News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Explorations in Consciousness - Book Release

Previous topic - Next topic

Major Tom

Explorations in Consciousness

A New Approach to Out of Body Experiences

Frederick Aardema
(Release date: May 2012)

WHAT IS REALITY?

In Explorations in Consciousness, Frederick Aardema, a clinical researcher, provides a profound, in-depth account of the out-of-body experience, during which the explorer of consciousness is able to transcend the boundaries of time and space.

In his quest for knowledge, the author seamlessly weaves in his own travels into different fields of consciousness. These include experiences in the personal field, where he is confronted with the constructs of his own psyche, as well as visitations to collective fields of consciousness that appear to have an independent existence beyond the eye of the beholder.

Highly original and groundbreaking, Explorations in Consciousness presents a model of reality in which nothing can ever be taken for granted. It proposes that consciousness is embedded within a wider field of possibilities that become real depending on our interaction with the world around us.

Regardless of what you believe about the out-of-body state, this book will challenge and excite you to become an explorer of consciousness. It provides you with all the tools you need for your own journey.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

•   The Transition Process – A systematic account of the transition process leading into the out-of-body state.

•   Fields of Consciousness – A comprehensive overview of the different fields of consciousness that can be accessed in the out-of-body state.

•   A Model of Possibilities – A quantum view of reality with direct and practical implications for the out-of-body state.

•   Navigation in the Void – Accessible tools to effectively navigate consciousness by accessing nonlocal space in the out-of-body state.

•   The Vigil Method – A powerful six-step guide to moving beyond the physical body.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

Chapter 1: Setting the Stage

PART 1 – BASIC ISSUES AND CONTROVERSIES

Chapter 2 Theoretical Approaches

Definitional Issues
Occult and Mystical Traditions
Popular Contemporary Approaches
Materialistic and Psychological Theories
Non-local Perspectives

Chapter 3 The Transition Process

Making Sense of no Senses
The Origin of Energy Sensations
The Induction of Energy Sensations
The Intensification of Energy Sensations
Sensory reduction and Body Awareness
Separation
Variations in Sensory Reduction
Asomatic Pathways to the Out of Body State
Exotic Modes of Transition
Sensory "Bleedthrough" Following Perceptual Engagement
A Final Model of the Transition Process

PART 2 – EXPLORATIONS IN THE PHYSICAL

Chapter 4 The Physical Field of Consciousness

Projections into the Physical Field
Failures in the Reconstruction of Physical Reality
Maintaining the Proper Mental Construction
Cognitive and Perceptual Abilities
Body Awareness and Appearance
Social Interaction
Parallel Fields of Consciousness
Concluding Remarks

Chapter 5 Veridical Perception

The Evidence
The Card Test
Reach Out and Touch
Simple Colors
Feeling the Way Again
Influencing the Physical World
The Bottom Line

PART 3 – THE HUMAN SPECTRUM OF CONSCIOUSNESS

Chapter 6 The Personal Field of Consciousness

Understanding the Personal Field
Mechanisms of Manifestation
Entry into the Personal Field
Utilizing the Personal Field
Disinhibition
Aspects, Probable Selves and Higher Selves
Fear and Negative Experiences
Landmarks and Horizons

Chapter 7 Collective Fields of Consciousness

Collective Fields of Consciousness
Probing Beyond the Personal Field
Differentiating Between the Personal and the Collective
Exploring Afterlife Environments
Repository Fields of Consciousness

PART 4 – THEORY AND PRACTICE

Chapter 8 A Preliminary Hypothesis

The Ghost in the Machine
Inner and Outer
The Contextual Nature of Perception
A Model of Possibilities
Fields of Consciousness
Beyond Human Consciousness
A Final Word

Chapter 9 Inducing the OBE

The Importance of Wakefulness
Preliminary Considerations
The Vigil Method: A Six Step Guide
Supplementary Methods and Techniques

Chapter 10 Navigating Consciousness

Three-dimensional Modes of Travel
Travel in the Fourth Dimension: Beyond Time and Space
Reaching the Void Following Transition
The Quick-Switch Method
Partial Perceptual Engagement
Intermediary Methods Towards Non-Local Travel
Emission Control Inside of the Void
Pragmatic Modes of Travel
Overview Structures of Consciousness

The Mental and Environmental Stability Scale (MESS)
Glossary
References
Index
About The Author

Stookie_

Awesome, thanks Fred! Looks detailed. I'll be buying a copy.

Stillwater

I think I might have heard about this earlier... good job on publishing!

It is healthy for this field to have a number of new and rigorous perspectives added to its study; the concept of projection was too long relegated to fringe esoteric belief-based circles. I feel the internet is primarily responsible for the explosion of interest in, and high-quality ready information available about this subject.

Goodluck!
"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic

Xanth

Awesome!

Can't wait to read it.  :D

I've always been very impressed with your interpretations of the non-physical.  :)

Lionheart

Another must read book I see. That's make 9 of them on my own personal list. Thanks for the info Major Tom!  :-)

Kuroth

Hi.. Sounds interesting..  Will it be available on Amazon??  And if so will the be a Kindle version?

