News:

Welcome to the Astral Pulse 2.0!

If you're looking for your Journal, I've created a central sub forum for them here: https://www.astralpulse.com/forums/dream-and-projection-journals/

Journeys Out Of The Body

Previous topic - Next topic

enlightnd

Obtained Robert Monroe's book - Journeys Out Of The Body about 3 days ago, I have been carrying it everywhere with me, I simply can't put it down.

I just wanted to say what an absolutely magnificent read it is, It hasn't been what i was expecting with all the talk of it, I guess i thought it was going to be more of a step to step guide but its much more than that.

He really is an idol in Astral Projection, Also the way he has written it is lots of fun theres many times i have chuckled to myself throughout it.
He never ravels on too much on certain subjects either which IMO is really annoying and frustrating, Its all elaborated just enough.

Recommend it.

Cheers.

Contenteo

Me too, I second this review. By reading these beginning stories you can really understand what Monroe had to go through to bring credence to this field of study. Its a nice blend of experiences and findings.

Definitely add to your reading list.

Cheers,
Contenteo

arkain744

He is one of the fore fathers of this who idea of astral projection. I find it peculiar in that he seems to just leave his body so naturally in the way he describes it. Live his life for 30 years with no experiences then all of a sudden starts leaving his physical body. You might also like a book called Life in Between Lives (do a search for it on Amazon).
I write about my own breath taking astral projection and lucid dreaming experiences. Thanks for reading :)

enlightnd

Quote from: arkain744 on April 13, 2013, 14:27:14
He is one of the fore fathers of this who idea of astral projection. I find it peculiar in that he seems to just leave his body so naturally in the way he describes it. Live his life for 30 years with no experiences then all of a sudden starts leaving his physical body. You might also like a book called Life in Between Lives (do a search for it on Amazon).

Ye hey, I think its quite strange that it just started happening at that age, Also how fast he seems to leave his body, I mean some of his notes or most of them even, He says i laid down in calm state within 5 mins i felt the vibes and instantly floated on out...  :|

Lucky bugger! And if it wasn't happening naturally he just deliberately brings on the vibes.. I mean it really isn't the easy.

Plus reading his techniques apon how he exits are quite confusing.. But anyway, Still a great read. But i just wish it was this easy for me, I would love nothing more than to lay down anywhere anytime of the day and within 5 mins be lifting on out.  :-)

Szaxx

As long as 5 mins. Thats wasteing  time. Joking.
It may take years to achieve this. You need plenty of experiences in all the ways you normally exit. Knowing the best way to react to what starts to occur is key here. Each time is slightly different and not being able to recognise the sequence can take longer to achieve an exit.
After decades of this, there are times when you miss the opportunity because of something new occuring near the exit.
Its like trying to drive your car on a river.
Normally there's a road but now its a river. Different approach required.
There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.

enlightnd

I hate it when you try and drive your car on the river, It always ends up wet no matter how you attack it.

Hah, But seriously good advice :) I guess thats why everyone keeps going back, Its always changing. Keeping it real !  :wink:

Good stuff. In time. All in time. Its something to look forward to for sure.

Cheers.

Contenteo

QuotePlus reading his techniques apon how he exits are quite confusing..

Frank summarizes his beliefs about Monroe's Techniques around page 125 in his Posts pdf in the Astral Consciousness section of the Forum.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/franks_posts_pdf-t31449.0.html

In fact, the whole document is spattered with realizations and reflections about Monroe. I guess I chalk it up as an excellent follow up read to JOOTB.

Cheers,
Contenteo

enlightnd

This is excellent reading Contenteo! Thanks for that. And thanks to Xanth for putting it together, What a champ!
After all of the stuff iv read so far Franks explanations are pretty much slotting all the puzzle pieces together nicely. 

OOBE717

Definite great reading. Bob describes it from a very logical stand point and comes from an angle of skepticism which add to its credibility. This a great introduction to Far Journeys. The second book is my favourite of the series
Follow my journey of exploration through altered concioussness at Astral Projection Guide

Xanth

Quote from: OOBE717 on September 21, 2015, 02:40:41
Definite great reading. Bob describes it from a very logical stand point and comes from an angle of skepticism which add to its credibility. This a great introduction to Far Journeys. The second book is my favourite of the series
I'd still HIGHLY suggest skipping books 1 and 2 and head straight into Ultimate Journeys. 
Over the years, Bob's opinion of what an OBE was changed dramatically and his last book really outlines his perspective prior to his death very well.

You could almost say that Ultimate Journeys is a direct 180 turn from Journeys Out of the Body.  So much so, that I say don't bother with the first two books.  They'll only set you back with (relatively speaking) bad knowledge.

OOBE717

That is the book that got me interest in astral projection. Great read
Follow my journey of exploration through altered concioussness at Astral Projection Guide

fowlskins

just picked up ultimate journey for a £5 in my local esoteric bookshop :) been looking for your quote xanth to see witch one you recomended jumping too and it was the one  :-D

Rakkso

Great book there, always worth another read, always worth someone pointing it out.  :-D

Bloodshadow

I have the book as well was fascinated by it, but I stopped reading it after I lost my place, cause my bookmark fell out, I don't want to start over. I do however wish he told more of his experiences, cause I love reading real good fascinating experiences. I could have done without all his other mentioning.