Why I'm not able to have OBE's anymore?

Previous topic - Next topic

Myxo

Hi! I used to have OBE's between 20-28 years old, gradually I lost the incidence of it, now I'm 32.
Is this some temporary stage of our lives? Do you have been doing it  for more than 10 years constantly? Smoking have some influence?
The more you know, you'll know more about you know nothing.

Bedeekin

Were they induced or did they just happen naturally?

It may be that you have had a change of job that makes you really tired.. or maybe had children. Smoking has nothing to do with it.. tobacco that is. Cannabis will effect it to some degree.

Astralzombie

Being able to intentionally have OOBE is not like riding a bike. You will lose it if you don't use it. The good news is that all it takes is some work and dedication to get it all back. Or so I've been told. I can't imagine ever stopping purposely. I go through periods where I do it less often but I always "return" when I feel like I need to.

Just last month, it was so important to me to have OOBE where I am fully aware from start to finish and now I'd rather just let my dreams take their narrative course. I don't always seem to have a say in this and get "pulled out" for one reason or another.

Look back and see what changes have taken place in your life. Do you have a different mindset? Perhaps you've become a bit more doubtful. Whatever the reason, it can be overcome. Good luck.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

meeshatech

question: what has one changed in your life in your life? what do you believe it has really changed ?
Peace and Love,
and....
All of the above!

roman67

No, you can get OBE's in that age also. Yes, it is also possible to get it more than 10 years constantly.

Myxo

Mmm the only thing I remember impulse the success is when I was in love with somebody, children not jet, job is the same even I feel better about phisical life, projects, etc. Cannabis I use it ocasionally, maybe this? and... why?
The more you know, you'll know more about you know nothing.

rvcode

Cannabis helps you relax so why would that interfere with phasing or astral travel? Seems like it would be helpful...

Astralzombie

I don't think cannabis in and of itself stops people from projecting. I think what happens is that people smoke some and then began to wonder if it will affect their ability. All it takes is a couple of unsuccessful attempts and a lot assume that it's the problem, so it is.

Like all things in life and especially when it comes to projecting, it doesn't matter whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right. :-D

Many people have their first encounter in the NPR with their awareness while under the affects of various drugs, so I don't believe that drugs are the problem...in specifics to being able to project only.

Personally, I like to be as sure as possible that my experiences are as objectively real...given the subject matter. So I would discredit any NPR experience that I had if I was under some type of drug but that doesn't mean it wasn't a "real" experience, of course it was.

Instead of drugs causing hallucinations, I think that they dampen or altogether temporarily diminish (depending on which drug) the part of our brain that normally "closes" off the NPR to our waking life. In other words, drugs can lift the curtain.

Just to be clear, I do not use nor do I promote any type of substance use to project. It is completely unnecessary IMO, but I will not discount their validity and religious value to many cultures.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

I believe it happens when it's supposed to.

We go through periods in our life where it's better to focus 100% on this Physical Reality.

You have already proven in the past that you can do it, so when the time is right, you shall do it again!  :-)

You can still keep practicing Meditation though, that's always a good thing!  :wink:

Krishanna

did you say it happened when you were in love? And it stopped when you were no longer in love?

Maybe its the hormones, maybe you are lacking one of these love chemicals:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/love/

you need the love doctor.  :wink:

roman67

No, there is nothing like that Krishana. You can have OBE whenever you want to by doing some techniques.

Dean01

Perhaps you just don't remember your OBEs anymore?... Memory obviously does tend to decline with age; however, at your relatively young age, I am a tad skeptical of that explanation. There is research, though, to suggest that long-term marijuana use can affect memory in a negative manner while smoking it in small doses can actually help memory and prevent related conditions such as Alzheimer's..... So yeah, just a thought. Did you meditate when you had your obe's? Do you meditate now? Would you say that you are not as relaxed today as before... or that your mind is not as clear now as compared with before? I personally believe that you have to consider questions like these, in addition to the other questions ppl here have been asking. In any case, I think that if you actually want to have OBEs (especially conscious ones), it should be relatively simple so long as you commit to meditation and/or other lifestyle changes that may allow you to live a more balanced and stress-free life. Best of luck! We're here to help  :-)

drake

Quote from: Myxo on March 26, 2013, 20:05:48
Hi! I used to have OBE's between 20-28 years old, gradually I lost the incidence of it, now I'm 32.
Is this some temporary stage of our lives? Do you have been doing it  for more than 10 years constantly? Smoking have some influence?

This will effect you more in the future.