Thanks!

Major Tom

Hi,

Thanks all for the enthusiasm.

It will be available on all Amazons worldwide.

No plans for a Kindle or ebook version just yet. The paperback version will be reasonably priced though.

Fred

dotster

I will also be purchasing one, can't wait :)
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

Kuroth

Spring 2012 is almost now..

Anyway you can get it up on Amazon soon for per order so I can put it in my wish list so I dont forget about it...    :-)

Major Tom

It will likely be May, perhaps even later if there are delays in production.

Major Tom

Hi all,

A little update...the book should be available within 2 to 4 weeks at most online retailers.

In the meanwhile, I have updated the website with several free chapters and excerpts:

http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/book.html

Fred

Lionheart

Thank you Fred for all your hard work. I am really looking forward to reading this.  :-)

Major Tom

Hi all,

It's moving much faster than I expected. The book is now available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

I'm not sure about delivery time at the moment, despite it saying it is available.

Barnes and Noble has the biggest discount at the moment, which hopefully will soon be applied on Amazon as well.

MT

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/explorations-in-consciousness-Efrederick-aardema/1110505574?ean=9780987911902&itm=1&usri=0987911902

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0987911902/

dotster

Congrats! I'll be buying one when I get home, can't wait to read.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.

Stookie_

Will there eventually be an e-book version? I haven't picked up a real book in a year and half.

edit: I see the answer above, my mistake.

Major Tom

Hi Stookie,

A digital version might happen in the future, perhaps a year from now, but nothing firm on that yet. 

Hope you enjoy the paper book!

Best wishes,
MT

Kuroth

Just ordered from Amazon..  Cant wait to read it..  MT I read your 6 step method and I really like it..  Going to start trying it out.. 

Pauli2

My review is here.
Former PauliEffect (got lost on server crash), http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauli_effect

Xanth

I bought Fred's book a few weeks ago, getting to the end of it very soon so I figured I'd add something here.

Explorations in Consciousness is, quite simply, *THE* best book I've ever read on Projection.
He asks all the tough questions... and makes you, the reader, actually think about them too!

I highly suggest reading it.

Bedeekin

What does he say about 'the nature of the infamous vibrations that precede the exit' mentioned in the Amazon book review?

Xanth

He accounts for them as one of many interpretations of "energy sensations".

Other interpretations being: perceptions of heat, heaviness, light effects, colours, voices, buzzing, bells and more.

Astralzombie

Quote from: Xanth on March 14, 2013, 21:06:16
He accounts for them as one of many interpretations of "energy sensations".

Other interpretations being: perceptions of heat, heaviness, light effects, colours, voices, buzzing, bells and more.

Vessen Hopkins takes the view that these are in fact sensations caused by an outside energy source. Is that correct?

Lion, you like to use his method occasionally, don't you?

I have never personally attributed the sensations to an energy source externally or otherwise. But I guess, that it does take energy from our caloric intake to fuel the sensations, no matter how you look at it. It would be nice to objectively verify an external energy source to help initiate an OOBE.

I don't personally need it verified but it could help open more minds to the idea of having OOBEs which is what I believe would precipitate a new era in our modern thinking. Then out the door with so much ignorance, the archenemy of mankind.
It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain

Lionheart

Quote from: its_all_bad on March 14, 2013, 21:24:58
Vessen Hopkins takes the view that these are in fact sensations caused by an outside energy source. Is that correct?

Lion, you like to use his method occasionally, don't you?

Yes and yes, as I have stated here many times I use quite a few different techniques.

This one works well for me.

The only one I don't care for is the systematic process of climbing out of the body, piece by piece.

That doesn't mean it is bad or wrong or anything like that. It works for MANY people, I just don't care for it personally.

I like to kind of go with my mood at the time. 

Trial and error is my classroom!  :wink:

Xanth

Quote from: its_all_bad on March 14, 2013, 21:24:58
I don't believe that's quite what he's saying here.
I think he's saying that what people interpret as being the vibrations is simply just that... their interpretation of what they're experiencing, and is one of many different ways that one can/may interpret "energy sensations".

If he has the time, let me ask Fred to pop in here.  I'm sure he could explain things (as he sees it), much better than I can.  LoL

Major Tom

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest.

As far as I have been tell, vibrations, and "energy sensations" in general, have an internal bodily origin - at least at its source. Further downstream, it can translate into more complex experiences.

I don't think it's a neural phenomenon, however, but instead, far more mechanical, revolving around pressure pulses through the veins, bone tissue, and softer tissues, ultimately originating from the heart muscle - the thing that makes the most noise in your body.

It's not entirely a rejection of esoteric accounts, as I think it might be interesting to match the physiological pathways of least resistance with those of the chakras and energy pathways of eastern traditions, but I have found throughout several experiments that there is a physical explanation for them, or at least that there is a physical counterpart for these sensations.

It remains pretty magical, no matter how you look at it, and it continues to blow my mind.

Fred