News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

The Purpose of API...

Previous topic - Next topic

Wi11iam

From what I can gather it is a group experience to see if subjective alter realities can be proven also to be objective.  Would this be correct?
Think With The Heart - Feel With The Mind

Fairywindblues

Yes. Though, it's quite hard to prove objective from subjective.

For example: A year ago, before I ever heard of API, I had a lucid dream that I was on a little island at night. I was hanging around the beach area and in the distance, I did see what looked a lot like the great pyramid of Giza.

However, am I 100% sure that I was on API in terms of the 'objective' island created by the mass consciousness of people working to create its image?

Well, this is hard to say. For one, I have an obsession with ancient Egypt, and see pyramids quite frequently in my dreams.

Second, I had just gotten back from a vacation on the beach at the time.

Also, I had never heard of the island or seen it before while APing or in my dreams. I, however, had just come back from a tropical location and have always thought pyramids were neat. It's as simple as that, really.

Could more than one island exist that has a pyramid stationed on it? Sure, why not. After all, everything and anything is possible, if you can imagine it. Or think it. I think what you're trying to get at is to see if you can meet other actual beings on the island who made an effort to get there in order to share and receive data about the astral and their experiences.

I believe it's completely possible to visit the island and meet others. However, it's probably not that easy. Even if you find an island that looks just like it, you may not encounter many people there, if any at all. And, on the other hand, it may also be the product of your own imagination. Before I ever even knew what API was, like I said, I did have a lucid dream that I was on a tropical island at night that had a pyramid on its premises. But the thing is, I'm pretty sure I was completely alone, and I didn't see any other people there.

Was I on API or was I merely just taking two things that I loved seeing - islands, and pyramids - and merging them all into one giant fantasy island? Who knows.  :-P I'm guessing though that, had I known about API at the time I had this lucid dream, I maybe could have tried to raise my vibrations some more and tried to tap in to the actual API island as it is on a collective scale. But like I said, at the time, it was merely an island to me. I was already there, somewhere that could have been it, but I didn't utilize it to try to gain anything from the experience because I had no idea of its significance.

I made API my desktop background and keep looking at it periodically in hopes of going back there on my next spiritual journey. I reckon that's the only thing you can do - focus and meditate on it. Visualize yourself there and see where it takes you. If you get there yourself, for real, I'd suggest asking the first person you meet this very question, if you see any people at all, because I'm sure they'd answer your questions far better than anyone who hasn't actually astrally been to the actual island.

All in all, I think for the best answer to your question (or to see how much the experiment has been a success), I'd try to make it to the actual island. Good luck.

Lionheart

Quote from: Fairywindblues on March 01, 2013, 07:48:48
Well, this is hard to say. For one, I have an obsession with ancient Egypt, and see pyramids quite frequently in my dreams.
Ancient Egypt frequents my Dreams as well. I have Pyramids of various size and materials in my home and have just recently purchased some Egyptian Healing Rods. The ring I wear on my finger since I was 16 is of a Scarab and was given to me from a friend years ago that bought it in Egypt. It has a Scarab surrounded by Lotus Flowers.

I feel I was either part of the construction of the Pyramids or that I am being shown secrets that lie deep in the sand there.

Whatever it is, I have welcomed the teachings with open arms!  :-)

Astralzombie

Quote from: Wi11iam on February 28, 2013, 15:27:04
From what I can gather it is a group experience to see if subjective alter realities can be proven also to be objective.  Would this be correct?

Yes. From what I can gather, the core group from this sight a few years back wanted to see if they could collectively create a location in the astral and then meet up there.

While I believe it is possible, I have never personally met another being while phasing that I thought or knew still had a living physical body.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Xanth

Quote from: Wi11iam on February 28, 2013, 15:27:04
http://www.astralpulse.com/astralpulseisland.html

Answers your question.

Stillwater

Notice that API is about 10 years old though; it is pretty far from people's minds these days, even the creators. People only know about it because it is a forum section, lol.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Fairywindblues

Maybe we should all try to come up with some place new and much more hip than an island with a pyramid on it.  :-D

Lionheart - Ahh, I'm with you there. Ever since I were a small child, I started collecting Egyptian trinkets. Papyrus drawings, Egyptian paintings, little pyramid and sphynx statuettes, and all things pertaining to Ancient Egypt were awesome in my book.

The dreams where I'm surrounded by white sand and gawking up at the glory of the pyramids are some of my favorites, ever! I definitely sense that they hold many, many, many mysteries.

Speaking of which - has anyone ever actually tried to AP into the pyramids? This is so going to be my next project!

Stillwater

Maybe, but there are reasons  to stick with one idea pretty much forever.

