News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Explorations in Consciousness - Book Release

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedeekin

So... all or any research I have conducted into neurological reasons for the vibrations is completely redundant?  :lol:

http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_15_1_terrillon.pdf

This actually describes the vibrations using a neurones... not 'brain neurones' but localised nerve neurones belonging to striated muscle groups that are affected by Atonia.

Hope it helps... obviously you need a bit of knowledge about neurones to understand it but this is the simplest paper I could find. :)

Obviously this only describes the physical modalities... not the nonphysical effects/reasons etc.

Major Tom

Hi Bedeekin,

No, not redundant at all in my opinion. It does a good of job in relation to atonia, which is very relevant to OBEs, but less so when it comes to explaining "energy sensations", or all the hypnagogic phenomena.

It falls short as an explanation, also because of those with quadraplegia experiencing vibrations and so forth, which is part of why I would tend to favor a more mechanical explanation along the lines of the late physicist Isaac Bentov and his work on kundalini phemomena.

It's very interesting literature, and it meshes with my experience of these sensations being pressure pulses travelling through the body, which become apparant under extreme relaxation and atonia (which is the part where the neurological explanation are relevant). The pulses bounce all over the place, at varying frequencies, eventually reaching the inner skull, which is why they are rarely at the same beat as the heart itself.  

This is actually something you can test out for yourself from a first person persective (as opposed to the neurological explanation) which I know tends to be your approach to begin with. More detail is my book.

Best wishes,
MT

Bedeekin

Actually you know... the mechanism I am talking about are mechanical. They are staccato pulses of sensation (or electrical impulses) caused by neurone (nerve neurone not brain neurone) depolarisation. The slowing down of information TO the brain.

enlightnd

Just received this book in mail! look forward to reading it. :)