnotist where i live to try that out, that'd be real cool
Luke E.

Are you Dreeeaaminggg?

m0d0

I reckon, if you got one of those OpenGL screensavers with the multi coloured lights, flares, orbs and all other such movements goin on. It could be interesting to AP into that enviroment.

Or even if you got a slide show screen saver of some scenery and you projected towards the monitor, it'd basically be a lottery as to where you'd end up. that'd be pretty cool.

T_Kman0610

wonder what it would be like to be on the internet i mean not like now but i mean like actually being in it, like cyber space or something. someone should AP and try it out just as an experiment.
that would be cool being able to get into a pc game or video game!
well if anyone has any suggestions please post it.

thanx,
T_Kman0610
"Only those who have dared to let go can dare to reenter." - Meister Eckhart