The theory that backed API is that collective experiences tend to give something more or less solidity in a projection environment, and that the more people shared a space, and for a longer time, the more substantial that place could become.

For this reason, it makes sense not to change the original concept.
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Wi11iam

The concept seems to be - 'the more individuals who focus on this projection, the more it can be stabilized into a 'real' thing within the Astral Realm'

Also once a real thing, it could become 'first point' and a 'jump off' platform to other areas of AR.

An interesting idea. 

Astralzombie

Quote from: Wi11iam on March 07, 2013, 11:23:08
The concept seems to be - 'the more individuals who focus on this projection, the more it can be stabilized into a 'real' thing within the Astral Realm'

Also once a real thing, it could become 'first point' and a 'jump off' platform to other areas of AR.

An interesting idea. 

It is very interesting but not at all new. Many people believe in the existence of belief system territories. The idea behind this is that many people have the faith that a heaven or hell exists so when they die, they go to these places that is created by their belief . Anybody who has a compatible belief in this place will likely go there through their expectations but it is not a guarantee.

This theory also demonstrates how many people just end up trapped in their own little heaven/hell since they had no real expectation of what comes after physical death and end up going where they go. This place has to be created and sustained from something and there belief in it is as good an explanation as any, if not better.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Wi11iam

Quote from: its_all_bad on March 07, 2013, 13:37:11
It is very interesting but not at all new. Many people believe in the existence of belief system territories. The idea behind this is that many people have the faith that a heaven or hell exists so when they die, they go to these places that is created by their belief . Anybody who has a compatible belief in this place will likely go there through their expectations but it is not a guarantee.

This theory also demonstrates how many people just end up trapped in their own little heaven/hell since they had no real expectation of what comes after physical death and end up going where they go. This place has to be created and sustained from something and there belief in it is as good an explanation as any, if not better.

No it is not new.  Far as I can tell for now, the majority of APs are belief system territories exactly the same as how you explain heaven and hell.

The difference in the 'island' is that it was a project to see if something could be made 'real' which could be shared and enjoyed objectively.
Seems that belief systems are involved anyway, but to be able to bring back shared experiences from AP and collaborate that data would go a long way to proving that it is not all 'in the mind'.

The 'many people trapped in their own little heaven/hell' may also only be a construct of the mind observing these situations.

There is no way to know that things will be the same when you die – when you have no more access/connection to the physical body, that you will be able to experience and do what presently you are able to while AP-ing.

Another possibility is that these constructs ARE real in terms of a collective belief system...like those multitudes of individuals who altogether believe these are real places, through the combined energy of their beliefs they actually create these places and unsuspecting individuals who die and don't expect anything afterlife, find themselves in situations not of their making.

The idea I think, is to find a way to bypass ALL these constructs because as REAL as they might appear, they are not.

Astralzombie

QuoteThere is no way to know that things will be the same when you die – when you have no more access/connection to the physical body, that you will be able to experience and do what presently you are able to while AP-ing.

Very true. I wish there was a way to know for sure that the only difference is the inability to immediately return to our previous physical body. We can meet all sorts of being that promise that it is but the underlying current of all your posts is true. We can believe all we want to but we can't know for sure.

It's getting harder and harder to know what real even means anymore. There is no way to objectively prove what real is.

Please don't use that statement as an opportunity to explain what is real. I have a very sound mind and do not question my reality. I am only speaking in an abstract manner. :wink:
Mark Twain

Fairywindblues

Based off of what some of you guys are saying, it's safe to say that this very dimension could be a mass-consciousness experiment in which we ALL participated when we incarnated. However, we would work much more harmoniously if we all focused on being one piece of a big jigsaw puzzle rather than scattering and trying to stray from the big picture. This could explain chaos in the world - it is influenced by the collective chaos in the mass consciousness. Now, you can apply this concept to creating astral constructs. The mass consciousness is one huge melting pot. That means I am a piece of its puzzle, and so are you, and so is everyone on Earth. If we all sat around and meditated on several key things, I do believe major progress could be manifested in this realm. Something as amazing as creating an astral island? Sure, why not. The more you implant an idea into the mass consciousness, the better chance it has of manifesting.

I, personally, keep having dreams where I go back to high school and am thrust into a scenario with many busy souls who seem flustered and agitated. Usually, every teacher or clerk at the school will be harsh and very strict. When I become lucid in these dreams, I stop to examine the busy people around me. I realize they're all high school drop outs, like me. They never finished high school so they kept returning to the high school scenario over and over (like I did). I never had high school dreams until I dropped out of high school due to health issues and personal problems. I've had this underlying theory that all of us high school dropouts formed a little group in the mass consciousness where we'd subliminally construct the high school environment in very dramatic and stressful constructs so that we could resolve the karmic issues and whatnot.

Thus, like I said, I truly believe that API could be constructed if enough people focused on it. In fact, I betcha that if someone made a documentary on API and put it on youtube to spread the word beyond the forum and other places, API may become more energetically stable. Just a thought, though. My two cents on mass consciousness and astral constructs.

Xanth

Quote from: Fairywindblues on March 07, 2013, 18:30:51
Based off of what some of you guys are saying, it's safe to say that this very dimension could be a mass-consciousness experiment in which we ALL participated when we incarnated. However, we would work much more harmoniously if we all focused on being one piece of a big jigsaw puzzle rather than scattering and trying to stray from the big picture. This could explain chaos in the world - it is influenced by the collective chaos in the mass consciousness. Now, you can apply this concept to creating astral constructs. The mass consciousness is one huge melting pot. That means I am a piece of its puzzle, and so are you, and so is everyone on Earth. If we all sat around and meditated on several key things, I do believe major progress could be manifested in this realm. Something as amazing as creating an astral island? Sure, why not. The more you implant an idea into the mass consciousness, the better chance it has of manifesting.

I, personally, keep having dreams where I go back to high school and am thrust into a scenario with many busy souls who seem flustered and agitated. Usually, every teacher or clerk at the school will be harsh and very strict. When I become lucid in these dreams, I stop to examine the busy people around me. I realize they're all high school drop outs, like me. They never finished high school so they kept returning to the high school scenario over and over (like I did). I never had high school dreams until I dropped out of high school due to health issues and personal problems. I've had this underlying theory that all of us high school dropouts formed a little group in the mass consciousness where we'd subliminally construct the high school environment in very dramatic and stressful constructs so that we could resolve the karmic issues and whatnot.

Thus, like I said, I truly believe that API could be constructed if enough people focused on it. In fact, I betcha that if someone made a documentary on API and put it on youtube to spread the word beyond the forum and other places, API may become more energetically stable. Just a thought, though. My two cents on mass consciousness and astral constructs.
This more than confirms the chaos in the world.
Consider a world where everyone worked together harmoniously... nobody fighting with each other because of ego.

I have no doubt that every other non-physical reality works exactly like how this physical reality works.  Collective consciousness controlling the creation of everything we see.  This is the source of what people call "reality fluctuations"... other "consciousnesses" interacting with the creation of what you're experiencing.

Wi11iam

Quote from: Fairywindblues on March 07, 2013, 18:30:51

It likely goes hand in hand and what the individual ego experiences is simply its own creation - personal creation in which every character within is also a creation of said individual ego.

As to there being a collective creation in non-physical - well that has been described by a lot of individuals as a reality already.  It is largely hidden by any reality created by Individual Ego simply because the IE is focused upon what it is experiencing as reality and the focus becomes even more intense if the individual is actually aware they are creating their own reality...and that reality takes precedence over any collective creation.

There are collective creations which do exist, due to group dynamic belief systems which have created realities they can and do share, such as heavens and hells, etc...but these are largely separate from the collective realities being created which transcend personal and group belief systems and are better equipped to serve the One Conscious Collective Reality.

Wi11iam

Quote from: its_all_bad on March 07, 2013, 15:48:25
Very true. I wish there was a way to know for sure that the only difference is the inability to immediately return to our previous physical body. We can meet all sorts of being that promise that it is but the underlying current of all your posts is true. We can believe all we want to but we can't know for sure.

It's getting harder and harder to know what real even means anymore. There is no way to objectively prove what real is.

Please don't use that statement as an opportunity to explain what is real. I have a very sound mind and do not question my reality. I am only speaking in an abstract manner. :wink:

I think there are two types of 'what is reality' - type #1 is simply subjective and as within my last post above, might actually be the only real reality accessible to an individual ego.
Fortunately we have proven experience with objective reality which allows us to understand that it is possible.  This occurs here in this physical universe and while the individual ego subjectively interacts with the shared reality, it is nonetheless objectively shared by multitudes of those said individual egos.

Thus type #2  is shared and objective is probable in the non physical, not only as heavens and hells etc, built through combined belief systems, but beyond these are still greater objective realities shared by those who use their creative abilities for purposes which enhance the collective rather than to inhibit, control, direct etc...

The central thing is that consciousness creates reality - 'what is real' and this is true be that it performs as a single ego personality, or a single ego personality who has joined its energies with others of the same beliefs etc, or ego personalities who have discarded beliefs and settled for incorporating their energy into that which requires no beliefs, but still requires a reaction which expresses understanding and support for wholeness rather than separateness. 

Real is real whatever the situation.